Dogon Village, Kiln mission. In and out, no one killed

Started by Art Blade, November 29, 2009, 08:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

It has been a while, but that was memorable. I had taken on the "destroy the kiln at Dogon Village" mission (besides, the buddy mission doesn't change that) and went in from Sefapane at night. I parked my car in the street behind a bend, crouched all the way into Dogon, always keeping to the east of the map. I reached the kiln, shot the welding tanks and, by that, blew the kiln up. So far, I went in and around undetected, and my expectation was that at least after the explosion the entire village would come after me, but no  ::) On my way back I saw the mortar merc and I briefly mused about whether or not to take him out, but I let him live. So I snuck back, reached my car, and left the area. Apart from shooting the flammables, no shots fired! Never thought it possible :)

Oh by the way, as memorable, I've managed to get 43/40 side missions shortly before the kiln mission, and Frank's history (best buddy) now is at 28  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

cheers :)

Just now I had to complete an underground mission near Post Office, and those mercs made me chuckle. I was quite a bit away and shot the mercs "guarding" the underground location with my dart. I missed, and from afar, I could see that merc turn his head and hear him exclaim "bloody hell, it's him!" - I couldn't aim straight for the next couple of minutes  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

mandru

Cool story Art, though I'm more the type that shoots everyone except the chickens when taking out the Dogon village. I take flair points off my performance evaluation if I hurt a chicken.

Oh and yeah, I have a spot where I can always dart the mortar man before he can alert the town something's up and that buys me the time I need to take up my favorite roof top position to bring down the terror.  8)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

hehe, usually I can't bear it, leaving a merc behind -- alive. Usually I play in plain daylight so I can see the beauty of the country and admire the death moves of the mercs. And I kill chickens. Especially chickens. Those beasts are actually quite hard to hit with a bullet, so when I kill animals I don't use explosives. I use bullets, for the sportive aspect of it.  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳