Bug: can't get into underground house...

Started by PZ, June 18, 2009, 09:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

... to complete the mission.

I received a mission to go to the veterinarian to pick up my malaria pills.  The underground house is near the water, and if you approach from the road, you have a high sniper position from which to attack.  When I peered down my scope, the mercs were all standing transfixed - they didn't move a muscle.  I killed them all (5 total) but the interact icon did not appear.  So, I left the area and allowed it to spawn - killed the same 5 guys and still no go.  Went the other way and attacked a GP, then returned to kill the same 5 guys - now the "Underground house unlocked" message appeared.  This was only the second time this has happened to me, and both times I had to leave to let the area spawn.  My advice: if this happens to you, keep trying, it should w@&k eventually, but you might need to go far, do another mission, or something else to hopefully get the program to respond correctly.

Calibra88

Yes all of the above is true.
Also please note that on some of the places you'll need to kill the patrol too.

Art Blade

cheers for that tip, Calibra88, and welcome to the forums :) 
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed Calibra88, this was an underground house with a roving Datsun patrol - never thought that he would need to be killed as well!  Thanks and welcome to OWG.

Tags:
🡱 🡳