Merc War - Mercs vs Mercs, real firefight <incl savegame>

Started by Art Blade, June 02, 2009, 01:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Download MercWars: There are two downloads. Without using any cheats (MercWar 2) and the other one you should use with ignoreplayer cheat (MercWar Rev.1) Please read the readme / description

Merc wars can be started using consoles, it is NOT limited to PCs

By the way, those savegames are without DLC, so anyone can use the savegames (doesn't matter if you have DLC or not).

We have posts and vids on this site that deal with "mercs shooting mercs" but as far as I've seen those, they only shot themselves accidently (if otherwise, please tell us your stories) while trying to shoot the player (ie got in the way).

I've never seen anything different happen myself until today, as I witnessed a real firefight and chase between mercs! I have to add, that I used the IgnorePlayer cheat. But I also have to add, that it never made mercs shoot mercs deliberately, until today.

I drove around in the northern part, and reached Cock Fights from the eastern entrance. I didn't use the road though, but more by accident followed that small path with my car. The same path you have to take in the tutorial, I think when you start in the Slaughter House, when you have to explore another camp for your first rescue mission.

That path happens to end on higher ground, and I happened to carry IEDs with me, so I thought, well, they don't see you, but they might want to check THIS and set off the explosive.

Indeed, the first reactions "did you catch that?!" "I'm looking, I'm looking" and "Let's check it out" hahah. I snuck around not to make any noise (they still hear you) and not to distract them.

Now the unexpected part. Suddenly I hear a merc shout "He's there! He's there!!!" starting to shoot, and I thought how the hell did he notice me. But. The merc ran past me, shooting, and other mercs ran behind him, shooting, everyone passing me. They were headed towards the eastern exit of the area.

I looked that direction when I heard return-fire! All of a sudden, everyone was shooting, shouting and running, and I saw a couple of mercs entering the area from the east!

I checked my map and saw there was a Guard Post, right there, and the IED explosion was tremendous, so apparently they came to check it out too. I reckon the Cock Fights mercs know their own, and the GP mercs weren't their own, so they attacked! Took a couple of minutes, and whoa... exiting! :)

Our Member TheFishlord started a topic in Tips "Create a Merc War" that lists places where you can have some fun  ;)

edit: fixed some links /Art
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

wondered if they did actually engage each other, it hints at it on the screen that flashes up sometimes when using weapon computer "A flare pistol is not only incendiary, but can also be used to call enemy reinforements to add some chaos into the mix"
never had it w@&k tho, and when they use a flare have killed them all an vanished before they trn up...
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

I wondered too, never saw it happen, tried a lot. I think that wouldn't happen anyway... they're merc reinforcements. You don't want the reinforcement to finish you off when you call them, do you  ;D ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Nah... the flare gun won't call any reinforcements... I tried it it lots of times with no success
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

indeed... so sad, really. Only if mercs use the flare, it sometimes works, seen at Dogon Village

RedRaven

GOD DAMN LYING S.O.B'S

read that screen and took it to mean that if the player used it it would call the opposing faction to the area.

will give it a go on infamous setting and se, probably just get shot loads again
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

adding a savegame, people...  ;D ;D ;D ;D, modifying first post as by now :)

KingRat

Had an interesting one....picked up the NE convoy target from the tower south of Sepoko. I'm close, so I decide to hit the armory for some IED's then plant them at the bus stop....I'm just SE of the GP when my gps shows the convoy about to come through. I equip the sniper and target one of the guards, then watch as all hell breaks loose and see 'mission acomplished' pop up  :)

Wander on up to check things out and finish off a couple guards that have survived. Found the jeep on fire and crashed into a rock...the other assault vehicles were smokin' too.....single shot carnage, I loved it  8)

Art Blade

haha, nice one :) Sometimes they do that, you arrive, and everything is burning LOL

Art Blade

by the way, the savegame is "in the middle" of the fight, because a) I didn't expect that to happen and b) took me a moment to realise the chance  ;D

oh, and if you see dead mercs, I didn't shoot them!  :)

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on June 02, 2009, 02:40:49 PM
GOD DAMN LYING S.O.B'S

read that screen and took it to mean that if the player used it it would call the opposing faction to the area.

will give it a go on infamous setting and se, probably just get shot loads again

I read on ubi's site a guy saying ha approached a GP at night and fired the flare up in the sky. He then moved away as the guards came to check and passed through the unmanned GP with no problems.
He was using the flare as a decoy while he passed unnoticed  :o
Tried a lot, but no good  :(

Art Blade

I think it might be worth a look, if you are on a known patrol route of ATPs or perhaps DDPs. Shoot a flare and check if the patrol comes for help. Gotta test that myself :)

JRD

Maybe an ATP does... but when I fired the flare at night, the guards at the GP didn't even went on alert mode... kept their guns on their shoulders  :(

Art Blade

arg, took me a while to get everything sorted (managed to redo the scenario, new savegame, now it's at the start :) now it's online in the download section (modified the first post with a direct link).

Now you can enter the game (with ignoreplayer cheat) and just watch from the high ground. Don't fight, don't attract their attention (the first time at least, lol), don't walk. You can move on the spot though... it's fun to see it again, like being in the middle of an action move  :)

Art Blade

just to clarify, I deleted the original download file and replaced it with a new savegame that takes you to the start of the fightings  ;D

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on June 02, 2009, 02:54:07 PM
haha, nice one :) Sometimes they do that, you arrive, and everything is burning LOL

I wonder if that happens no matter what I do. On my 2nd attempt on this guy I'd taken the bus, went across the road and planted the IED's. Back in the bus station waiting, waiting and more waiting...I'm like WTF is this guy? Then on the gps I see the target moving, moving like a drunken sailor across the map....interesting, looks like they're going cross country....wait, who's that running at me? It's the target! Boom!  ;D

Art Blade

hahahah, great :) :)

By the way, I was doing some Quality Testing with that savegame I uploaded. I interfered silently, shooting barrels, that car, close to mercs, they followed the "lead" LOL and found some mercs hiding... or, distract the CockFights mercs and allow the GP mercs to investigate, more chaos, haha... that savegame is the best I ever had. so much fun, to play and replay and replay  ;D

It even works without the cheat, the mercs still shoot the other mercs when you're not their target   ;D ;D ;D

spaceboy

aarrggh I'm so jealous I'm not on PC, I would love to see this.  Can someone with video capabilities do the honorable thing and let us poorly console player see this one of kind moment.  please, I beg.  it sounds so cool.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on June 02, 2009, 07:39:07 PM
aarrggh I'm so jealous I'm not on PC, I would love to see this.  Can someone with video capabilities do the honorable thing and let us poorly console player see this one of kind moment.  please, I beg.  it sounds so cool.

NO.

Go play that console exclusive inFamous game of yours  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

spaceboy

JRD

spaceboy

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on June 02, 2009, 07:43:02 PMNO.

ROFL  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

poor spaceboy! Maybe this kind of thing helps you consider buying or building a pc of your own :)

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on June 02, 2009, 08:00:41 PM
as long as it comes with a cold beer as well...
You bet.. on me, mate  :-X

Quote from: Art Blade on June 02, 2009, 08:01:48 PM
poor spaceboy! Maybe this kind of thing helps you consider buying or building a pc of your own :)

I know inFamous makes me think of a PS3 a lot... but I'm fine with my PC  ;)

PZ

Quote from: JRD on June 02, 2009, 03:03:51 PM
I read on ubi's site a guy saying ha approached a GP at night and fired the flare up in the sky. He then moved away as the guards came to check and passed through the unmanned GP with no problems.
He was using the flare as a decoy while he passed unnoticed  :o
Tried a lot, but no good  :(

Here's a twist - you've all experienced the mercs firing a flare pistol from time to time, correct?  Maybe that is the time you can also fire a flare and confuse the mercs - they might come running to your location instead of the other merc's.

Tags:
🡱 🡳