New twist on the barge mission

Started by PZ, June 21, 2009, 09:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

After the fiasco at Mike's Leboa where all my buddies were killed and the Jackal pulled the rebar out of my leg, Greaves told me to go north to kill Kouassi at the troop rally.  Going north, I stopped by the armory to re-equip and then headed off-road north to the GP where I stole a Unimog - then completed the mission to kill Kouassi. (Did that one with only the flare gun/fires).  Then, meeting with Greaves in Sefapane and receiving the mission to meet the barge skipper, I decided to embrace immersion a bit more.

Still driving the Unimog I stole in Leboa, I drove to Port Selao and parked my rig at the bus stop, then swam to the island meeting with the barge skipper - Marty.  Heading north, we eventually reached port where I found my trusty (and now rusty) Uni waiting for me just where I left it - then embarked on a series of other missions.

The fun part for this play through is keeping the vehicle as long as possible (like Art recommended long ago).  There is something comfortable and familiar with doing so, and it is relatively easy to keep it even when doing a wide variety of missions.  For instance, I was at Mike's Bowa and needed to do a mission at the Taemoco Mine - rode the bus to the southwest stop and walked overland toward the mind - took no more time than if I had driven the buggy on the roads.  Also, no roving patrols to annoy me.  As long as you walk, you can ride the bus back to your original station and pick up your vehicle again.  Lots of fun...

Art Blade

thank you for the nice story and for proving the concept "ownership" (of a vehicle, it stays yours as long as you don't use any other) works on that barge mission. :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

My pleasure - I really like using that concept because you really fell like you can "own" the vehicle.  On the down side, it hurts when an RPG takes it out!   ;)

Art Blade

then again, you keep remembering that RPG position to avoid getting blown up next time around, and it is very satisfying to snipe that ba$t@rd before he gets your car  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Truly - sometimes I am traveling too fast to notice exactly where I am - my fault entirely, but I still lament losing my ride!

Tags:
🡱 🡳