Sunset by the lake...

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 19, 2009, 08:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Is this the one you guys were talking about? Nice place to relax for a while. I tried getting the moon over the lake too, but it would cloud in every time the moon got low enough, plus the moon is pretty dark as it sets, you have to get it while it's rising to really see it.

Funny how this was taken at 10 PM game time, does it really set that late in Africa?

[smg id=4823]

Getting lower....

[smg id=4824]

Almost gone....

[smg id=4825]

Just a sliver.....

[smg id=4826]

Afterglow.......

[smg id=4827]

Sleepy time now......
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

That's it!

The roof of the safe house is to the right, and the rock ledge in the foreground is what you carefully go down to get to the southeast bus stop.

I would assume that the sun sets in the southern hemisphere much the same as it does in the northern, depending on the tilt of the earth, hence the late sunset, but I'm only making an educated guess though.

JRD

Nice screenshots D_B...
I went by the lake yesterday to take a screen too but couldn't grab any as cool as those.
Its a place to test the draw distance of the game and from where I was standing, the world would just come to an abrupt end......
You did a great job framing the picture with other elements of the scenario!!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

I can snipe the guys in patrol boats from there, and yes, you do see them spawn if you're looking in the right place. All of a sudden, POP! and there's a boat! lol
D_B

PZ

How cool is that... being able to enjoy the great view and have someone to plink at - do they fire back?

Dweller_Benthos

Nope, they have no idea what's happening, and I doubt the bots are aware of anything that far away. If they were, they'd be attacking you from halfway across the map.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳