Barge Guard 101

Started by retiredgord, June 11, 2009, 10:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

So I get the message to go Sefapane and see the new boss.  When I enter the room they see "Sucker" printed on my forehead and decide to use me to guard a barge of weapons going over to Selao. Sucker accepts and grabs a swamp boat over to this island dock to meet the captain.  I get there and meet Xinayong.  He must be angry at being called for anything by alphabetical order for first names as he has ATTITUDE. He tells me simply to guard the barge and fix anything mechanical as he drives.
   Simple I thought..simple I am.  The next phase is really jumbled in my mind as as soon as we got underway I ran to the bow just in time to see nogoods intent on illwill towards us folks.  I sniped two on the left and M/gunned another. Rounds had started coming in from the right and I sprayed that area and lobbed a 'nade at'em. " Art sends his regards..he loves 'nades" I yelled.  Now grenade rounds are landing near the barge  and one hits and knocks out the engine.  Too busy to be a mechanic.  I get some shots off to kill the gunner on a boat out aways. Then the pilot and a the same for a second boat.
  Merc poop..there's another coming and now some rectal orifice is shooting rockets  at us. Three rounds later and he's down his toilet.  Then the last boat?  Ahhh c'mon.  There's more?
  The front looks clear but now we're taking damage from the stern and I hafta run back to clear our six.. I read that in  Mercs a Plenty  magaizine at some time but I digress. So as I run back I grab a rocket launcher..Carl G, I think and send a round with what looked like perfect timing (but just shithouse luck) at two boats near enough to get one and it blows up the other.  Now the waters are calm and we arrive at the dock.
  X (too long writing out his name) tells me to go warn the doc of incoming casaulties as this is gonna end the peace.
  I warn him and  I hafta get out of Selao. This Marty guy tells me to use the back and I do so but still have a running gunfight to clear town.  My phone rings and I'm to motor over to the Marina and help X out. I grab a boat and motor over and down the channel  and start sniping mercs left and right and middle..you get the idea.  When all was quiet I went up got thanked and was told he'd sink the barge and then be at Mike's.  I went ashore and was so angry and frustrated that when some wounded merc shot at me with a pistol..I blew his head off with a long burst from Peter.  I did feel better. 
  Gee I hope I did'nt miss to much of the story but I was kinda busy.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

feels like sitting on your shoulder while you were busy doing that mission  ;D :-X Have to do something to lower my heart rate now  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yeah, good story - consider using the GL on the bow the next time through - you can 'nade the mercs on the left, then the ones on the right, and then focus on the RPG sniper and the mortar sniper.  Using the GL, you can actually get across the lake (with luck) and never need to repair the barge engine!

retiredgord

Thanks PZ for that method.  I'll remember when I go thru the third time.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳