Makumba Has to Die

Started by retiredgord, June 10, 2009, 08:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

I've tried hard to forget what that "person" did to me and my buddies. It's difficult even though the memories were somewhat jumbled.
  I remember the decision to support my buddies at Mike's. The firefight that ensued, my blacking out, coming to for a brief moment  and looking into dead eyes just before I fell off the truck carrying who knows how many others.
  The crawl through the sandstorm and seeing the outline of a shelter before blacking out again.  Awakening to The Jackal rambling on and then he disappearing just before  Voorhees came in the door. Voorhess stated that I had been set up and that I should go back to kill that Gakumba b**tard. That thought had already been set in my mind.
I rested and got a loadout of a pistol, Ak47 and a rusty, wobbly big-tube thing laughingly called a mortar. So equipped and with the storm having abated I went outside and grabbed an Assault Truck to start my journey.
As I drove out I encountered two mercs that "loaned" me a .50 cal vehicle and I used it to go up and cross over to the North.  I stopped and rested at the Safehouse and got ready to have a get together with my former employer.
  I drove North on the road heading toward the rallying point at a slow speed.  As I got near I could hear loud-mouth spouting his verbal garbage and knew for certain it was time for him to go green. Unfortunately some of his troops had been stationed a fair distance and spotted me. There was a short firefight and then a lull. Not wanting to waste a good opportunity I got a spot just to the side of a hillock and lobbed a mortar round towards the vehicles I could see in the distance. The first fell near enough to blow some vehicles and the silence was golden, as they say.
That had attracted more attention and I did a running gunbattle heading North and to the West.  That shook off some pursuers until I could set up and lob another round, just before that tube had 3 openings instead of two.  Another short gunbattle and there seemed to be no more mercs so I worked my way north and along the high ground.
  A few bullets came my way but no automatic fire.  As I crept along behind the sandbags I located the position the shots were coming from and tried to come in from the West and behind.
  Ho ho, I'll be damned if wasn't HIMSELF there all by his lonesome. He shot at me and I took some rounds.  It was then that I got closer and unloaded half a mag into his very surprised face and then watched him collapse ito a heap of future compost.
  Mission done and time to go and rest.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

hehe, that poor ba$t@rd got "gorded"  ;D ;D ;D :-X :-X

Very nice story, and again, I enjoyed your writing style. Always slaps a smile on my face in anticipation of what you're on about before I even have started to read :) I need more  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, I agree... I liked the part where the mercs "loaned" you their AT!  :-X

JRD

Great story Gord.. I like the pace of your writing  :-X
Keep them coming

on a sidenote: don't want to be the jack @ss guy... but isn't it Gakumba, with a "G"?. Funny because Macumba, in Portuguese means "black magic"  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on June 11, 2009, 11:04:59 AMMacumba, in Portuguese means "black magic"  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The advantages of Multi-Nations membership here  :-X nice info, JRD  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

How could you live all those years NOT knowing that??  ;D ;D

retiredgord

Yep..probably is G.  I write fast and hard.  Anyway I'm glad you're enjoying the stories.  I'll watch the spelling.

PZ

Heck, it really doesn't matter - we all knew what you meant, Gord!   :-X

Art Blade

I used to know, but I forgot.  ;D

JRD

Quote from: PZ on June 11, 2009, 07:15:06 PM
Heck, it really doesn't matter - we all knew what you meant, Gord!   :-X

Hell yeah... call him gakumba, makumba. pabumba frapumba,,, whatever... just shoot the ba$t@rd!! ;D ;D ;D

retiredgord

JRD and Art..you both taught me the value of blowing these guys away..with great prejudice.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 11, 2009, 08:03:24 PM
I used to know, but I forgot.  ;D

That old age catching up with you, Art?  ;D

Art Blade

<chuckle>  couldn't help but slip in that line, then  ;D

Ah, the nurse is coming... have to hide the booze and the smokes or she'll leave cleaning the jerry to me, again!

Tags:
🡱 🡳