ArmA II vids

Started by Art Blade, June 25, 2009, 01:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

This is a vid I like a lot - like a movie :)

[smg id=900 type=av]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Arma 2 - Helicopter [Trackir5 and 3x 24inch monitors "triplehead2go"] [HD]

(Track IR, something DKM2 came up with here  :) )

[smg id=902 type=av]

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Arma 2: Artillery Strike And Raid

That looks cool... dusk (or dawn?), air strike, tracer rounds, tanks... heavy  :-*

[smg id=903 type=av]

Art Blade

Arma 2: Crazy AI blows himself up!

Something funny  ;D

[smg id=904 type=av]

PZ

Just watched the artillery and air raid video and the detail is amazing - great to see the destructible environment - parts of the buildings were obliterated just as one would expect in a real barrage.

Art Blade

I was checking youtube for maybe another interesting vid, and it seems I like that Richie Speed. Below is his own comment on his vid :) Crazy guy  ;D :-X Not only a battle, but a thunderstorm with lightning as fitting background LOL

[smg id=919 type=av]

QuoteWell here it is, the BIG one. I absolutely raped my pc during this one, if there is a single cpu on the planet that was running faster than mine i'd be surprised! I encountered 5 blue screens of death, 4 fatal errors, and about 15 system restarts as i tried to overclock my cpu to its limits.

Eventually i got it clocked to 4.6ghz!!! The performance increase was pretty much double it was before. I had to get ice in plastic bags and cover my cpu, plus about 8 fans, just to try and keep it cool lol. Too bad it was the hottest day in britain all year, my room was 40 degrees! I think the longest i managed to keep my pc running for was 1 hour before a crash, as soon as i had the clip recorded i clocker her back down to a safe 3.7ghz :)

Overclocking the graphics card wasn't really an issue, i had no fps gain or loss between low and high settings, so its very obvious this game is way way way more cpu intense than it is gpu.

As far as the video goes, here we have an overall of approx 1700 AI units across the map. I couldnt put them all close together as my pc would get about 2fps with so many units within visual distance. I listened to your comments so i have put much more focus into infantry and actual fighting.

The battle is dominated by artillery fire and infantry squads, along with a few tanks helis and planes, all of which didnt last long! The mission consisted of approx 700-800 american AI units attacking a huge frontline that spanned across alot of the map. There was no objective or victory tiggers involved, it was just a pure fight to the death.

Unfortunately the americans got slaughtered, but it was good fun :) The reason i survived so easy was because i activated an initialization field that meant the AI totally ignored me, so i could not die. Please remember this video is purely a demonstartion of just how far you can push arma 2's engine.

System specs on my channel.

Enjoy!

P.S:

My system was literally on the brink of death in this video. Until i get alot of major upgrades there is no hope on hell i will run any more AI in a single battle than this, its insanity and i can't believe i didn't blow my cpu up!!!

Edit:

There is no night vision goggles for a reason, i originally was making this mission at daytime but it's nowhere near as epic. At night time, although you may complain you can't see, the atmosphere is so good.

If you watch, i did use NV goggles at the end to show what the battlefield looked like in the aftermath :)

Edit:

If your wondering why the video looks a little faded, its because i increased the brightness so you could see a little better :)

JRD

As a former OFP1 Cold War Crisis trooper, I have to comment those vids, specially two of them
- The artillery strike and raid:
Incredible how IT IS an OFP1 sequel... the whole thing looks like OFP1, the scenario, houses, tress, bushes, vehicles... only with better textures and polishing, obviously, but models seems to be updated from the game.
Even the "blip" in the beginning of the vid, when the soldier spots a moving target and mission stats are updated... exactly the same blip as in oFP1.
- Huge battle 1700 AI
HOLY COW ON ECSTASY... scary gunfight... amazing effects... deffo a huge improvement from past war sims... but the battle dynamics, apart from the looks, is very similar to OFP1... I remember one of the last missions on that game (unlike that last vid, the one I'm talking about had an objective  ;D): Raid a valley taken by the enemy where they hold a nuclear missile ready to be launched... armored BMPs, AAA, spetznaz, MGners, snipers and loads of troopers protect the area and you have to burst in, destroy AAA, call an airstrike, move further in, call tank support and destroy the missile before it is launched... a walk in paradise... men dieing like flyes but you move on soldier.... great fun.

Excellent vids Art....... thanks for that!
Now... let me check my bank account to see how much gravel I have  ::)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I say go for it JRD,  especially considering that we don't have any real idea as to when OFP2 is coming out (or Warhound for that matter).

My only dilema is which version to get - I get to play more on the PS3, but I really like the flexibility that the PC affords.

Art Blade

If you're so interested in making your own missions and share with other members (see gvse's lumber mission) you'll probably find the answer is "PC for PZ"  ;)

JRD

Aiming.... think aiming PZ... FPS are meant to be played with a mouse. Period.  ;)

My next purchase will be FUEL, that's for sure... maybe A2 next  ;D ;D

PZ

I agree absolutely - there is no comparison, and in fact, it would be murder to have console players and PC players in the same MP environment, at least with FC2 - on the console your vision is reduced by 25% on the sides and it feels like you're trying to use your feet to aim the weapon.  No offense console guys, remember that I'm still one of you and I still love my PS3, but those are my honest observations!

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on June 30, 2009, 07:15:09 PMit feels like you're trying to use your feet to aim the weapon

ROFL  ;D ;D :-X :-X

Art Blade

And I thought ArmA2 was too serious...

[smg id=1074 type=av]

Art Blade

I like this one :)

[smg id=1075 type=av]

PZ

hahaha, that's a funny one  :-X

JRD

I'm speechless  :D

I had a vision of little Artie playing with his matchbox in the living room and a voice coming from the kitchen - "Art... what's all that ruckus? Don't make me go over there" ;D ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

hahahahaha!! you've got a vivid fantasy, JRD  ;D :-X

Funny though, how people manage to make fun of a war sim :)

JRD

Whoever creates a war sim where you can go to war as a goat, a rooster or a boar can't be serious  ;)

RedRaven

sounds like you've been reading TMNT comics...
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

DKM2

LOL, I was cheering for the rabbit. "Bite'm! Bite'm!"
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

I can't count how many times I flipped the slider back to the left to watch it again, and again, and again... I love the voice in the end "huh huh huh"  ;D ;D ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳