HARDER =BETTER

Started by RedRaven, June 04, 2009, 08:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

started playing on normal difficulty, finished the story at a pleasent rate, 2nd time Hardcore, thats been cool for a while, little bit more challanging than normal.
Last Night / Today started on Infamous level
F£$%&!&%$£K MEEEEE.

much much more challanging, and less ammo/meds/grenades at hand, playing thru with no cheats just basic game, intel and DLC updates and 1.03 patch,

its all been ok untill now - tutorial mission to clear out Slaughter house and rescue first buddy.

6 Deaths so far 6!

didnt die that many times doing the whole game on normal.

might have to forget keeping 100% accuracy on this level.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Foghorn Leghorn

Wait'll you get to Port Selao....   ;D

JRD

spaceboy said they shoot poisonous bullets on infamous  :o

Never tried infamous, maybe next playthrough!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Those bullets on infamous might as well be grenades, they're so lethal - still have not mastered that level yet.

Art Blade

I don't think I have the stomach for a complete walkthrough  on hardcore. Just tried a little, and indeed, a whole collection of four-letter-words spring to mind  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Foghorn Leghorn

Quote from: JRD on June 04, 2009, 09:17:25 AM

No poisonous bullets, but my first playthrough I died more times than Corey Feldman's career!   :'(

spaceboy

Quote from: Foghorn Leghorn on June 05, 2009, 04:19:37 AM
Quote from: JRD on June 04, 2009, 09:17:25 AM

No poisonous bullets, but my first playthrough I died more times than Corey Feldman's career!   :'(

good one about Corey Feldmen.   To clarify, I was JOKING about poisonous bullets - that they must be poisonous because it only took a couple to kill me as opposed to Normal when you can take a few to the chest.

I just don't have the skills (or patience) for infamous.  I applaud you guys that can progress on that level.

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

RedRaven

it may well be Harder but its oh so very satisfying to take out all 4 weapons convoys (2 x Assault Trucks, 1 x Big Truck, 5 enemy mercs) with nothing but a Pistol and Machete :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Now, that's what I call infamous, dke!   :-X

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on June 14, 2009, 06:39:32 AM
it may well be Harder but its oh so very satisfying to take out all 4 weapons convoys (2 x Assault Trucks, 1 x Big Truck, 5 enemy mercs) with nothing but a Pistol and Machete :-X

you are my hero dke58... Braddock style  :-X :-X

RedRaven

now i'm finding that it works just as well as BETTER = HARDER . spent a few days enjoying the much superior graphics capabilities in my system, all groovy. but never before was i jumping at shadows and mistaking far distant foliage for enemy mercs!
  having all the graphics options at max is more than a bit distracting at times. consequently its added yet another side to the game where having to filter out moving shadows, noisy wildlife etc. keep getting distracted by pretty sights. actually got shot twice in the back last night! still hurts

Braddock ? not familiar with the name.

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on July 10, 2009, 07:13:05 AM
Braddock ? not familiar with the name.

WHAT? Not familiar with Braddock, the super commando? Be careful with what you say son... HE is always listening.
Sometimes I feel like I'm doing the same myself while playing FC2  8)

[smg id=1001 type=av]

On a side note... that's gallery item n° 1001... so you were right dke  ;)

RedRaven

ahhh, not a fan of the Chuckster, got to be Clint or Arnie for me ( Conan was so so good, and Sly Stalone sucks eggs ). and , well , Clint is Clint, on a horse, back of a Sherman tank or driving with primates he is one of best actors of his generation, and the two films to do with Iwo Jima he directed are good slices of cinema , specialy as far films have near enough all been done before. looking forward to see Gran Torino, looks gritty.

JRD

I agree with you Clint rocks  :-X

Those two films about Iwo Jima was fantastic... excellent war movies focused on soldiers (Letters from Iwo jima) and backstage politics (Flags from our fathers) rathar than just special FX and dumb stories.

Stallone sucks, agree too... Arnie is a great "actor"... love those Terminator movies (except T3) and Conan was just beautyful  ;D ;D

But Chuckie Norris is so cheesy that it becomes good  ;D.
I can't help but laugh at his faces... see how the vietcongs are laughin before being shot...   :P

hahahahahahahahauhauahusahuahfsdhfpusohg

RedRaven

my son told me about a web site somewhere full of Chuck Norris facts, but its all silly stuff and spoof info. he is back home tommorrow so will find out what its called for you, he likes a bit of Chucks Cheese factor.

have you seen newest Terminator flick ? good and entertaining, who could of guessed Batman is Conners dad :-\

JRD

I know that CN facts webpage... silly indeed... but some of his old movies are funny to watch. He once did a final fight against Bruce Lee at the Coliseum!! That's a classic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLO1YIWQuXE

Haven't seen new terminator yet... too busy gaming  ;D

PZ

Stallone has a face reminiscent of one of Madame Tussaud's wax figures that has been exposed to high heat ...  ;)

... and what's worse for his father, he looks exactly like his mother.  Put lipstick on Stallone and voila, you have mom!

Art Blade

EEeeeewwwwww! Yuck! Did she w@&k out too? Maybe he's using her army clothes!
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, she looked like what her son would look like in drag, complete with the twisted sneering speech impediment.   ;D

JRD

One word... Rambotox   ;D ;D ;D

PZ

tehsam016

A lil off subject, but I think it's hilarious =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fp67geuhJM

"Alright ROCKOO! Alright SLY!"

JRD

Great one tehsam016

Good days when I could stand Eddie Murphy.....  :-X

Art Blade

You shouldn't have posted that. Because I was completely unaware that Eddie was a comedian with his own show. So I had some catching up to do... until I was fed up, too  ;D I only knew him from a couple of movies, dubbed, mostly. Not too long ago I got some 1980s movies with him and heard his original voice for the first time. And now the shows on youtube. Most of what I saw was either about him going on about the "F"-thing or how he had a tough childhood. I'm exhausted now LOL enough for the next couple of decades. But thanks for the eddiecation ;)

JRD

Shrek's Donkey, Art... it's one of the funniest voice over he did recently...  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳