Literal Music Videos

Started by Fiach, June 21, 2009, 04:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Ever looked at a music video and muttered to yourself ....wtf is that about, as a bizarre and seemingly unrelated string of images parade across the TV screen, sneering petulantly at your stupidity for ..... NOT GETTING IT!!!!

Wouldnt it be much better if the images actually reflected the words being sung, as opposed to a power struugle between the lyricist, the singer and the video directors dog?

These kind people have reverse-engineered some classic songs for your delectation, stating of with the immortal White Wedding by Billy Idol :

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f3ef6b6667/white-wedding-literal-video-version
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

spaceboy

pretty funny Fiach.  Thanks for sharing that.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahchçhvh auh1y

OK, I'm quite late, but I'm catching up with OWG after a few weeks, so gimme a break  ;)

Excellent vid Fiach...
Amazing how the voice really resembles Billy Idol's
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Fiach

Yeah I was very impressed with the perfect vocals :)

Binnatics

I like the: "I want my moneyYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!" :laugh: :laugh: :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Is it really the same vid as posted back then? Looks like a stupid nonsense video. I am no Billy fan so I don't know if it really is related, can anyone please check and confirm?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Not quite sure what you mean Art, the video is the official single release video (I have it on VHS), The vocals are new and over dubbed onto the video.

Funnily enough I was trying to find this video for a friend a couple of weeks ago and forgot I posted it here, so now I can send him a link, cheers!  :-X :)

Art Blade

when I click it, I get to see two blokes in a flat, one having trouble with his landlord (which is a probably 3-year-old girl with an alcohol problem) -- is that the one?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

no mate, its a video of a wedding, church, coffin with nails being hammered into the lid and girls wiggling their bums at the camera....christ i would hate to live in germany lol :)

Art Blade

hehe, Fiach :)

However, the Dutch see the same.. I can relate that quote to the vid I get to see.
Quote from: Binnatics on March 09, 2013, 04:45:09 PMI like the: "I want my moneyYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!" :laugh: :laugh: :-X

Fiach

Ah, OK, well basically its Billy Idols White Wedding, but while it retains the music, the vocals are totally changed to describe whats happening in the video :

Hey look at me I wrapped up my head
Here's how I get it slowly all undone
Big Candlabra I am shirtless now
'cept for my necklace and a leather glove
hey do you smell my bad breath
He's a doctor who can...raise the dead
It's a good time for my cool glove
If you stay here I will...check you out

Open the doors and let the fog in
Here comes the bride but who's the other one
Some of my friends are gothic
Some of my friends are New Wave
Some of my friends are Straight Edge
I'm gonna cut you with a
Wedding Ring
Come on now, its a Nice touch for a
Goth wedding
And my hair needs to be...Bleached again

Grab the Butt! Standing by candles

She will dance inside the kitchen baby
There is nothing safe in this room
And the sink is also not working
And theres stuff blowing up everywhere
Cos theres something wrong with this room
Pirouette!
Come on! Shes a white bride at a goth wedding

Now I'll tap my foot in
Leather Pants!
Now its time to
Go outside!
Now its screen black
And fade to white...

So, if you can find the official video, just read these words as Billy sings, it will make more sense :)

Art Blade

thank you, haha, that must be hilarious watching it while listening to those "lyrics"  :)

Binnatics

I wish you could see what we see in that video. It's hilarious, but has nothing to do with girls shaking bums or Billy Idol. It's like Art describes. That's just really weird.

Check this link; The Landlord ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Fiach

Thats pretty awesome! I have heard of Will ferrell but, I dont think I've seen him before, the girl was great too, thanks for the linkage :)  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳