The head that shoots

Started by retiredgord, May 26, 2009, 11:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

I just found the merc that shoots at you with just the top of his head showing.  He's at the G/P near the Crash Site.  I got into a firefight there and managed to get most  of the guards.  There was about 3 left but I kept taking rounds and couldn't see the dude. Ran all over when I thought I had got the last and still gunfire..thru 20' of rock.  Finally got on top and saw him. Just his forehead  showing..and his gun hand.  Even tried to park a vehicle on his head and that guy just kept on firing..must have an ammo pile in there with him.  Finally had to get close, take rounds and get Duke to speak to him for a minute.  Finally he quieted down.  HE was VERY ANNOYING!!!!
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

"Oi, merc, what are you doing ! Do you live under a rock?"  ;D

He is annoying. More annoying is the amount of time it takes to silence him.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I just routinely throw a 'nade up on that rock when I pass by - he instantly behaves.

Art Blade

I'll come round and count the pins you must of left there  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

So many it sounds like gravel crunching beneath your feet!  ;D

Art Blade

hahaha! I better bring a shovel then, fill crates with them, and sell them back to the manufacturer  ;D

PZ

...one thing to fear in the game... the sound of a pin dropping and the hollow roll of the 'nade.

On an aside, my wife and I assembled a new gazebo for the deck, and the top center ornament is a pineapple...  guess what my immediate thought was... ;D  to make it hilarious, my wife/s comment was: "that looks like a grenade!"  [not a single word out of my mouth, but the guffaw was clear...]

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on May 26, 2009, 12:28:25 PMguess what my immediate thought was

"where's the f@#$ing pin!!!" perhaps?  ;D ;D

oh, and LOL @ comment of your wife :) Should ask her sometimes, "mind if we put a real grenade up there?"  :)

PZ

deadman1

Quote from: PZ on May 26, 2009, 12:28:25 PM
...one thing to fear in the game... the sound of a pin dropping and the hollow roll of the 'nade.

On an aside, my wife and I assembled a new gazebo for the deck, and the top center ornament is a pineapple...  guess what my immediate thought was... ;D  to make it hilarious, my wife/s comment was: "that looks like a grenade!"  [not a single word out of my mouth, but the guffaw was clear...]

Here´s an idea, panit it like a real grenade and put a fake pin at the top of it. Then wait for friends and neighbours reaction  ;)

Art Blade

and put a doormat the size and form of a landmine in front of it  ;D

A suitable nice decoration would be randomly scattered gun shells and an unobtrusive FLAK somewhere in the garden.

PZ

hahaha, great ideas guys, I love setting up hidden little "treasures" like that!   :-X

retiredgord

Make up some realistic looking IED's..maybe use them outside the entrance and have matching ones as placemats.  That should make for an interesting conversation.

PZ

lol, maybe I'd better not - the wife is already using phrases like "you're addicted to that game!"... when the spouse starts talking like that, it is never a good sign for the husband!  ;)

retiredgord

My answer:  Honest, honey..it relieves my stress.. You wouldn't want me to become  crotchety would you? ::) ::)

PZ

haha,
My rationale.. ahem... excuses... are similar - in fact, my wife just asked "Honey, are you in the office?" - the implication is clear - to me, anyway!

Art Blade

sounds all too familiar to me :) "you love your damn PC more than me!" "Why don't you go to bed with your PC" are the next step towards really interesting discussions  ;D

PZ

My wife hates watching television so here is a solution she came up with: "Honey, if you buy me a comfortable recliner, lamp, and side table, we can set it up in the office and I can enjoy a glass of wine with a good book while you're on your computer."

I nearly had a heart attack and exclaimed: "Sure sweetie, when do you want to go shopping?"

Art Blade

one thing you may want to ask her is her ear size. So you can buy her some comfy and soundtight hearing protection. Just to prevent her from suffering an attack while you blow up GP at 120db (you might need to buy a 5,000W 5.1 sound system first)  ;D ;D ;D

PZ

haha, I think that I'll just wear headphones myself - I've a feeling that she'd not like to wear hearing protection and I don't want to push the envelope!

Art Blade

alright. Then I recommend you buy a set of fresh batteries for your pace maker... prepare for high tension gaming and she taps you on the shoulder from behind... Buy her a helmet so she won't get her face smashed in when you rocket up off your chair  ;D

PZ

Well, this is the best part - my PC desk faces the place where she intends to place the chair - problem solved!  I'm kind of like the wild west gun slingers - like to have my back against the wall!

Art Blade

gun slingers, wild west... if you're the sheriff... buy some heavy chains...  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳