UFLL Mission: Kill Prosper Kouassi

Started by PZ, May 26, 2009, 11:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Art Blade

very accurate and clear, very good read. Now I know what I did wrong last time... I placed the IEDs outside instead of inside the house... good advice for everyone in that article, about how to do it properly. The bloody part was kind of a personal thing I guess  ;D  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks, for some reason Prosper (or Gakumba, depending on which faction is winning) simply stands there and does not react to the IED threat - lots of fun to get in there and do the mission without firing a shot if you are careful.

Oh, and it was satisfying to kill Gakumba at the troop rally for the way he treated me...

Art Blade

haha... I never had issues with how someone treated me there. All I did was write his name on a bullet and made it go through his head :) A good line would have been "I've killed for less."  ;D

About those IEDs, where do you have to plant them not to trigger his attention yet still be able to kill him?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

He stands in the back room so I threw one down in the main room and then moved close to the opening of the door to his room and placed another (I've never tested how far I can go into the room before he sounds the alarm)  I suspect that he just stands there, which places him directly in the blast radius of the IEDs.  I don't know if multiple IEDs increase the blast radius, but I usually plant two just in case.

Art Blade

thanks for the info. I'm going to find a savegame (out of thousands lol) where I'm about to do that mission and give it a try :)

PZ

Have fun - this one perfectly illustrates the fact that the proper weapons choice and approach makes all the difference in the world... and some people claim that this game is boring and repetitious!

Art Blade

repetition is the way of the master  ;)

deadman1

Very nice PZ  :-X I´ve never used IED´s for this mission so I´ll give that a shot next time around.

PZ

Thanks deadman, I've learned much about new techniques from the OWG membership, so it is nice to be able to contribute something that might extend game play for others.

retiredgord

Good read there PZ.  Nice and concise. I tend to ramble...all the adrenaline and syrette stuff I guess.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Thanks for the comment retiredgord, but I don't think that you ramble - I like your stories - in fact, I like everyone's stories because they give insight into the thoughts of another player as they make their way through the FC2 world.  Please keep the stories coming; the more the better!

Tags:
🡱 🡳