Killing Gakumba at the troop rally...

Started by PZ, June 10, 2009, 08:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

A new way to do the first mission when entering Bowa-Seko - kill the faction leader at the troop rally in southern Leboa.

My usual method is to sneak in with the dart rifle from the sandbag position above where the faction leader is standing on the rail car.  I was careless this time, and the mercs were on mild alert, but I did not hear the speech so Gakumba must have been alerted (they blend into the crowd if they notice your presence).  Because I had a completely silent load out (MP5, flare, dart) they didn't exactly know where I was so I launched 5-6 flares into the crowded area, starting fires which were then continued by the flammables present.  I was standing there wondering what to do when the "Mission completed" message appeared - "cool", I thought... the fires had killed the faction leader and I was done.

The moral of the story is that you never know when and how a different technique will come in handy!

DKM2

Can't have a rally without a BBQ.   :-X
I think I've done it this way from day one, always fun.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

lol, so true... who'd come a rally without the promise of a BBQ!

I'm really liking starting fires these days... my new load out perfectly suits my needs, and I become excited when I see lots of dry grass.  :-X

Foghorn Leghorn

Art Blade

if you want a real blaze with a single shot, go to the PO in Bowa. Near to the grounded sniper, next to the garage opening to the left, is a small plastic fuel canister (a jerry can... not mine, though  ;) ) If you shoot that, it will start a series of fires that set off the big tank next to the sniper, the ammo crate, a few of those welding tanks, the petrol pumps, and whatnot. Incredible. The rest is up to you and your pyrotech loadout  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I love the post office for fires, but I usually take out the sniper on the ground with a dart, and then climb onto the roof of the flat building where the diamond is found.  Starting fires from that perch is easy, and I usually wait until there is a good collection of mercs below me before I start.  I've not used my latest load out there though, and will try your method the next time through!   :-X

Art Blade

yeah, the jerry can is at the front of the diamond house (I remembered it as "garage")
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Phil-318

The way I've always done this mission is to take the dart rifle and from the safehouse on the lake, make your way to a kind of rock formation/hill between the lake and your mark.  When you scope in, all you can really see is your mark's head moving side to side and if you time it right, you can get the "one shot, one kill" right there.  Without having to deal with the mercs roaming the area.  Fun stuff.  Actually, I think that I have played Hitman:  Blood Money too much.
"No...No...I just want to go home.  I don't want to die.  I just want to go home."

PZ

Thanks for the tip Phil-318 - I tend to get stuck in a rut at times and do the mission the same in subsequent plays through - this is a new one that I'd like to try!   :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: Phil-318 on June 26, 2009, 04:16:38 PMActually, I think that I have played Hitman:  Blood Money too much.

Me too, now that you mention it, perhaps that's the reason I prefer stealth over assault :)

JRD

Quote from: Phil-318 on June 26, 2009, 04:16:38 PM
you can get the "one shot, one kill" right there.  Without having to deal with the mercs roaming the area.

That's how I like to do it too... I actually wrote an article about that mission... one bullet and nothing else  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Just for kicks, I loaded a save where I killed Kouassi at the troop rally, I used nothing but the flare gun to start fires until I received the "Mission completed" message.  Was lots of fun, but I still need to do the approach from the west side rather than from the hilltop on the east.

Foghorn Leghorn

Quote from: PZ on June 28, 2009, 02:40:37 PM
Just for kicks, I loaded a save where I killed Kouassi at the troop rally, I used nothing but the flare gun to start fires until I received the "Mission completed" message.  Was lots of fun, but I still need to do the approach from the west side rather than from the hilltop on the east.

I just completed this mission from the West side.  It was hilarious to watch from far away as a swarm of APR guys made their way across the open field like a bunch of little ants after one of their buddies took one right in the eye.

Plus, I found a diamond that I'd never found before, so it was a nice little bonus!   8)

PZ

Good one - can't wait to try it this play through - I'm also doing missions completely differently this time and finding diamonds, safe houses, and other areas that I've never seen before.

KillerZ

I used the mortar and the dragunov when I killed Gakumba at the troop rally.  Dropped a round of 3 mortars into the troop rally, got the mission completed message.  I was on the hill to the west of the rally in the open field.  The remaining mercs started to come after me, loaded up the dragunov, blew the first guys leg off and all the rest of them went to help.  Was like shooting fish in a bucket.  However, instead of head shots all around, I kept wounding them.  I musta had 8 guys lying in a pile.  I never finished them though, I just walked away and left them there the way they left me...  Revenge is a dish best served cold.

PZ

Great story KillerZ - enjoyed it quite a bit and I must admit that I need to practice with the mortar.  :-X

JRD

Quote from: KillerZ on July 21, 2009, 09:13:49 PM
... instead of head shots all around, I kept wounding them.  I musta had 8 guys lying in a pile.  I never finished them though, I just walked away and left them there the way they left me...  Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Thats one of my favourite hobbies in FC2  ;D ;D ;D

You can do the same at the northern airfield from the sniper tower... sweet  ;D ;D ;D

However, I like to walk in and finish them one by one with the machete

<evil laugh> huahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahua
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I don't wound mercs often. Sometimes though, when I'm in an evil mood, I pile them up wounded, walk away a few steps, shout "catch," lob over a live hand grenade and turn around again. On my leaving the area, I hear the mercs cheer when the gren goes off ;D ;D ;D

KillerZ

I was just thinking as I reread my post that I shoulda walked up with a MAC 10 or an Uzi and just sprayed the lot...  Mebbe even a PKM or SAW....   

RedRaven

now thats a Bold move !
dont think would risk it on Infamous difficulty as reckon it would hurt just a little!!!
My usual approach is exactly same as Phil-318.

then get back in my vehicle and speed away chuckling
can just picture the mercs who were there looking around in confusion looking for a sniper who is no longer there, even more fun if you sleep till night then do :-X

its almost like being a real Hitman!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳