Barrels of fun

Started by tehsam016, June 23, 2009, 09:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tehsam016

Today I was bored and having some trouble killing the king near the oasis. After loading back to my safe house for the 2nd time I stumbled across a little shack with 17 barrels in it. The pyro inside of me got the best of me as I patiently rolled em all into a big pile of barrely goodness. Alas after setting up all the barrels I thought the 1 grenade I had just wouldn't be satisfying. So I drove to the nearest gun shop to stock up on some IEDS. I drove back to the safe house with a lil resistance on the way, but managed to get back only to find my barrels had mysteriously gone back to the their original places as if they knew what I had in plan for them ;). It didn't bother me putting them back in place since I knew the result was gonna be even better. After putting them back in a big pile I placed 3 IEDS conveniently throughout the pile, and got my camera ready for the show :P.
Barrel Massacre

This is where it all went down:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

LOL you're a complete madman - excellent  :-X :-X :-X already worth an "applaud"  ;D

How much time did you spend putting them all there like a little army? :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

Not much time actually, maybe 10 minutes, you can actually kinda kick barrels and small stuff of the sort if you tap sprint while moving forward, kinda looks like your kicking em/they sometimes get a lil air =P. Thanks though, I just thought it was odd the devs put those there and not expect someone like me to come along (or maybe they did? who knows :P).

PZ

I like it - good job!  :-X

By the way, are these photos/videos of your TV when playing the game?

tehsam016

Hah yeah they are =P, what makes you ask sir?

PZ

Just curious - clever way to get media online from a console.  We've other console users that might get ideas from your technique, and at least one of our other members also has done similar.  :-X

Dweller_Benthos

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH that gave me a good laugh this morning. Thanks, I needed that.

What are all those barrels there for anyway? Convention in town or something? LOL

As far as getting media off a console, I'm not sure how those are configured, but I would imagine they must have audio/video outputs that use standard RCA plugs? If so, get a couple splitters at Radio Shack, and run one set of wires to the TV and another to a DVD/DVR or even a video capture device on your PC. It would probably be easiest to use a DVD recorder, that way you can just pop the DVD into your PC and edit from there.

You may not even need a splitter, just run the output of the console to the DVR/DVD then run the output of that to your TV. Anytime you want to record something, just hit the record button on the DVR and you're all set.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

That's a good technique - writable DVDs are so cheap these days that you could easily routinely record your session each time you played to catch that "FC2 moment"

Dweller_Benthos

Or use re-writables, that's what I used to do when copying stuff fromt he DVR to a DVD, then to the PC. Now I just use the vid cap on the PC.
D_B

PZ

Re-writables are an excellent idea - you still using Fraps for video?  I recently purchased a DVD recorder for my TV for only $89 - might get another one for the PS3 because I often have cool video I'd like to post.

JRD

Great vid tehsam016
Prepare a scenario and blow it up is one of my favourite hobbies (in virtual reality, that is  :P )
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

tehsam016

Thanks JRD, and i'm glad i'm not the only one =P. I think I may just have another idea for my next vid ;). Hint: It will involve lots of cars/barrels/and maybe a few unlucky mercs.  ;D

JRD

Quote from: tehsam016 on June 28, 2009, 09:11:16 AM
It will involve lots of cars/barrels/and maybe a few unlucky mercs.  ;D

I already have a beer on ice waiting to be popped as I watch your vid  ;)

tehsam016

As promised I present to you: Car Massacre

Couldn't manage to get any barrels in with this one, but got to round up a few propane tanks to join in on the action.

JRD

Hahaha... great one.... I like the jeep flying towards you... reminds me a convoy mission I did once, only the truck landed on me :P

Art Blade

hahaha! nice vid, and I was just thinking, here we sit and watch and laugh like kids with their favourite toys (only I didn't have hand grenads, then)  ;D

And yeah, JRD, yours was classic, "this is not going to... oh yes, it is" LOL

tehsam016, I love blowing stuff up myself. I know I used this pic already in other posts, but still...  ;)
[smg id=698]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

Very nice pic Art  8) I could only hope in the next FC theres more gore/limbs fly off so explosion pics could be even sweeter =P.

PZ

Quote from: tehsam016 on June 28, 2009, 09:58:33 AM
As promised I present to you: Car Massacre

Couldn't manage to get any barrels in with this one, but got to round up a few propane tanks to join in on the action.

That GP seems familiar - by any chance it is the med kit GP north of Weelegol and west of Taemoco mine?  Great explosions - I'm really into starting fires these days and am perfecting the flare gun technique to wipe out GPs.

tehsam016

Pretty sure it was that GP, I believe theres a safe house close by as well.

Dweller_Benthos

lol, I was fooling around after watching the merc war (again) and was collecting explosives for a giant boom. Parked a truck & datsun next to an ammo pile, loaded them both with IEDs and then went about gathering the flammable barrels that were laying around the cock fight area. I was kicking the second one towards my pile o' fun when everything just went up! I was knocked back and down to minimal health, which is surprising considering how much explosives were involved. I'm not sure if the barrel I was kicking just spontaneously exploded or if I accidentally hit the button on the IED remote.

Need to do a little testing to see how much kicking those barrels can take before they blow, that's the second time I've had something explode on me just by kicking it. The first was a small propane tank.
D_B

tehsam016

Propane tanks are more prone to explode with semi-heavy impacts againsts other objects so it doesn't surprise me those have blown up on you, but i'm not sure about the barrel.

Art Blade

I think maybe you crushed a small tank that was behind your barrel and out of your sight, the small one exploding and taking everything around with it?

PZ

lol, that must have shaken you out of your chair, D_B!  ;D

Art Blade

LOL! if he's on a "phat" 5.1 surround... don't remember if he mentioned that... D_B? Headphones, speakers...? :)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, 5.1 sound and it was a bit of a shock, let me tell you! Big fireball in the face, and no god mode to protect me.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳