Favorite Safehouses...

Started by KillerZ, July 08, 2009, 02:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerZ

I was just wondering myself the other day...  Do any of you have a favorite safehouse; either north or south?  I don't have a particular favorite but I was curious if anyone else did.

JRD

Hell yeah... I have two  :)

- The one southeast Bowa, up on a hill near the bus stop - the most beautyful sunset on Africa  ;). D_B once had a few snapshots of it... check the forums and you'll see them.
I have a feeling that this particular one would be a winner  ;D

- Another one in Bowa is the one in the southwest, near the dry river you flood after blowing up the Pipeline. The reason is simple: ther's a guard post northwest from there, a fuel depot, you can practice shooting. It's so far mercs don't know where shots are coming from. You can spread havoc and have a great time reloading a changing weapons if you prepare your crates correctly  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

Those are two of my favorites too JRD.  I also like the one near the crash site (not the buddy crash) the other one.  It's featured in my American Offline video and I like shooting the mercs there on that mission cause the high rocks make decent cover and it feels like an old time shootout.   COJ anyone?
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

RedRaven

yes indeed, north map, sector 1, first safehouse to the left of bus stop - its got a USAS in it (always fun), and from the terrain around it you can take out the patrol that drives almost to it and back to Cattle Xing, just round corner is lots of BOOM BOOM toys and 2 assault jeeps, and can even snipe the merc down by the lake and clear the safe house with the glider to the south, as well as scenic views for nature lovers.
South map has to be the one to northeast of bus stop in sector 9- its the only one there until almost end of game, good views and best of all if you got DLC there is a trusty unimog at the road side ;D

on the topic of favorites these tools win my vote

Unimog is favorite vehicle
as for weapons really enjoying the M1903 at the moment,
and swamp boats are nice for chillaxing - every hard working merc deserves a little RnR even in a war zone.

what tools of the trade do you prefer ?
also what missions tickle your fancy ? love taking out convoys - so many ways to do them from so many different aproaches too.

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

haha, spaceboy :)

Well, I never much cared for safehouses. I noticed that a couple of them actually looked nice, like a real house, and some were just ugly shacks.

Instead, I have favourite armouries. In Leboa, in the north, near Goka Falls, there is an arms dealer located next to a nice waterfall and a Jeep Wrangler comes visiting out of a habit... great if I want to test some weapons  ;) In Bowa, the one between Port Selao and the Airfield. It's close to the centre, has a .50 AT visiting which is great to blow up with your toys from the armoury, and a river behind it. I think most of my loadout changes I'd done there :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

KillerZ

Ya know its funny, I'm really enjoying the M1903 also, I'm not sure why, either.  I think it has to do with the extra skill involved bcuz you have to look away from the scope to reload.  As for my fave 2nd weapon, I just downloaded the expansion pack and love the sawed-off shotgun.  I think it provides a nice complement and for specialty its a toss up between the dart gun (which is wicked for online play, of which I guess I'm in the minority here) and the crossbow which I think is a lot of fun...

RedRaven

crossbow is ace, often use that till got access to the flamer, if your bothered about your accuracy score the shotguns mess it up big time, each shot counts as 7 as mercs only use buck-shot it would seem and unless your stood very very close its really hard to get all 7 to hit (would use nothing but shotguns if could get solid slugs for them, walking round removing arms and legs as if they were tree branches). with sniper rifles always had the Dragunov -used it alot in Stalker, and 10 shot clip is handy. Now finding it satisfying having to chamber each round to shoot, that way can pretend to bless each one before it introduces a merc to destiny  ;D 

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Quote from: dke58 on July 09, 2009, 07:58:29 AMNow finding it satisfying having to chamber each round to shoot, that way can pretend to bless each one before it introduces a merc to destiny  ;D

OMG  ;D ;D ;D you're a true peacemaker, eh  ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

the M1903 always makes me think of the sharp-shooter in a WW2 flick who gives each round a kiss good luck (just cant recall who it is or even what film)

KillerZ

the M1903 was the sniper rifle Barry Pepper's character Cpl Jackson in Saving Private Ryan used and he would quote scripture as he put bullets in the German soldiers.... wicked

TheFishlord

Ha! yeah. There's just something totally badass about racking that bolt every time you shoot.

My favorite armory is the southwest one in Leboa. It has a nice "testing range" of open savannah that I've nicknamed Aberdeen Proving Ground.

RedRaven

Thats the guy, could picture him doing it as clear as day, but not any names. pretty sure there is a similar character in a really really old war flick but memory doesnt w@&k right at the moment.

Tags:
🡱 🡳