Started by JRD, July 06, 2009, 01:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Platoon leader: "I can't see squat, over"
MGnner: "Me neither, over"
Sniper:"See what... where are you guys? over"

:P :P :P

[smg id=994 type=av]

... and it look much better here than on youtube, believe me.
Anyway... they're relasing some game footage every now and then so we still believe a true game release is possible.... YES, YOU CAN release the game.
ArmA2 is about to get my gravel  :-*
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Impressive graphics - is OFP2 a military simulation like ARMA2 or more like a game?

JRD

As far as I know its the opposite: ArmA2 is supposed to be like Operation Flashpoint, if you know what I mean.  ;)
Both are war sims.
What I heard of OFP2 is that they'll let you adjust some difficulty levels to play as a truly sim or more like a game, with a HUD display, enemy tags, compass, quicksave etc...
Don't know how it works with ArmA2... just dowloaded the demo and will try it sometime this week

spaceboy

looks really cool JRD.  I like the idea of changing difficulty if that's true - I'm not sure I'd have the patience to commit to the highest "sim" level.  I'd try it but I think I'd prefer to play a little lower on the scale.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Guess the ultimate sim level would be no HUD, no compass, no enemy tag, no quicksave or load, realistic blood loss and character injury model etc... I want a little fun on my gaming sessions too  ;D
Apparently AI would react the same though  ;)

gvse

Just to clarify: you can adjust difficulty level in A2. In fact, it has the most robust customizing options I have ever seen, including auto-aim, tags on enemies, "super ai," friendly ai adjustment, head-bob/weapon sway, skill level adjustment, etc. On top of that you can select e.g. recruit level and customize it further to your liking. The bottom line is it can be a "sim" or a more forgiving shooter, you decide!

JRD

That's true... difficulty customization in A2 allow you to adjust practicaly anything in the game, which is great, as gvse said... its up to you to play a forgiving shooter or a war sim.
You can even play with expert friendly AI against dumb enemy AI.
Will deffo play it a bit more today and see what I can get apart from boot camp  ;D ;D

spaceboy

cool.  Too bad Arma2 is only PC if I'm not mistaken.  But OFP2 is supposed to be on consoles as well  :-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

I've just watched some ingame footage of OFP:DR and was delighted to see it uses a control system I had wished for. I even posted here somewhere how I'd like ArmA2 to have better controls as had Crysis, and DR now comes up with exactly that system! lol, nice one, CM  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

This Thread is now closed.
But fear not, all the content can still be accessed at

OFP:DR Video Thread

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳