Just installed the demo...

Started by PZ, June 02, 2009, 11:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Did the massive download (for me) and installed - played about 2 minutes to get a feel for the controls - cool game, spaceboy!  I'm off to town to do errands  - I'll let you know how the demo goes.

Art Blade

have fun (with the errands  ;) )  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Great PZ!  Try not to climb any buildings or light posts while your in town.

Definitely post your thoughts I can't wait to see how you like it. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

RedRaven

really wish had PS3 to play along.
is there any hint or rumour of a PC version ??
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I wish you did too dke58; that way we'd all be getting experience as newbies!  Why not climb poles and building, spaceboy?  I already did so and the only thing I noticed was that my arms "zapped" more and that I seemed to be angry at everyone.

spaceboy

hate to say, but it won't happen.  Sucker Punch is an exclusive developer for Sony (call it owned, paid off whatever), and Sony is publishing the game.  As Fiach and I were lamenting, it's just the result of the console wars that both systems either develop or buy exclusive games and content to try and sell systems.

Not bad if it's your system, not good if it's the other...

I know PC guys frown on consoles but really they are a good deal for the money, plus you get to sit your arse on the couch and play on the big TV. 

spaceboy

Quote from: PZ on June 02, 2009, 07:25:12 PM
I wish you did too dke58; that way we'd all be getting experience as newbies!  Why not climb poles and building, spaceboy?  I already did so and the only thing I noticed was that my arms "zapped" more and that I seemed to be angry at everyone.

Um, I meant in real life.  Climb all you want in the game.  Things to check out is to climb to the top of one of the higher buildings and jump off (without hitting square) you'll just fall and tumble but I really think you get the lurch in your stomach like your falling.  Of course the thunder drop is sweet too.  check out the thread here on controls.

How are you liking it PZ?

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on June 02, 2009, 07:25:54 PM
...I know PC guys frown on consoles ....

Hey, I'm a PC guy and I resemble that remark! ;D
Seriously, I'd hate to be without either of the two systems.  When I'm on the PS3, I'm more often than not saying to myself "man, if I was on the PC, this would make an outstanding screenie - else the guys are never going to believe me..."  On the other hand, I get more time on the PS3 than on the PC because I can do it from the comfort of bed, while the wife is sleeping, with no distractions at all.

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on June 02, 2009, 07:29:09 PM
Um, I meant in real life... 

lol, you really got me on that one spaceboy!

I only had 90 to 120 seconds on the game because I just got out of the shower and my wife was hurrying me along (else be late for an appointment).  I'll be playing more tomorrow morning to get a feel for the game.  so far, I LOVE the way the character can jump like a super hero.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on June 02, 2009, 07:25:12 PMWhy not climb poles and building, spaceboy?  I already did so and the only thing I noticed was that my arms "zapped" more and that I seemed to be angry at everyone.

Quote from: spaceboy on June 02, 2009, 07:29:09 PMUm, I meant in real life.

Who said he didn't  do that in real life?  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Just played through destroying the tar something or other on top of the water tower.  Really cool how you can do all those stunts!  I like the way Cole (your character) can climb almost anything.  Also cool that you can heal citizens that are hurt in collateral damage...

spaceboy

Make sure you do some "free roam" in the demo and just see the city and try different stuff.  After the train mission is complete you've got 10 minutes to go and do anything before it makes you take the next mission (the real game of course has no such time limit).

One of my favorite things is grinding on the power lines.  In the game you have to "develop" some powers by earning XP points.  I missed it until I unlocked it but it's nice you don't start with all powers because you have to adjust your methods to play to your current powers.

I can't wait to unlock gliding as well.

PZ

I hopped onto the rails when my character was red (inFamous level) and it was like I was a train - could slide along a rail until I wanted to hop off.

spaceboy

good times.  But in the real game be careful as the trains eventually get running - so watch out.  You can switch directions by pulling back on the analog stick as well.

RedRaven

really envious now :(
and you cant even take and post screens  :'(

(or can you ?)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

I do have video I recorded here of the demo.  I do plan on taking some more, but haven't yet.  I can also take some screens from the vids.  It's just a whole setup thing vs. being able to do it on the fly like on a PC

PZ

Your video has much more meaning now that I've played part of the demo - I need to develop my technique!

Tags:
🡱 🡳