First impressions

Started by spaceboy, May 28, 2009, 08:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

This game has captured my attention and is very difficult to put down.  I'm still quite early in the game but have done a couple main missions as well as several side missions.  So far there is quite a variety in the missions so I hope that keeps up throughout the game.

Some of the side missions are short but adds to the gameplay as you are basically helping out a citizen or friend. 

The city looks and feels great and the citizens are always yelling compliments or insults at you - no matter what you can't seem to please them all.  Some still blame you for the explosion or for the loss of their loved ones.  Others see you are helping (if you're playing as good like I am)  and if you heal people on the streets some will start clapping, taking pictures, calling their friends on their cell phones and/or taking pics with the cell phones.

There are good and evil side missions and you won't be able to do both kinds depending on your karma so clearly a second playthrough will be needed to see all the game has to offer.

Even when completing a good side mission, if you kill bystanders (which I did accidentally) you will lose some karma. 

The platforming, parkour movements, and even your melee actions are very satisfying.  Luckily not only do you have your powers (which you continue to unlock and upgrade with XP points) but you can miraculously survive a 40 story fall with a simple roll move (automatic) so while not realistic - it is a superhero game afterall - the feeling of falling nearly gets in your gut as if you were really falling.

This is a definite must have for PS3 owners.  There really seems to be something for everyone.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I'm a little behind spaceboy - does this mean that the official game has been released and you're playing it?

spaceboy

Yes.  It was released on Tuesday.  Busy week actually so I've been getting only 1 hour snippets or so.  I've made some good progress though the last couple nights.  I have to reiterate how impressive the feeling of height is - though most buildings aren't extaordinarily high, it just has a great feeling to it that is hard to describe.

Fiach

Sounds great Spaceboy, shame its an exclusive :(

I like the sound of the karma and the general publics interaction with your moral stance, reminds me of Fable a bit.

Glad you are having fun :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

I was thinking the same as PZ, "is it out yet?" which you approved. Now I think that combined with a general busy week explains why I was missing FC2 board activity by you (I like your posts a lot) :) To echo both PZ and Fiach, shame it's exclusive but have a great time playing it  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

on a sidenote... why do I see this board showing "openworldgames" logo instead of inFamous logo?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Thanks guys...yeah I do wish you guys were able to play and discuss the game as well, thanks for the nice comments and for reading my posts to myself..lol

Good question Art on the logo, it looks fine on the main infamous board, just back to OWG here....hmmm

PZ

I'll be looking for it at my fav place to get games - Costco (discount warehouse).  The logo problem is fixed - settings.

spaceboy

Cool, I hope you pick it up.  I'd love to see what you think.  Also the demo is avail for free on the PSN which would give you a good idea if you like the core gameplay.

PZ

Oh, I'll definitely pick it up - do you know how large the demo is?  My service provider limits my monthly bandwidth.

JRD

Have a great time and bring some good gameplay images and vids when you have time... I really like those you already posted and am curious to see how it goes further on.
Also, spoil me by telling all about the story. I like a good plot and this one seems to be deep  ;)
If Sucker Punch can make plots and interactive scenarios like Rockstar, then you are on to a great time playing and replaying  :-X

As for the logo... PZ, I noticed that when you click any of them (FUEL, OFP2 etc) you go to the main OWG page... is that intentional?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

No, that is built into the "stock" code of the forum - remember that we are using discussion forum software that is designed for only simple discussion use.  We're using theme manipulation in the individual parent boards to give the illusion that OWG is a large multi-game content management system.  We could change it by hard-coding the forum pages, but then upgrades would be an issue.

PS: It looks like spaceboy is off playing inFamous...

JRD

Quote from: PZ on May 31, 2009, 08:30:12 AM
PS: It looks like spaceboy is off playing inFamous...
Hmmm hmmmm... thats no excuse mister, I was here while playing GTA as well  ;D ;D ;D

I was just curious about the logo... no big deal, just wondering.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

busy weekend with both w@&k and family - I wish I was playing.  I'll have to check in later guys.  Will definitely be posting more vids and info as soon as possible.

Art Blade

chillax, man  ;D Thanks for showing up, glad you're alright  :-X

PZ

That's OK space,  that was me yesterday, kind of (no w@&k though) - had a bunch of people over for a late afternoon BBQ so the wife had me doing yard w@&k, setting up deck furniture, propane, food, ice chest... man, I hate it when she does that...

... nah, not really; we had a blast!

Art Blade

PZ

lol, yeah, but not as bad as the blast that hit my office! (cave)

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳