FC2 Version 1.03 trainer available

Started by Dweller_Benthos, July 01, 2009, 09:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hacko

Dweller_Benthos

Just curious, what exactly said it was infected? Was the link infected (bad web site) or the file itself? I scanned the megagames download with spybot, malwarebytes & norton and got an OK from them, and ran the trainer and it ran OK with no pop ups from norton or spybot teatimer.

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

DKM2

Hmmm, JRD's post. So I assumed something was wrong.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

The trainer I'm using is the one you provided the link to some time ago D_B - the one on megagames.com.  I checked the site with WOT (Web OF Trust) and it came up with a trusted rating.  Just to be safe though, I typically download on a sacrificial PC that is so loaded with anti-malware that it runs slowly - none of the checkers on that system reported anything, even under deep scan.  Used Avira MS Forefront, Superantispyware, Spybot, and Spywareblaster.

However, when I transferred the file to the Vista machine and opened the zip - AVG reported trojan infection.  Concerned, I did a deep scan with AVG and nothing was reported on the same file that caused a report only moments earlier.  Rescanned with everything I have and all appears to be OK.  Have been using the trainer on the Vista (gaming) PC for a couple of weeks now - nothing appears to be wrong so far.

I don't know if you guys do this, but I don't do anything on my PC with my administrator account.  I create a limited account for all online browsing, game playing, etc.  This helps (but doesn't prevent) some malware because the limited account does not have installation privileges.

One other thing - no one at OWG would ever suspect that D_B would knowingly post a bad link.  ;)

Art Blade

I trust this: http://www.virustotal.com/de/ where you can upload a file and have it scanned in real time with 41 scanners. I reported some scan results already so you should know what it looks like. Basically it asks you to upload a file the same way our gallery uploads w@&k, after uploading you either get an info that someone already had it scanned (view results left button) or scan again now (right button). It may be in a waiting loop if many requests are being processed but eventually (usually within a minute) your scan will start and report after each scanner finishes until the list is complete. Important is the bit to the right... a "-" means no infection, else what was found.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Have you uploaded the trainer to the scanner site?  We suspect that it might not be the file itself that is infected, but that Avast is reporting that an html framer trojan is infecting megagames.com, although they claim that it is not the case.  They claim that Avast is giving false positive.

The funny thing is that my AVG gave what appears to be a fals positive on the file, but only for a moment.

Art Blade

I got the trainer when the original site was still working (right after D_B posted it) and that file .exe was clean.

I mean, go to top... the results I got I posted right there.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I have the megagames.com version on my desktop - will upload it to the scanner site.

PZ

The results I obtained from the scanner site using the megagames.com version of the trainer is identical to the results you posted.  There were several suspicious listings - are you attributing those to false positives?

Art Blade

Yes. The trainer manipulates the memory of you pc, like some malware does. It's in its nature to do so.

Tags:
🡱 🡳