CHEATS

Started by Art Blade, June 25, 2009, 12:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

So far, I haven't found any cheats on the net.

If anyone knows anything (not involving the game editor), please post away :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

wahey. Found out that the old ArmA cheats w@&k for ArmA2.

QuoteArmA: Cheats
From Bohemia Interactive Community

All of the following cheats require you to hold [Left Shift] down and then press the [Numpad - (minus)] button. Then let go and type the appropriate cheat code (capitalization doesn't matter). Nothing is displayed as you type however the key strokes are being recorded.

ENDMISSION
    Ends the mission.

CAMPAIGN
    Unlocks all campaign missions (This must be entered in the appropriate campaign screen you want unlocked. Unlocking one campaign will result in other campaigns that are unlocked to be re-locked.)

MISSIONS
    Unlocks all simple player missions (This must be entered in the appropriate single missions screen.)

SAVEGAME
    Saves the game in your current mission. Can be useful as a quicksave function.

TOPOGRAPHY
    Generates a map in EMF vector format. The file is always created at the root directory of the C: drive. The output file is generated when the map is next viewed in game. German Users: Enter TOPOGRAPHZ instead.

GETALLGEAR
    Unlocks all Armory items.

FLUSH
    Flush all video memory to cure performance issue caused by textures being placed in the AGP memory

What I tried was the "get all gear". I went to the options menu, selected and clicked Armoury, and inside, I entered the code. It DOES show a message on screen reporting it unlocked stuff.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

on a sidenote:

- The armouy cheat works only for one session (and can be repeated whenever you like), if you want to test something specific. Later the armoury gets reset to how you had it before the cheat or, if you gained points, they seem to add regardless, so you seem to get new stuff unlocked. Too much stuff for me already (1,222 points so far) to really can tell :)

- There used to be a "life" cheat (god mode) which had been disabled later on in ArmA1 by patches, and apparently neither works in ArmA2.

PZ

Thanks for the update on the cheats - at least we can use something!  :-X

Art Blade

welcome :)

Oh, I just realise it sounds funny "only works for one session" -- it can be repeated, of course. Darn edits  ;)

JRD

Used the TOPOGRAPHY cheat.

Got a 67MB lage EMF file of the entire Chernarus... awful to handle, has no city/villages names and also a grid over the map that makes it look bad.

But it's a map anyway  ;)

I had to scrap my markings on a paper sheet and will transcribe it to the map latter... I'll see how to post it in a useful manner too... maybe first as a regular image placed in the gallery and then PZ and Art can help me figure a way to disply it on the A2 board

Will also try a crop of the Amphibious Assault area to place some interesting info... a much smaller area map will be better to handle  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

We might be able to make use of the document sharing in our Google for Domains accounts - I'm planning a long ARMA2 session today (my wife is doing a wine tasting and spending the night at her friends home) and am planning to play with maps.  Large ones such as you have can be cut into chunks much like we did with D_B's maps - if you recall, the originals were huge as well.

JRD

Thats true... but right now I'm doing a walkthrough that warlords mission, which takes almost the whole map, except the northernmost and westernmost areas, but still a huge area to cover  :(

PZ

Wow, I had no idea - sure am glad that you're taking the time to do a report on your findings.  That will be very valuable!  :-X

As an aside for you two-monitor guys - I found out that you can easily access open applications on your second monitor when using ARMA2 - the game minimizes nicely.  This is unlike FC2 where you need to alt-tab in a rather clumsy way to switch to the second monitor.

PZ

Initialization:

There is an Initialization box in the properties dialog of the player as well as all the other items in the game when you use the editor.  Here is a great one that is basically a "God" mode.  When you create the player on the map in the editor, type player AllowDamage False into the initialization box and your player will not die.  Bullets will hit, and you'll feel the impact which ruins your aim, but you won't bleed out - great way to become accustomed to the controls!  ;)

If you want to get fancy:

For unlimited ammo:

• this addEventHandler ["fired",{(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1}]
For unlimited health:

• this addeventhandler ["hit", {_this select 0 setdamage 0}]; this addeventhandler ["dammaged", {_this select 0 setdamage 0}]
For both:

• this addEventHandler ["fired",{(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1}];this addeventhandler ["hit", {_this select 0 setdamage 0}]; this addeventhandler ["dammaged", {_this select 0 setdamage 0}]

Art Blade

looks somehow familiar - can the code be copy-pasted into the init box in game?

PZ

Yes - that's the great part copy/paste at will.  Note that the shorter version of the cheat works for some people and not for others.  If it doesn't then use the longer version.  The unlimited ammo cheat is a good one too.  :-X

Art Blade

hehe, "you da man" springs to mind  ;) :-X thanks matey  :)

PZ

You're too kind!  :)

Here's another one - a debug console that allows you to enter script "codes" while in the game.  I tested it in a scenario and it works great.  Find it in the Downloads (or this link)  ;)

INSTALLATION:

Copy file 'stra_debug2.pbo' into your ARMA 2 addons folder ('C:Program FilesBohemia InteractiveArmA 2AddOns' with default path)

USAGE:

During game, press Escape (to get into interrupt menu) and Enter (to open console itself).

Top set of fields are for checking values (upper field is input, lower one is output). Values are checked automatically every 1/10 second.

Bottom set is for executing expressions. Just type some command there and press "Exec" button on right.

All values are saved even after closing the console, but only in current mission. Exitting it and starting new one will reset the values.

One command you can use is player allowdamage false which gives you God mode during the Scenarios, and perhaps even the Campaign.   ;)

RedRaven

nicely, will try that later on today :-X ,
  found a nice little mod adding set of mercs and black ops to the list of guys you can choose, will pust link for that later too.
have you seen any thing that would increase money you get to buy troops/vehicles at hq areas?
oh, and are any of the cheats transfered or applied to vehicles or are they for your character?
  cheers
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Not positive about the money thing yet, but I've seen some kind of reference to it.  As to the script initialization, that can apply to whole units, individuals in the units, your units or the opposition, and vehicles.  In fact everything as I understand it.  for instance, you can make a cow with unlimited health, or your vehicle immune to damage.  The cheat is the same - all you need do is apply it to the unit you want.  (Unit means vitually any object you place in the game)

RedRaven

thought it would be wide ranging in what it can cover,

Die Hard Cows ! nice, might get half a dozen or so as bodyguards !  ( hey Artblade you can be master of the Undying Goat Legion.....)   ;)

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on July 28, 2009, 02:48:40 AM
Die Hard Cows ! nice, might get half a dozen or so as bodyguards !  ( hey Artblade you can be master of the Undying Goat Legion.....)   ;) 

Priceless... ROFL... :-X :-X :-X

Art Blade

hehe, and make a mod that makes me scream "CURRY" all the time when attacking animals ;D

RedRaven

check out the ZSU-23 and play with the guns on it, almost comical!

RedRaven

not sure if anyone has noticed , but the "Get All Gear" command does not appear to unlock everything, i keep unlocking things that are not in my listing but playing about in the armoury. More Toys More Toys More Toys....

Art Blade

hehe, yeah, I know someone who did...  ;)

Quote from: Art Blade on June 29, 2009, 12:13:54 PM- The armouy cheat works only for one session (and can be repeated whenever you like), if you want to test something specific. Later the armoury gets reset to how you had it before the cheat or, if you gained points, they seem to add regardless, so you seem to get new stuff unlocked.

Tags:
🡱 🡳