Duke Nukem Forever

Started by black.penta, May 31, 2009, 05:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Quote from: fragger on September 04, 2011, 07:06:27 PM
all his mean-looking tatts would migrate to his chest and morph into a picture of Winnie-The-Pooh.....
....and burn it to the like, you know, ground.

^+-+ Great story Fragger :-X

I hope you'll find a real copy soon, if it was only to blow off some steam ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Thanks Binn :) I should be properly motivated by the time I get into the game >:D

Art Blade

Hehe, next time you go back to that tattooed jerk, yell "COME GET SOME" at him and punch his lights out.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Haha  :-X
Don't forget to wear a Duke suit when you do that  ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

and smoke a big cigar you could spit at his feet  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

It should be perfect if you make some kind of arangement with 2 beautiful blondes... perfect if they were twins, that would enter the shop first and warm the guy up a bit ;)
Then get in and Duke'inate him >:D

Art Blade

Unfortunately I lost contact to beautiful blonde twins, Billy and Cathy (once they marry...) -- I'd have sent them right over  :-D

Fiach

Got a call from a mate of mine in SMYTHS (Toys r Us in the US), one copy left of a collector edition for the PS3, it has a bust of Duke, plus and art book and cards and chips for €24.99, picking it up tomorrow.

Apparently the PS3 version is the best console version, I dont particularly like the controller for shooters, but I guess I'll get used to it :)

EDIT: Its called Balls of Steel edition, iirc another friend paid €80 for this on release :). :

Duke Nukem Forever Balls Of Steel Edition Unboxing
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Cool to look at all the stuff he's got in (or out of) that box :) I wouldn't know where to put all that and in any case it would collect a lot of dust. I always buy the simple game versions but once when all the simple ones were sold out already.

Binnatics

Hahah, "Carpe Nukem"  ^-^
Cool that you got the game Fiach,  :-X

Fiach

Well, I picked it up and tbh, I would have paid that price for just the items :)

I know what you mean Art, by collecting dust, but the Carpe bust is very well done, its high quality plastic with a bit of weight, looks like marble, the art book is 100 pages and is very well produced, covering Dukes history from PS1/PC up to DNF. The comic is cool if you are into that sort of thing (my sons are), the rest is just nice memorabilia of an icon :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

Quote from: Fiach on September 09, 2011, 01:35:09 AM
high quality plastic with a bit of weight
^+-+ :-X

Looking forward to your first impressions Fiach! Cool that you picked the game. I might do another playthrough as company ^-^

fragger

Nice acquisition Fiach :) :-X

Dweller_Benthos

A little necro posting here, but in case no one noticed, there was a big (400MB+) update to DNF a little while ago, and unless you read the release notes, you might not know. Seems they added two more weapon slots for the single player campaign. Now, if you've already finished the SP game, you're probably not going to go back and replay just to be able to carry two more weapons. But if you haven't finished it (like me) or are thinking of getting it once the price drops, then it will be something to look for. You have to enable the extra weapons in the config, then you can carry the pistol & shotgun plus any bigger guns you find along the way. I remember a discussion about only being able to carry two weapons and that Duke always had tons of weird guns to use, so at least they upped the count a little.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

Yep, I knew about the new possibilities. But I've completed the campaign 3 times allready. I't should be great though. Having multiple guns to choose from. Wonder if they make that ability available in MP too.

Dweller_Benthos

Three times? Honestly, I'm so bored with it I'm struggling to get through the first one. Having Crysis2 and Rage sitting there uncompleted doesn't help, much less Minecraft.....
D_B

Binnatics

Don't know why the game caught me that bad, D_B, maybe the humor in it. It's no nonsense humor, and shooting was fun. I've had a good time playing it through 3 times, a bit tougher everytime. But I didn't have other games on the shelve except Crysis 2, which I still have btw. Can't get myself to playing it, somehow

Art Blade

I noticed the download when I last fired up steam. Haven't checked it out, though.. any ideas of what to do exactly to enable the new weapon slots?

Binnatics

I think they will be just there. Haven't checked it either.

Art Blade

checked it. You need to enable them in the options menu.

"HEHEHE, WHAT A MESS!"  >:D

Dweller_Benthos

I see there's a DLC for $10, "the doctor that cloned me" or something like that.... anyone going to bite?
D_B

Art Blade

not as long as I have to pay.

fragger

Not me. Thanks to the bungling dolts at one of my local game shops, I never did get the game. First they ordered me a console version instead of a PC one (easy mistake to make, seeing as how the words "computer" and "playstation" sound so much alike ::)), then they spun me some BS yarn about the demand for the game not justifying an order (in other words, they forgot - and besides, I provided a demand for it). At this point, I don't think I can be bothered anymore.

Binnatics

I won't pay a dime either for the DLC. I'm completely against paying for DLC's whatsoever. There's gotta be a super gigantic massive great extra content to make it attractive enough to pay for it.  :-D

fragger

I don't believe it... I was in my local gaming shop earlier today (not the aforementioned dolt-infested one) and there was Duke Nukem Forever for PC just sitting there on the shelf as bold as you please, on special for $20, so I grabbed him. I only went in there to kill a bit of time while I was waiting for a haircut appointment. Typical.

But Tomb Raider Legend arrived in the mail today as well and I'm into that at present. Nukem kept me waiting all that time, so now he can just flipping well wait for me - I don't care how big and tough he is. If he has a problem with that, I'll get Lara to sort him out >:D

I'm still not going to pay for that DLC though.

Tags:
🡱 🡳