How about the actual Dogon village...

Started by PZ, March 13, 2009, 10:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I stumbled on this travel blog that has a series of photos of the actual Dogon village in South Africa - brings back memories of all the times I've been there.  Just one more reminder of how realistic Far Cry 2 has been for me!

http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/1326709.html

JRD

I can't see the mortar guy in the photos!!!
Without shells falling from the sky it doesn't look like the same place!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

incredible.  Props to UBI on the graphics.  One look at those pics and I got the same feeling of a mission going in there..."Oh, crap" that place kicks my butt in FC2.  One time I was doing my best sneaking, it was pouring rain in the middle of the night and I was kind of under/behind a hut and I couldn't move for like 3 minutes.  I knew my stealth was going to end soon, and it did.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I agree spaceboy - the Dogon village had me saying more than once:  "... that dogon village..."  My routing now is to kill the mortar sniper first thing and then if the rest of the AI are alerted, retreat up the path towards the glider.  You can even continue east past the walk way to the glider and hit the AI from behind so to speak.  (I hate those d**** mortar guys too jrderntl...)

Dweller_Benthos

Wow, that is exactly like it, pretty good job there.

Definitely the trick to doing anything at Dogon is to get up high as quick as possible, so you can shoot down on people, then do what you need to do. I've even parked outside the village with the grenade truck and just let loose for 5 minutes of constant barrage only stopping long enough to let the gun cool down, then wander in and mop up.

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

That reminds me of the first time I stole a grenade truck and drove it north - I obtained the truck at the weapons shop in northeast Bowa (you know the one) and then started driving it east.  Well, I had to go through the Dogon village, and because I had my handy-dandy grenade truck, the rest is history...

Tags:
🡱 🡳