finished the game

Started by spaceboy, June 25, 2009, 10:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

Wow - A compelling story, excellent gameplay, inventive characters, sharp graphics.  This is one of the best games I've played.

I finished with Hero status will excellent Karma and now I can go back and find all my collectibles in the living city.  Next will be a run through as Evil.  Different powers to unlock, different missions - it's like two games in one.

************spoilers******spoilers*******

The game ends with an excellent setup for an inFamous2 which is great news.  I hope it doesn't take too long to get developed.  The story fits better when playing as Good instead of Evil so I'm glad I did that first.

In short, there are 3 "bad guys", Sasha, Alden, and Kessler.  Sasha controls the Reapers on the first island (Neon District).  You defeat her but she is carried away by the First Sons who control the 3rd island (Historic District).  The Warren District is overrun by the Dustmen and are ruled by Alden who was supposed to be the leader of the First Sons - until Kessler came along.

You find out at the end of the game that Kessler was there when the blast first went off - he was given powers - but he took his family and fled the city unwilling to stay and help restore order.  Soon "the Beast" took control and drove the city into chaos and destruction.  When Kessler finally returned, it was too late to stop the Beast.  He developed his powers and soon was able to do something about what he had failed to do.  He was able to go back in time to way before the blast happened.

He took over the First Sons as we was very powerful - sending Alden to the streets as just a young boy.  He accelerated the development of the Ray Sphere and orchestrated that Cole would again get the package and be at ground zero when it blew.  Yes, Kessler is Cole.  He came back to redeem himself and make things right.  He essentially developed Cole into the man that he never was - ready to stay and fight for the city and eventually to take on his nemesis - The Beast.

Many little interesting storylines along the way.  Each character is developed quite well.  Both Sasha and Alden are defeated in the game but I'm sure will return for a second installment.  Sasha is heard talking "in your head" at the end.  Alden is not heard from but he was not confirmed dead in the game.  Many ways the story can take now.  I hope there will be many installments - like a graphic novel come to life. 

Just excellent gaming.  Cheers to SuckerPunch for creating this gem.  :-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Excellent review spaceboy, and I like how you reported the general story line - I personally have never minded spoilers, because they never "spoil" it for me!  :-X

Art Blade

indeed, same here, and wow! Spaceboy, that was a superb summary. Very interesting and a good read  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Nah... it seems just ok  ::)

Just kidding... great review spaceboy.
Good stories and characters sucks us into the game and gets us waiting for more in the end. Even better when the story asks for another run to see how it plays the other way ;)
Looking forward to see the evil inside you  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Tags:
🡱 🡳