A Farcry Movie...

Started by Phil-318, June 24, 2009, 12:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil-318

Disclaimer:  The author has heard no inside information or rumors about the possibility of a feature film.  Nor does he intend to start a rumor.  This topic is merely for entertainment purposes only.  Enjoy!!

I'm creating this topic simply for discussion about, if the movie were to be in production, who would be included from the game (character wise), who would play the characters, and the storyline to be used (missions from game).

For me
Characters:  Marty-Colin Farrell
                 Michelle-I'm not sure yet.  Paris Hilton came to mind, but I threw up in my mouth at that thought.  Thinking Bridget Moynahan.
                 Frank-Ewen Bremner (Look him up on wikipedia)
                 Tambossa or Reuban-Eamonn Walker (From Lord of War)

***Additional characters to be added, I just haven't put too much thought into it.

Storyline
The movie would open up with Michelle driving along a dirt road surrounded by grasslands.  The camera would be paning from the drivers-side to the front and to the passengerside using a helicopter to film it.  Credits would be rolling as the screenshots switch from inside the vehicle (at Michelle from the passenger floorboard) to the surrounding countryside. 

As she enters into a small patch of jungle along the road, she is ambushed by either the UFLL or the APR, flipping the truck over.  Gunfire and explosions ensue as it isn't made clear right away who is fighting who.  The camera switches to a view through Michelle's eyes as she watches bullets wizing by her face and pieces of wood exploding from trees.  In a way to incorporate the "passing out" sequence from the game, she passes out.  She occasionally comes to and sees Marty rescuing her and injecting her with a vial of what later would be identified as Morphine.  As she passes out the screen goes black and the sound stops for a period of 3 seconds before flashing the movie's title up on the screen.

***More to come.
"No...No...I just want to go home.  I don't want to die.  I just want to go home."

PZ

Cool idea, Phil-318,

Looking forward to your next installment!  :-X

Art Blade

André: Ving Rhames   (played Marsellus Wallace in PulpFiction)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Phil-318

After the title fades out, the screenshot fades back in a view from the underbelly of a helicopter(although the helicopter is not shown).  As the trees race by it comes to a clearing with a road winding through it.  All along the road, you see refuges fleeing the country by the thousands.  After following the road for a time, we come to a river crossing where opposing forces are fighting eachother as refuges flee the area or fall in pools of there own blood.  The road continues away from the battle to a town that is later identified as Pala into a rundown hotel on the east side of the building. 

In an upstairs room, Dr. Leon Gakumba is sitting at a broken desk talking on a telephone.  His conversation consists of telling the unknown person on the other side that the situation is under control and that the person's arms shipment is still needed.  While the conversation continues, the camera leaves the room and building and travels across town to another war-torn building and room.  Standing at a window and holding a pair of binoculars is Nicholas Greaves.  As he surveys the outside, Prosper Kouassi enters the room and comments to him how great of a snipers target Greaves is.  Greaves tells him that he doesn't believe anyone in the country would be able to make the shot from even three meters.(Yes I am an American and I use the metric system)  They continue the conversation about how the conflict is going to spin out of control if they don't get a handle on the situation.  There conversation continues on determining what route they will take to get the upper hand.  There conversation and the screen fades out to a shot of the inside of a single room adobe house. 

Laying on a makeshift cot is Michelle, still unconscious from the overdose of Morphine.  As she begins to awaken, she is startled by the blurry human shape that is moving around across the room.  She tries to grab for her hip for her gun, but finds nothing, literally nothing.  Her pants are gone (underwear is still there you pervs) and her right leg is heavily bandaged.  The blurry shape slowly starts moving towards her and a muffled voice tells her that she needs to calm down, or she will rip the stitches.  She shakes her head to clear her eyes, but that just makes the pain inside her head worse.  The voice tells her that she shouldn't do that again unless she wants to scramble whats left.  The human shape tells her that she is safe and that she should rest.  Keeping her eye on the shape, she slowly closes her eyes and falls back to sleep.

The screen transitions to a view of the outside of the house, facing the doorway.  Out of the door walks Marty Allencar and is seen clearly for the first time.  He walks to a fire pit, stokes the red coals, and throws a few pieces of wood on top of them.  As the night is lit up more by the flames, he takes out a torn and tattered file folder from his rucksack and begins reading and writing.  A voice startles him from behind and he pulls a .45 from his side holster and points it into the night.  Into the firelight walks Frank Bilders who jokes to Marty about his lack of awareness to his surroundings.  Not in a joking mood, Marty cocks the pistol and asks Frank if he wants to test his lack of aim.  Frank, clutching a bottle of bourbon, laughs and walks closer to the fire and takes a seat.  Marty notices a heavy bandage on Franks side underneath a tear in his old soccer jersey.  He asks Frank if he had fun and Frank replies that it was satisfying.  Marty asks what he did and Frank describes a checkpoint that went less than stellar when he was on his way to sabotage a railcar carrying propane in the north.  After Marty asks if he was going to be okay, Frank tells him to "F**k off, you ain't gonna get my pants off.  Besides, I already got most of the shrapnel out already.  But me ribs are bruised".  He tells him that he would need another set of body armor.  Marty replies, "Me too.  When you find a set, let me know."  Frank tells him that he would drink to that and takes a swig from the bottle before passing it to Marty for a drink.  The screen fades away from the fire and night turns to day and a shot overlooking a deep, jungle filled valley.

***More to come
"No...No...I just want to go home.  I don't want to die.  I just want to go home."

Phil-318

Notice:  Everything that I have written has been and will be printed and notorized by an attorney tomorrow and the days to come.  So if any passing bad monkeys want to steal my idea and take credit for it.  You'll have some splain'in to do Lucy.

PZ

Nobody steal your idea Ricky!

Good read Phil-318  :-X

Art Blade

"notorized by an attorney tomorrow" - quick! there's still time!  ;D ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Phil-318

The screen flashes to a hilltop overlooking a large grassy plain with a large building in the center, next to railroad tracks.  Greaves and Kouassi are outside of the building speaking about their continuing plans to get a handle on the civil war that has gripped the nation.  Kouassi points out a railcar filled with propane gas that he has ordered to be moved to one of the many border crossings of the country near a refuge camp, where it is to be detonated to "teach" the "traitors" a lesson about desertion.

Kouassi then explains to Greaves how Dr. Gakumba and the UFLL's main leader Addi Mbantuwe have become a huge roadblock to the APR and Kouassi quizzes Greaves about how he planned to take care of it.  Greaves tells him that he had sent for a french mercenary that he had worked with before, but her vehicle was found the day before, torn to ribbons by a mortor blast after a gunfight between the two factions patrols.  Kouassi sarcastically gives him his condolances and tells him to find another saying, "this is a warzone, there are mercs everywhere."  Kouassi then turns the conversation to a rumor about an arms dealer that had recently made it to the country.  Kouassi is amazed when Greaves explains to Kouassi about the man that people simple call "The Jackal".  He tells Kouassi about the common knowledge that after the cold war ended, that arms from the Soviet Union were released into the world like flies to a picnic.  But that "The Jackal" somehow was able to market arms from both sides of the Atlantic.  He starts to tell Kouassi more information but is interrupted by a massive explosion from a railcar containing propane from the other side of the complex.  The resulting fire is soon blown out of control by the hot African winds and they have to flee back to Pala before they become trapped.

On top of a cliff overhang in the middle of the nearby jungle, Marty and Frank watch a dark black cloud, several kilometers away, ascend to the sky.  Marty turns to Frank and comments about the size of the explosion and asks if he thinks the factions got the message.  Frank replies to him, "What f**kin message?  That was just for fun."  Marty asks if he was indeed paid for the job given to him by the UFLL.  Frank says, "Of course I was paid.  But why do any job if not for fun?"  Marty shakes his head and laughes. 
Frank then asks about Michelle and what Marty planned to do with her.  Marty again shakes his head and says that he doesn't know.  Frank jokingly tells him that he knows what to do with her.  Marty laughes and tells him to go right ahead but warns him that he took an entire sachel full of C4 as well as several weapons that she was carrying in the truck, from her.  Frank laughes and remarks that she likes to play rough. 

While both men have been joking, Michelle awakens and slowly limps to the door and uses the doorjam as a support.  She interrupts their laughter at her expense and asks very sternly where her pants are at.  Frank, stunned at the sight of this tall thin woman with short blond hair, immediately spits the swig of bourbon from his mouth and exclaims, "holy sh*t, are you sure this is the same woman who you got that equipment from?"  Before Marty can reply, she says, "Yes, and I'm sure I can give you a lesson on how to use it as soon as you tell me where my pants and gear are." 

Marty tells her that she can have it soon, but that she is in no shape to be going anywhere.  Aggitated, Michelle then tells him where to go and says that she has been in worse shape before.  Frank, a little buzzed from the bourbon, and still in a good mood asks Marty if she was bleeding anywhere else, citing her mood.  Michelle is fuming by then and starts to limp/lunge at Frank, but Marty gets between them.  He tells them both that he really doesn't care if they kill eachother later, but he needs information from Michelle about her reasons for being in the country with that much explosives and weapons.  She tells him that it is none of his business and he explains to her that for someone who now posesses all of these items that it now is his business.  He tells her that he will give back to her if she cooperates with him.  She then starts giving him the "Go F yourself look" before they are interrupted by Frank's satellite phone going off.  After the call, in which Marty and Michelle both listen to intently, Frank tells Marty that Joaquin Carbonell of the UFLL wants to see both of them.  Marty asks why and Frank tells him that the UFLL wants them to find a merc who was sent by the higher ups of the APR to kill Dr. Gakumba and Mbantuwe.  Realizing that Frank is now drunk and not completely sure if he can trust Michelle, he tells Frank to keep an eye on Michelle for a bit while he goes on an errand.  Keeping in mind that Frank will probably pass out within the hour and that Michelle would not get far on her injured leg.

PZ

This is a fine read, Phil-318 - Ubi should hire you to be the story board guy for FC3!

I'm really beginning to dislike Kouassi...

Art Blade

excellent addition on our site, good w@&k!

Keep it up and coming, Phil  :-X

spaceboy

Wow, this is a really good read Phil-318.  Keep it up, it's like an old serial installment series.   :-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Phil-318

Back in Pala, Dr. Leon Gakumba sits in his makeshift office reading his field reports.  The news isn't good.  His UFLL, a main reason the civil war started at all, is continuously losing ground against the APR. not to mention the thousands of innocent people who have spilled their blood upon the African soil for no reason.  He begins to question himself about the legitimacy of the conflict.  His years in the medical field didn't prepare him for this kind of carnage.

While stuck in mid-thought, Hector Voorhees knocks on the door and lets himself in.  Voorhees, without saying a word, walks to the window and surveys the town.  The town that was once bustling with the everyday business, looked worse that it had ever been.  With weapons emplacements stationed on every street corner and both of the factions mercs roaming the streets, Baghdad didn't look as bad.  Turning back to Gakumba, Voorhees tells him that he had just finished speaking with Addi Mbantuwe and that Mbantuwe wanted to know if there was to be a weapons shipment.  Gakumba tells him that it should be in the country within the week, but with a shortage of diamonds, purchasing the weapons will be difficult.  Voorhees scoffs at Gakumba and suggests that they just kill the arms dealer when he arrives.  Gakumba replies that if it was that easy, how come the "ghost merc" hasn't done it by now.  Voorhees asks about the "ghost merc" and Gakumba tells him about the merc who came into the country with the sole purpose of tracking down the arms dealer known as "The Jackal".  But that this merc has yet to locate the said "Jackal". 

Voorhees, still at the window, motions to Gakumba to look at a merc that he has watched come into the town.  He asks Gakumba if he has seen the man before and Gakumba replies that he has, but that the man is a contact for UFLL Lieutenant Joaquin Carbonell and that he shouldn't be touched for the time being.  Voorhees looks at Gakumba with suspicion and boasts that he knows most of the faces in the UFLL faction, but that the face of this merc escapes his memory.  He asks Gakumba if he has thought about the merc possibly being their "ghost merc", who is not only responsible for the countless APR deaths but the UFLL as well.  Gakumba tells him to relax, that if that is the case they will take care of it when the time comes.  Voorhees shakes his head and tells Gakumba that he feels that, "time isn't the only thing that is being wasted."  Gakumba looks back out the window and watches the man enter into the church, that stands in the center of Pala.  He thinks to himself about the mysterious merc and what Voohees said and comes to the conclusion that indeed time isn't the only thing being wasted.  The countless innocent lives are being wasted as well.  "For what?"  He asks himself.

Inside the church, Marty makes his way past the shattered debris and prostrates himself in front of what was left of the altar.  Father Maliya, who stands behind the altar, tells Marty to stand and come to him.  Marty stands and slowly walks to the Priest.  Maliya tells him that he doesn't have anymore medication and observes that Marty's symptoms have seemed to have subsided for the time.  Marty tells him that he still experiences fever and chills every now and then, but other than that he has been well.  Maliya hands him several passports and travel documents and tells him to take them to a family that is hiding inside a small business of an undertaker.  But he warns Marty that the business in risk of being raided by the APR and that if he wants to get ahold of the medication, he needs to hurry.

Marty takes the documents and heads for the door.  As he opens the door to the church, Father Maliya tells him, "Peace be with you, my son".  Marty turns and tells Maliya that peace is a dead concept in this world.  He then leaves the church and enters the streets of Pala once again.

Down the street from the church, Prosper Kouassi stands at the window of his office at the APR's Leboa Seko headquarters with a Dragonov sniper rifle pointed out the window.  Greaves sits on a bench behind him leaning against the far wall.  Kouassi tells him that he has the outsider's right eye in the crosshairs and could end the meddling.  Kouassi, of course, suspects the outsider for the explosion of the propane railcar earlier that morning.  One of many sabotages that have occured over the weeks.  First there was the assasination of the Chief of Police when the civil war began.  Then there was the destruction of the APR's poppy plantation that they used to make a crude form of Morphine.  Not to mention the destruction of the checkpoints and guardposts across the countryside.  To both factions, the outsider has caused more damage to their assets and personnel than the war itself. 

Greaves interrupts Kouassi's daydream with a rebuttal that if he pulls the trigger inside the ceasefire, that he would re-ignite the battle here.  Too close to the HQ.  Kouassi snaps at Greaves and tells him that he doesn't need to be reminded.  Greaves, slightly burned from the explosion that morning, questions to himself if Kouassi is losing it.  He has been in constant contact with Mbantuwe about Kouassi's behavior, but Mbantuwe seems to not be interested in the carnage that Kouassi has caused.  Greaves was never one to feel sympathy to the so called "innocents", but nevertheless, he is a professional and even he knows to keep the collateral damage to a exceptable minimum.  To him, this war has been going into a direction that if left unchecked, will bring very much unwanted attention from the outside world.  The last thing they need is the UN or the Americans for that matter to come into the country to "restore order".  That in itself is bad for business, but for a man like himself, it would be almost certain death.  A death that he may actually welcome.

***more to come

Art Blade

enjoyable read... waiting for more  :-X

I was wondering how you manage to get those names right, I can simply copy paste "Addi Mbantuwe" from your script, but other than "sounds familiar" I'd not be able to recite more than a few first names of the buddies if the PC was shut off.

Do you use some kind of list to read them every once in a while? :)

PZ

Good one Phil-318,  as I was reading, I was dreaming of the day when you might write a script like this and some kind of editor or SDK would create the missions for your game.

Phil-318

Thanks PZ, this is just for fun though.  It would be nice to be able to sell the script somewhere, cause as you could imagine, with dialogue this would be so much longer.  I also started at one point working on ideas for HALO and Saint's Row.  But, I never had a forum before where I could show my ideas to someone without getting completely flamed. 

To Art Blade, I had troubles with the names at first.  But I looked them up from Gamefaqs.com for reference on spelling.  The hard part is actually keeping them faction specific.  You have no idea how many times I have had to go back through and make sure I kept the APR personnel with the APR and vice versa with UFLL.

PZ

Although the movie Blood Diamond is supposed to be related to FC2 somehow, it would be much more fun to have a "Tomb Raider" like movie illustrating the FC2 world and it's inhabitants.

retiredgord

Excellent read Phil-318.  Indeed as PZ said it would be interesting to see it expanded.  The names, the places, the missions are difficult for me to keep in order and I struggle when I do a mission..lots of stops and starts to write down some detail that will be of omportance later.
  Keep 'em coming.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

The interesting thing now as I play FC2 is that I know the map relatively well - well enough so that I almost don't need to refer to it - I know by where I am in the landscape as to which road I should take.  It is almost to the point of being in a familiar place (like my neighborhood) in which I just know where to go.  Also, keeping track of the people in the game also seems to be becoming easier - I know who I really dislike...  ;D

spaceboy

Quote from: Phil-318 on June 25, 2009, 03:08:39 PM
I never had a forum before where I could show my ideas to someone without getting completely flamed. 

That says alot about OWG and all of its members.  I think it's safe to say we're all glad you decided to share your talent here.  I keep checking waiting for the next installment.  I said it before - it really is a good read.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Phil-318

Marty leaves the town square area of Pala and gets into his Jeep.  Several of the town mercs exchange looks with him, some with respect and many with distain.  Lord knows how many of their friends that Marty has put in the ground within the last month.  Too many to count.  As he puts the SUV in drive, he heads eastbound out of town towards the mountains.  He thinks to himself, "Unless the UFLL has changed things around, there shouldn't be more than two checkpoints between him and the Undertakers business.  Both of which shouldn't be a problem with a combination of shots from his Dart Rifle with neurotoxin darts and clean-up w@&k with his modified AR-15.  Both of which have proven most invaluable to him recently.

When he first entered the country, all that he had was a machete for the bush, and a small 9 millimeter Makarov handgun, both of which meant nothing when the fight broke out in Pala.  "A 9 mm against shotguns and automatic rifles?  There is no contest." 

As he approached a blind turn in the winding road, he remembered where he was and the checkpoint that was located about 120 meters away.  He pulled the vehicle off of the road and parked it in the bush, and using several leaves and branches he concealed the Jeep from any patrol that might creep by.  Crawling across the jungle floor was never a favorite of his, but if it meant keeping your face from being turned inside out by a emplaced .30 cal, it was worth it.  Coming to within 30 yards of the checkpoint, a quick recon showed that there were four guards on duty at the time.  If Marty's memory served him correctly, they would change out guards about every six hours.  After checking his watch, he sees that he has about two hours to either sneak by both this post and the next post before anyone would notice.  That wasn't even counting any patrols that might happen by. 

His thought process was then interrupted by the sound of footsteps moving towards him through the jungle underbrush.  The footsteps continued to come closer and closer till finally they stopped about 4 yards to his right.  Slow to turn his head, Marty glanced in that direction to see a pair of black combat boots facing away from him.  Then the sound of splattering liquid to dirt, as the merc wearing the boots just happened to choose that particular spot to relieve himself.  Too bad for him, Marty thinks to himself, as he begins to slowly remove his dart rifle from his back.  After loading a dart, he raises himself to a low crouch position.  Aiming the rifle at the back of the mercs neck, just to the right of the spine, he takes a quick look at the checkpoint to make sure that none of his friends are watching.  When none are, Marty gently squeezes the trigger and after a light pop the merc hits the ground.  Ironically, face down in his own urine.  Marty, quickly and quietly puts the rifle to the ground and shoulders his AR, expecting to see several mercs moving his way.  Turning back to the post, he sees that no one even noticed his homicide.

He slowly moved back into a prone stance and reloaded his dart rifle.  "One more shot and the other two would be a piece of cake with the AR," he thinks to himself.  Crawling a few more yards to the checkpoint, he finds a small clearing in the bush to pick out his next target.  Using the scope of the rifle he scouts the three remaining guards and finds two of them inside a makeshift shelter playing a round of cards.  The third, and next dead man, was standing away from his comrades taking in a cigarette.  Another drag from the smoke and a squeeze of the trigger later the man hit the dirt.  The resulting thud of his limp body hitting the ground, roused his partners from their game, but their alarm wasn't quick enough.  Two three round bursts from Marty's AR to their heads, put them into permanent naps.

***more to come

Art Blade

Thanks for your reply regarding names. I can very well imagine the difficulties with who's who and whose side is he on ;D

I too want to comment on "getting flamed." I never noticed a single flame on the forum - we wouldn't tolerate that. I second spaceboy, we appreciate people sharing their ideas and stories and are happy about everyone who does. I want to thank you for entrusting us with your story :-X

Reading the last part of your script makes me remember the sensation and thrill you get when you're on your first playthrough in the game. The guard posts, patrols, a lone merc somewhere relieving himself and you notice you started grinning at the opportunity... :)

I notice you turned from metric to imperial. I myself keep having massive troubles with the imperial system (I'm German) and the only thing I can halfways manage is "miles" How come you can handle both? :)

Phil-318

Keep this in mind as you read this next entry, Art Blade.  I am an American, love my country, am one of millions that have been lied to by the previous puppet...mmm...I mean president.  I am no better than anyone in this world, nor will I ever try to portray myself that way.

The reason I say these things is because unlike about 90 percent of this country's population (including the Ivy League douches) I am educated.  I care about other peoples cultures and ideologies versus the idea that "the American way is the only right way". 

One of my hobbies is to learn about other people's cultures so that I have a better understanding.  Now to answer your question, I very much prefer the metric system because common sense should tell ya that it is more accurate than miles or inches.  Think of it like this, how would you rather measure a length of say...carpet. 

My country doesn't use the metric system because there are (seriously) too many people here who have a learning disability and don't want to convert.  We are not a Democracy, we are an Idiot-ocracy.

And now that I've read through this post, I realize that it has a confrontive tone to it.  I apologize for that, it was not intended.  I just get worked up about the morons in this country.

Art Blade

All I know is I hardly ever met a native English speaking person who uses the metric system. I too think the metric system is more accurate or precise and my example of choice would be "how tall is a man" - I always have trouble with that, apparently you can have someone that is x foot and y inches, but those inches leave room for a couple of centimetres, hence I get a more exact idea of how tall a man is when expressed in metre and centimetre.

I think that you found a proper spot on the net regarding other people's cultures -- OWG members are from all over the world, and occasionally we slip in this or that about it. Actually, I think my question about the metric system and your reply to it just proved that ;D

DKM2

Give Art a centimeter and he'll take a kilometer...
Just doesn't have the same ring to it.
:)
Anyways, I'm a little over 17 hands tall and within a couple of stones throw of the US.   :-*
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

deadman1

@ Art Blade
Here´s a quick reference that I use when converting between imperial and metric. it´s not precise but it gives you a rough estimate of distances and sizes. I´m swedish by the way so the metric system is natural to me.

1 inch = ~2,54 cm
1 foot = ~30 cm
1 yard = ~91 cm
1 mile = ~1600 m

@Phil-318
Excellent writing I really enjoy reading it :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳