Missing pages of Gunshop Mission in North

Started by retiredgord, May 30, 2009, 05:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Well this strange but I found a page of the journal that I must've dropped in the Safehouse near the road to the South...so here's the story.
I was offered this mission and figured it might be an easy way to get some better goods later. I had seen the layout, it's the area north of Schwasana by the road and r/r tracks, and  it offered some good cover as well as a pass the convoy would have to use.  So off I went on the bus to the Bus stop  near Petro Sahel.  From there I grabbed the buggy and drove hell bent for leather to get to a spot to set up an ambush.  Well haste makes waste and I got the buggy jammed up on some rocks near the  ambush site which is to be about halfway between the road and the junction to the g/p.
  Oh well time to hoof it over and try to get my spot.  Oh crap!! the convoy is going to be there any minute.  Ok there's a large rock I can use for cover and I'll try and get the lead A/T with the RPG I picked up. Good, I load and send a rocket on the way towards the lead vehicle but miss cuz I haven't had much practice with these things.  I throw off another towards the truck but miss  and the RPG fizzles and pops and is gone. I look up and then see that the A/T is coming for me.  Time to scoot around the rock.
   As the truck comes barrelling up to try and make me a hood ornament I mangage to fire off a burst with the PKM and fell the gunner who had jumped up on top of the turret for some reason.  As he falls I scoot around the back of the A/T and fire another burst killing the driver.
   Gotta move to a different spot for next time.  I see another big rock on the opposite side of the road and boogy out to it..just in time too.  A lone busybody has come from the g/p to see what the noise is all about here. I crouch and avoid him and pop some rounds off at him fortunately kiling him in time to see two from the saehouse nearby.  Yes, again I was in haste and not noticed it was occupied by undesirables.
  A short firefight and they too would be grass food.  Now where to go.  The convoy might be here soon. Ah the hill overlooking the road should be good so away I ran.
   Yep you guessed it, just in time again.  The other A/T was on the way down thru the pass and as they got near I lobbed a 'nade in their general direcion.  It didn't kill them but they lost control, crashed and got hung up on a rock.  Time for some 1  on 2 play.  Several bursts and one was down and a few more trading of rounds and I evened up the scores ..me 2 them 0. Where was the that truck??.
   "Well what have we got here" I says aloud.  The truck had also went out of control and got hung up and now that rude driver was firiing at me.  Down off the hill  and over towards the truck I go to try and finish this off.  Some quick shoot and scoot and he's down for good.  Time to take the truck somwhere safer so in I go and drive it  like Jack the rabbit over the tracks and into the desert where another granade helps it become a recyclable. Mission accomplished..great to see.
  Gotta get away soon so it's back to that Safehouse to make it safe.  In a few minutes it's mine and so is the sleep I need.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

LOL - haven't even started to read yet (will do) but need to say: that text of yours looks like a rat went through a roll of papyrus  ;D ;D ;D

I can practically see you type away, then remember someone mentioned "paragraphs" to you, and quickly aim somewhere and hit Enter or SpaceBar, randomly, after some full stops!  ;D ;D ;D

Ok, going to fight my way through now, I know I'm going to like it despite of missing paragraphs  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Ah, I used the mouse to place and hold, then dragged it line by line, so I could mark the text I was reading. Just for orientation. It's hard if you loose the line you were just reading and have to find it in that Swiss cheese  ;D ;D ;D

Funny story, great pace... looks like you did the mission and  typed the story  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

This one was difficult as I was originally writing and hitting the "Start" key to hold  my place while I wrote down the points.  Then I misplaced the notes.  Hehehe, probably at the safehouse. Anyway I had to dig deep into the memory bank and try to rememeber just how it went.  I wrote the mission cause it seemed so easy until I started and then all those things happened,BUT I STILL FINISHED.
Yes I do remember, (go thru the mission as best remembered) and type away.  I will w@&k on the paragraph stuff.  It's been A LOOOONNNG time since High School.  lol

Art Blade

For me it's always nice to read some of your expressions, for example "hell-bent for leather" is new for me, as is "busybody". This is better than any school  ;D

PZ

I loved it, Gord - keep posting the stories.  I too thought about the uniquely different phrases you employ, as I read your account; it was quite an enjoyable read for me!  :-X

retiredgord

Thanks guys.  I enjoy doing them even tho I sometimes get a little windy in the narrative. I'll try to do them when my son is playing his baseball games on the PS3, otherwise I grab as much time as I can to play the game  I got a few jotted down but it'll take some time to decipher my peculiar type of shorthand.

Art Blade

THAT is showing your age! Short hand! Holy Jebus on a bicycle, I haven't even heard of that in ages  ;D

PZ

Kind of goes along with typewriter, mimeograph, telegraph, Gutenberg....

... old... very old... ancient... antediluvian... antiquated... archaic... bygone... historical... moth-eaten... obsolete... old-fashioned...  ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

there is one word for all that. "retiredgord".  ;D

PZ

ROFL!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-X :-X :-X :-X

[sorry Gord, I couldn't help myself...]

retiredgord

Yuppers..that's me  retired Gord.  It's the best online I've ever picked. Hey and I write this all out BY HAND.  I could get one of those little voice recorders for voicing the missions , but I'd probable get overexcited and have a heart attack on tape.

Art Blade

PZ

Priceless, Gord... simply priceless... I'm so glad that you found OWG and that you take the time to interact with us goofballs.  :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: retiredgord on June 03, 2009, 04:41:07 PMArt..I'm always amazed at the amount

Gord, when when I wrote the travel diary for the car experiment (the park&ride method), I was thinking of your pace of your writings and how you seemed to struggle to put it all together after your missions. I hope you can do what we PC guys do: Hit ESCape Key to enter pause mode (Notebook opens) I think that's what you meant when you hit "start to hold" your place.

I did that, wrote a piece, and left the pause mode to continue playing, and so on. Like that I had enough time to peacefully write down the details; only I didn't use an analogue data carrier (yeah, it means "paper" haha) - I had the browser open and wrote the post "live" :) No problems with deciphering my own peculiar type of handwriting  ;D

RedRaven

will you boys play nicely and stop picking on Gord !!!!

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

That wasn't meant to be understood as picking, (apart from the analogue data carrier, perhaps), but as paying homage to Gord

retiredgord

Art..I use the PS3 and it's in the Wrecked Room in the basement whereas the PC is on th second floor in MY computer room.  I hafta use the analog method.  The new articles, (lots of them starting from first in South) were jotted down using the "start"  button to put the game on hold.  I am also trying to proof read and have used a longer and more, hopefully for me, readable test with which to post here.
  Just a warning...IWILL START POSTING AGAIN SOON... in case you wanna be outta the country, offline or whatever.  HRUUUUAHAHAHAH. (Evil Laugh)

Art Blade

RedRaven

was just messing about, sort of thing my mother would say to any kid at any time ! we all getting along like peas in a pod, or should that now become chips in an ipod
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Looking forward to your new posts, Gord!   :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳