Quarbani's Lost Box

Started by retiredgord, May 25, 2009, 05:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Well don't that beat all.  There I was just visiting Mike's and Quarbani figures I've nothing better to do with my time.  He asks and I relent to go to the Oasis to get this box he hid there of personal effects.  Yah sure.  Ok I'll do it.
I pop over to the Gunshop to pick up newer stuff. I hate when any weapon kinda just sparks and you suddenly have a hot potato in your hands. But I digress.
So now armed with Duke (Dragunov), Peter (Peter Kills Mercs) and McMac (Mac 10) and Machete I  head to town to take a bus.  Gotta love those bus drivers, never see them but always there for the ride. Anyway, away I go to the S/E Bus Stop and pop into by little 1 room bungalow over in the Safe house to the S/E. Into the house to check the time..5:45 a.m.  Sun-up soon gotta get a movin.
I drive down toward Oaisis and spot a nice huge rock that I'll use for cover.  I then sneak the last 50 yds or so up to the edge of the rocks and find a little ledge overlooking some of the basin. I hear humming, bad so it has to be a merc, and I inch my way forward to the left of a M/G position and peek down.  There is one dude staring into the basin so Duke speaks. I shot him..he was supposed to be on guard, you know. That of course wakes up others so I ended up taking some rounds from someone almost straight ahead but outta sight.  I pull an Art Blade and lob  a 'nade down into the basin to see what it cooks.  Well a scream and an explosion tells me I got another and a vehicle of some sort.  I start trying to eyeball the guy(s) that are popping off rounds at me  and just notice out of the corner of my eye 2 mercs trying to get up to my right near the M/G.  No, no and I grab Peter and start letting him do the talking. One goes down almost immediately and I manage to get a quick burst off to finish the other in short time. Ok I spot the other two dudes and have a short firefight debate with Peter winning.  I lob another 'nade and it lands near the ammo setting off a nice display of pyrotechnics.  I wait a few minutes while reloading and decide to go down.  These guys won't be able to outtalk Peter no matter what they got.  I slowly walk down and gun  the final merc that was hiding near the burning Assault truck.  I check my Handy Dandy GPS and see that my package is near and head off that direction.  Down a narrow cut in the rock and there it is. I pick it up and saunter back toward my ride.  The device  tells me I have accomplished my mission..NO S*IT. I head to the Bus stop and take it back to town.  Grab that little rocket and jet back to Mike's for some more outpouring of gratitude.  Sure.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

good story... man you do sound like a pro  ;D And thanks for featuring me (love my hand grenades) :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Nice read retiredgord!   :-X

JRD

Excellent story retiredgord.  :-X

Duke, Peter, McMac and I are good friends too (and Bob is my uncle  ;) )
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I did a variant on this mission this morning - there is a secret passage on the northern side of the mountain - it is in this passage that the lost box lies.  After leaving the southeast bus stop, heading toward the oasis, I parked the truck near a dead tree.  You can find the opening to the passage if you go half way up the side of the mountain and check all the bushes - a dense bush hides the opening.  Into the passage to quickly pick up the package, then back out the way I came in - using this method, I did not expend a single round, nor incur the wrath of a single merc.  :-()

Art Blade

I remember that part with the hidden entrance. Took me a couple of playthroughs to find and remember it  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

There are lots of interesting tidbits like this "secret passage" that can make a task easier.  I recall the stories about several difficult diamonds that turned out to be not so difficult after all.  I guess finding these gems is all part of the fun (no pun intended)  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳