The latest trailer as of 6-17-09

Started by PZ, June 17, 2009, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

The graphics look great and this one might have great potential.  June 30th is the latest release date!
[smg id=824 type=av]

Art Blade

looks good... I wonder if there is anything like roaming the world involved or straight missions with one solution only. Anyone knows? (Sorry if I missed something).
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

We'll soon find out. Your vid says 3rd July, mine says this June LOL  ;D
[smg id=825 type=av]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

This looks like it has the best shot at being my next game.the western theme isn't my favouite, but most of the other elements im looking for..open world/ men with guns/ potential for some site seeing when not in a gun fight/. Anyone know if it has a quicksave/load, or is it the damned checkpoint system like in FC1?
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I don't know about quick saves, but as to open world, I believe that I read somewhere that it is not a true open world game.  While some roaming is reputed to be available, it is probably not like what we experience in FC2  :-\

PZ

Well, first they claimed June 10th, then June 30th, and now something about July - who knows!  ::)

tehsam016

Dont mean to be "that guy" but shouldn't you guys have a Red Dead Redemption forum as well since Call of juarez isn't true free roaming?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D8hj2xFidg

Sorry bout the non-embedded-ness, not quite sure how to do youtube videos yet on here.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/callofjuarezboundinblood/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-48645753&pid=955867

QuoteIt is NOT free roaming. If your expecting a Free Roaming game you are going to be very dissapointing you still go from one level to the next.

What it is though is very wide open. Which means you can do a lot fo exploring on each level.

Also you can choose which character you want to play as before every mission which will while the one you do not choose will tag along as your partner. Thomas is a good long range sharp shooter, while Ray is very good up close with his dual revolvers.

So even though we all wish it was free roaming the wide open levels, and the ability to choose which character you want to play as before each mission will certainly add a lot of depth and replay value to the game.

PZ

Yes, we probably will have a Red Redemption forum as the release date nears (that's a game that I'm really interested in as well).  In fact, we will add new game boards as enough of our members show interest, and delete the older ones that don't have much in the way of visits off of the main menus.

As a general statement, if anyone wants to see a set of boards developed for another game, let us know and we'll do our best to see that it becomes developed.

Ricamundo

Looks like RDR is third person, so that's me out.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

tehsam016

Meh I think more good third person  games come out as opposed to first person (cause theres so many of em). It's deff harder to develop third person games since you get to see everything around you including your character, so you have to make sure every animation is spot on, and rockstar rarely fails at third person (Max payne,GTA, etc.)

Tags:
🡱 🡳