nice tech

Started by RedRaven, June 01, 2009, 11:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

just found a vid on youtube about TrackIR5,
wonder how many other games it will be useful for ?
find myself leaning and peering into edges of the screen sometimes.
here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wXx3vMy_AQ

:-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Impressive technology - sure would make game play another order of magnitude more immersive...

DKM2

Looks cool, but, wouldn't that get a little hard on the eyes after while.
I mean if your turning your head your not looking directly at the screen
and you'd have to shift your eyes back and forth all the time.
I'd hate to end up looking like this  ::) all the time.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

haha, good point - kind of like looking out of the corner of your eyes at everything... still, it would be fun to try and see if it played well.

RedRaven

but as we tend to progress on to bigger and better screens  with excellent resolution capabilities it may be very useful
in some applications (like in the vid with vehicles)
in FC2 there is the mouse buttons when driving but thats fixed to the 4 POV.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

good point indeed... now we're back at discussing 3D, which still isn't  fully worked out.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I see what DKM2 mean.
Quite pointless to have that device working so fine on a flat screen.
But its impreesive indeed
Maybe when we can get a 180 degrees screen (or 120 whatever)...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

that would be cool!

Like those pro 3D environments used for car design, called CAVE... a small room with every wall, floor and ceiling being screens  8)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on June 01, 2009, 01:32:15 PM
that would be cool!

Like those pro 3D environments used for car design, called CAVE... a small room with every wall, floor and ceiling being screens  8)

The day it turns into reality and accessible (cheap) for all, I'll be doomed.
My social and professional life will be lost for good  ;D ;D

Art Blade

yeah! I'd like to trade a full virtual reality environment for my w@&k life... that way I'd have spare time for social life  ;D

RedRaven

roll on the day when its just a plug into the central nervous system. as for that tech i just want to fly a helicopter gunship !!!! ;D

Art Blade

haha, nice one, a plug into the CNS, grooooovy  ;D

I wonder what it'd feel like when you fly your battleship and your PC crashes  ;D

Na, if we had that plug and the input were overriding real world input, then we'd basically have "virtual" life. Now with any input, there should be a way of recording too.

Do you know the film "Strange Days"? You put on sort of a hat (device) and put in sort of a DVD with recorded memories of a person. Playback makes you live those moments recorded. Imagine you had a full-blown helicopter gunship mission to re-live... and now make that controlable, as in take over control and continue your way. Whoa.

RedRaven

probably "crash"

Strange Days is a great cinematic example of "cyberpunk",
not as extreme as BladeRunner, bit closer to now and whats actually possible.
think its more than possible we will see that kind of "total imersion" within our lifetimes (may be chasing nurses in the home tho ! ) ::)

Art Blade

haha, chasing nurses... I wouldn't mind chasing a "tech"-nurse such as Rachael (Sean Young) from 1982 Blade Runner  ;D ;D (proud owner of original first release DVD heh heh)

RedRaven

NICE!
  either Angela Basset or Juliette Lewis be,
(oh and - nurse outfit optional )  ;)

Art Blade

agree :)

and LOL!!! nice slogan and avatar Muhahahaha  :-X :-X :-X

RedRaven

;D cheers, like to change it to suit mood, but bugs will be back ;D ;D

DKM2

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

JRD

thats amazing DKM2...
I can see myself on my sport shorts, grabbing a towel and a bottle of water and saying to the wife
"gonna play a little, honey... don't interrupt me for the next couple of hours"
.. and NOT STARTING A FIGHT  ;D ;D ;D

If I grab a beer and say it to her... WW III will be over me in no time  ;)

Seriously... the technology is amazing. It really scan an objects so you can play with stuff like you have at home!!! unbelievable... of course, now I can play Tony Hawk for 6 hours on a row... that way it'll last 10 minutes (if so  ;D)

Art Blade

not bad, if you can tell you suffered a real heart attack from playing a 6-hour virtual tennis match  ;D ;D ;D

DKM2

yeah, you wait JRD,
after you tell her she has to get up and change the tires like that every 5 minutes.
Things will be different.

Art Blade

I am visualising couples sitting on the couch debating over a dress LOL

JRD

I am visualising me and the wife discussing our relationship over a boxing game  ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

need some support with cheats?  ;D ;D

JRD

Hahahaha good one  :-X

But I'm not a cheater  :P

Tags:
🡱 🡳