The Crash site

Started by JRD, June 03, 2009, 11:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

I did the mission where you have to get the fuse from the Crash Site yesterday and could clean the area from the rocks where the glider is, close to the safe house.
Shot 2 / 3 snipers and most of the mercs. Was so proud (the place is always troublesome) I decided to come back latter and do a "Raid the Crash Site" post with nice screenshots... I only forgot to call the mercs... THE PLACE WS EMPTY!!!!!!!!! Frustrating  :(
No mercs, nobody there... no snipers... nothing... I walked there for a few minutes to be sure... and nobody was there... felt like the Northern Airfield. After you do the defoliant mission, the place gets deserted... same for the Cash site!!
Anybody else noticed that, or am I delusional?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

when i went thru that area on same mission almost got finished of , so when i needed to pass by it again made sure was fully tooled up, ready for them this time. and got some as you DESERTED
needless to say took a HUGE sigh of relief, found a good rock to perch on and enjoyed sunrise.

goes to show just how diverse FC2 is, cos our experinces with that mission and site couldnt really be any more different.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

retiredgord

I'm wondering if after you do a mission for those particulars spots whether the programme "marks" them as done and no need to waste resources there. The sites of missions done seem always to be low AI or none at all.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

I agree with all of you :)

Retiregord, you could look at it the other way round: Places are low on mercs or empty, unless, during a special mission, they are needed.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Don't think so.
More than once I've been shot at by the sniper at the crash site while fooling around at the armory NE of Bowa. Climbing the building through the rocks on the back to snipe the mercs on the gren truck!!!
No mission at the CS, but there were snipers!!!

I really think the place is like the Northern Airfield, once you do the missions assigned to that place, it gets deserted!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

The only time the crash site is filled with mercs in my experience has been during the "get the fuse" mission.

Do you enter the crash site via the foot path (entering the area from the south) near the spot in the road where there is a large puddle?  If you sneak up onto the ledge where one of the sniper resides, it is usually relatively easy to take out the others, and then w@&k on the lone survivors.  Grenades and Molotovs keep the mercs busy while you take out the snipers.

Tags:
🡱 🡳