Random Facts

Started by TheFishlord, July 09, 2009, 03:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFishlord

So here's a list of random things you pick up from dialog that a lot of people might not know or remember or have even heard before. Just random interesting bits that add some depth.

-The SF team that came to capture "an APR bigshot" is from Israel.
-Frank Bilders has malaria.
-Marty Alencar has an STD that causes a rash...uh...down there...
-You can hear a merc talking about crappy new ammunition from Moldova, which comes from your dealer's competetor that he mentions earlier on.
-Mbantuwe likes it when people are angry.
-The "Seko" country makes its own type of beer: the Seko Pilsner, brewed at Mbantuwe's mansion.
-Your predecessor speaks with a tough American accent, but he's black - and no offense, but African Americans have different voices than that. Developer screwup!
-The Jackal is regarded as a sort of pseudo-god by the native soldiers.
-The Jackal uses an M249 and Desert Eagle.
-The Desert Eagle in the game is the .50 caliber Action Express, which holds 7 rounds; only the .44 caliber holds 8 rounds. In the game, however, the AE still holds 8.
-FarCryDude loads the MP5 incorrectly; doing it the way shown in the game will cause it to jam.
-Mercs do prefer the AK47 - they say so.
-Cigarettes do not light fires.
-Flora Guillen is lying-the correspondent in Private Property really is from the Belgian press.
-Even on the Mk19 and the M249, the box of ammo that holds the belts still says it's a .50 caliber round.
-Oliver Tambossa owns a gold-plated AK47, with a stock.
-Your buddies never use ironsights.
-The buses have a license plate that says "FC2".
-You and your predecessor are the only ones who use clean weapons.
-The APR actually controls Goka Falls, no matter which faction boss is there.
-Mbantuwe wears a Rolex.
-Nasreen Davar is from Iran.
-Reuben drives a Datsun.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll add more later if I come up with any.

JRD

Outstanding research TheFishlord... really amusing.

I'll applaud you for that  :-X

Thanks for posting it  :)

BTW... how did you find out about Marty's STD?  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

KillerZ

Could you please explain more fully about the reloading technique of the MP5?

TheFishlord

Quote from: KillerZ on July 09, 2009, 07:10:51 PM
Could you please explain more fully about the reloading technique of the MP5?

You have to pull the charging handle back, insert magazine, push forward again. The same actually goes for the G3, also incorrect in the game. If you don't pull the handle back before inserting, the firing pin will go forward but there won't be bullets in the chamber. When that happens, you have to pull the handle back, take out the mag and put a new one in, then push forward again, and it would w@&k. Why can't people just stick with AK's they're so much simpler  ;)

Art Blade

you people never cease to amaze me :)

I never knew anything about the predecessor... how do I know he's actually black?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

is there not 7 predessors tho guys ?
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

I thought so too... and spent some time thinking about it.

Actually, I believe there is only one predecessor who went after 7 (or is it 6?) informants looking for clues to find the Jackal.

The voice on the P-tapes is the same and he speaks about different guys... the Bolivian, the Georgian etc...

RedRaven

makes sense,

Random Question for you all . have any mercs attacked you with a machete ?.?.?
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

I can vaguely remember a merc or two trying to pull out their machetes when i got too close. Also, dont know if this should go here but found it out the other night. You can drive 4 wheelers through the blown out holes in the big metal fences surrounding most establishments.  :-X

RedRaven

after decorating them though surely?

Art Blade

eh? decorating the hole? the car? I'm lost :)

Driving through holes in a fence... got to check that one out, crazy :)

TheFishlord

Quote from: Art Blade on July 10, 2009, 11:55:36 AM
you people never cease to amaze me :)

I never knew anything about the predecessor... how do I know he's actually black?

After you get all the tapes and go to the island to meet him, you'll find the only clean gun not in a weapons shop that presumable he's committed suicide with, and his body. He wears jean shorts, a backpack, a red beret and sunglasses.

Actually, come to think of it, that's what the informants look like as well...hmm...

RedRaven

a decorated car for you, available in many styles and colours.
[smg id=1010]
;D

Art Blade

cool "bumper-stickers"  ;D ;D

RedRaven

LoL

"i stole my other heap of crap car too"

;D

PZ

Talk about bumper stickers, how about:

"My other car is a Datsun"

JRD

Quote from: PZ on July 12, 2009, 07:17:53 PM
Talk about bumper stickers, how about:

"My other car is a Datsun"

Hahahahhahahhsdbjwijy... excellent  :-X

RedRaven

think will start a Datsun Fan club, they are great to decorate and deliver as special gifts, good at taking corners at speed too.

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on July 13, 2009, 08:16:49 AM
good at taking corners at speed too.

At speed??  ;D ;D ;D
hmm hmm .... too much Polack Conection dke58.... >:(

Art Blade

the man has to cope with not being allowed to drink ;) And I guess it doesn't sound too good to say "went over the rocks and cracks full speed with pipe puffing, and nearly got hooked at a corner" LOL

Tags:
🡱 🡳