Bowa-Seko travel shortcuts

Started by PZ, June 27, 2009, 05:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

If you need to go to points west of town such as the Post Office or the Resort (Ranger Station), take the boat.  It is faster and safer.  While you can take the fishing boat that is docked at the Port, this swamp boat is faster, more agile, and can get you out of trouble in a flash.
[smg id=916]

Art Blade

Thank you for this valuable tip - I keep forgetting that swamp boat, especially when you start in Bowa with that barge mission and have to head to Mike's at the marina.  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

The fascinating thing is that with the start of the barge mission, there is a swamp boat at the dock instead of the clunky fishing boat that appears afterward.  Evidently it is the only time you see a swamp boat at the Port Selao pier.

Art Blade

It's time I w@&k my way to Bowa again, I guess... ah, it's the old problem... "I knew but I forgot". Tsk... Age  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Hacko

I use the rivers quite a bit to get around. :-X

fragger

Yes, I think the waterways are the great overlooked travel route in FC2. The places you can get to are limited, but where convenient it's often quicker and safer to get from A to B by swamp boat, especially at night. You just have to be careful near some riverside GPs, especially the ones with snipers, and places like the Ranger Station and SW area of the lake.
I just wish he didn't hold the map up so high in the boat, it's hard to see rocks, tree trunks etc.

Art Blade

hahaha, I often thought that :) same in the dune buggy, already a narrowed sight, and flicking up the map just does my head in, better stop and look, then  ;D

PZ

The only vehicle that I've found works well with the map is the ATV.  In the other vehicles I need to look down to see the entire map while in the ATV it is all visible.

The funny thing is that the rivers in some places are more dangerous in Leboa.

KingRat

Quote from: PZ on August 02, 2009, 08:20:03 AM
The funny thing is that the rivers in some places are more dangerous in Leboa.

like going up river to the police station?  ;D

PZ

Exactly the place I was referring to - good catch!   ;D  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳