Latest Content

Started by Art Blade, June 25, 2009, 01:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Here you can post news, advertise missions or vids you created, inform about mods, patches, just "latest content" :)

Here's the link to the download section of ArmA2 (Missions etc)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I did a scan of the keyboard layout card from the game
[smg id=1079]

But you'd be better off going to the original to see the fullsize.
Click here

RedRaven

If you like your Merc look from FC2 then check these out

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6471

Really nice set of Merc and Black-Ops guys with a variety of equipment. All w@&k fine so its a good simple mod to try if your not experienced in the use of Addons & Mods.
Just follow simple installation instructions and check them out in the Armoury section.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

So much to check... so little time  :(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

indeed, alot of people who have done ARMA 1 mods are re-doing them to worl with ARMA2, and there are a few dedicated souls out there who have created forces and vehicles to represent their county ( canadian, french, norwegian, australian the list goes on - sadly no one has done the AS90 used by the UK, but there are also mods taking it a few steps futher ie - Naval warfare, historical battles and so on, )
The range and scope of what can be done seems to have no real limits that cant be overcome. It is possible to change Time, Place and Factions completely, or at least will be when A2 has had things from A1 and more finished off.
What a GREAT game engine :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

One thing is for sure... when I'm through playing the campaign... I want to create a few missions (will take time for sure) to be played as Chedakis or CDF or any of the guerrillas...

The objective? Fight the invasor!  ;D

I love those Battlefield games where you can play either sides of the war... great fun!  ;)

RedRaven

hell yeah, makes it at least twice as interesting. thats partly why alot of people still play table top games, a few years back some folks were claiming PC/Console games were going to kill them off but they as popular as ever if not more, People love choices.

RedRaven

OH HELL, its found us  :D

[smg id=1102]

Somehow dont think the "evil cousin" liked hearing about my vengence rampage ! ! ???

PZ

lol, did you look around for the merc that is coming out of that thing?  ;D

RedRaven

no i didnt , i legged quick sharp, might of been bigger than me!!! Lol

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on July 29, 2009, 03:15:15 AM
OH HELL, its found us  :D

[smg id=1102]

Somehow dont think the "evil cousin" liked hearing about my vengence rampage ! ! ???

Holly crap... SUNDAT... SUN - DAT... DATSUN...

It took me HOURS to figure what you were talking about...  :P :-[

That's it... I'm through with the office for the rest of the day... off to the nearest pub...  ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

hehe, enjoy :) I first thought "sundaY" where the "Y" looked strange, then ahhh, "scrabble"! and figured it out too.

Nice find, anyway :)  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

its in vehicle list as "Pick-Up (Tube frame) [CIV]"
was checking it out i armoury incase it was anything like a dune buggy, but its a giggle for free :)

PZ

Just added an article on how to use the debug console with an example of changing your primary weapon to the Cheytac sniper rifle and starting God mode.

Debug console article

Art Blade

just reading there, and I noticed it just reads "the mod" - I think it would be cool to repeat the link to that mod inside the article, since there might be readers that don't have the back-link to this topic, or the mod respectively. Or, put in a back-link to here? :)

Nice article :) Glad it's there, once I get those mods, I'm going to read it again :) thanks  :-X

PZ

That's a good idea  :-X

PZ

Just added a new article - ARMA2 Command Line parameters.  There are several parameters that are quite interesting, particularly one for Vista users - you can force the usage of XP (useful because ARMA2 in XP can use dual graphics processors), specify the amount of RAM, and even the number of cores your machine possesses for the ultimate in performance.

ARMA2 Command Line parameters article

RedRaven

hi all. patch 1.03 is available from ARMAHLOIC/BIS FORUMS

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82751
thats where i went for it, pretty big list of improvements ;D

PZ

Fantastic news - I've been waiting for this patch because some of the guys making mods were going to fix some problems when it was released  :-X

EDIT: Why is it that other software publishers can't get their patches out this efficiently?  ;)

RedRaven

because they are too busy choosing which bits of their next release to F$£k with so that it wont w@&k properly (thats what i reckon anyhow) Or maybe coming up with new "repeats" of old things to try and fleece more cash from young kids.....

JRD

EXCELLENT...
From the STEAM page

Engine

* New: Functions getPosATL and setPosATL to allow controlling position relative to terrain.
    * New: command line option -showScriptErrors introduced to show errors in scripts on-screen
    * New: Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.
    * New: More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)
    * New: Mission name (with * indicated unsaved w@&k) displayed in the mission editor
    * New: Keyboard shortcuts in the mission editor
    * Improved: better handling of gravitation for shots (esp. for grenades)
    * Improved: Building destruction
    * Improved: Better airplane HUD visibility both night and day
    * Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders.
    * Hotfix: Players are forced to reconnect after MP Load on server.
    * Fixed: no particles effect when hit object with destructNo
    * Fixed: grenade could destroy a building just by impact
    * Fixed: grenades may explode only on the final impact
    * Fixed: when a grenade bounces on a ship deck, the proper particle effects is shown now
    * Fixed: missiles should pass through vegetation
    * Fixed: Player connected to loaded game was sometimes frozen.
    * Fixed: Game crashed when launched on a system with more then 8 CPUs/cores.
    * Fixed: Possible crash with laser designator active.
    * Fixed: Sometimes crew of a close vehicle was visible through the vehicle.
    * Fixed: Infinite looping of commands 'Stop' in radio.
    * Fixed: Leaning 'limits' do not w@&k in TrackIR.
    * Fixed: Clients were often endlessly stuck in 'Receiving...' window after MP Load.
    * Fixed: Rainbow could be visible even with sun below horizon.
    * Fixed: 3D Editor - civilian and resistance units did not w@&k correctly
    * Fixed: Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.
    * Fixed: Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.
    * Fixed: Grenade could sometimes destroy a building just by impact
    * Fixed: Radio messages sometimes echoed
    * Fixed: Team switch did not w@&k when player died
    * Fixed: Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.
    * Fixed: Prevent killed AI units reporting who killed them.
    * Fixed: After respawn in MP, player's tasks, diary content and skills are transferred to the new entity
    * Fixed: Leaning 'limits' did not w@&k with TrackIR
    * Fixed: MP client frozen in Receiving... screen sometimes
    * Fixed: Problems with saving and loading games in cooperative campaign

Missions

* Fixes and improvements in most of the campaign missions (Into the Storm, Harvest Red, Bitter Chill, Manhattan, Badlands, Dogs of War)
    * Improved: autosave logic to not save when it was not safe
    * Improved: Eye for an Eye in Scenarios

Modules

* Fixed: Warfare fast travel on clients was not using logistic values
    * Fixed: Warfare money sending
    * Fixed: Warfare HQ multiple reports
    * Fixed: First-Aid: Action module caused healing scripts to run twice
    * Fixed: Supply drop not ending (wrong vehicle class)
    * New: First-Aid modules w@&k with respawn
    * New: First-Aid ability to stop healing
    * New: Added ability to add Support Requests that do not expire.
    * Improved: First-Aid modules more robust and faster
    * Improved: Better support for side Resistance in SOM / ACM.

Data

* Fixed: Invisible driver in UAZ (MG and GL)
    * Fixed: AI soldiers were able to hear extremely well
    * Fixed: various minor problems on buildings
    * Fixed: rocks destruction effect changed
    * Fixed: penetrability of some vegetation
    * Fixed: collision geometry of A_BuildingWIP
    * Fixed: react FSM core conversations
    * Fixed: cargo animations in LAV25
    * Fixed: indicators in Ka52 when using NVG
    * Fixed: cargo animations in BTR
    * Fixed: Warfare keypoint on Chernarus

Hopefully now I can call an artillery strike... even though my other Rambo me did those Chedakis bastards all by himself... still, I want to see how it plays >:D

Art Blade

Quote* Fixed: Prevent killed AI units reporting who killed them.

LOL

JRD

"* Improved: autosave logic to not save when it was not safe"
is a good one too  ;)

PZ

This is my favorite one:

* Major AI tweaking and balancing (especially AI infantry can hear much less)

The way I play, I need those guys to be deaf  ;D

Art Blade

true  ;D same here. Well, we could still try deafening them by sending in an artillery strike... that kaboom should do the trick  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳