You know you're playing FC2 when...

Started by Art Blade, May 25, 2009, 04:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

- any cell tower you touch makes your mobile ring and the call you get is an assassination mission

- every car on the roads start chasing you on sight

- you can repair any car or boat with nothing but a big wrench

- everywhere in the country you find suitcases full of diamonds

- arms dealers don't know money but accept diamonds

- arms dealers offer repair manuals for vehicles

- you can change the weather with an alarm clock

- any weapon you've drawn magically dissapears on entering a bar

- any fire you start, no matter how big it gets, magically extinguishes after 45 seconds
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Also after any buddy rescues you,THEY never go anywhere and sometimes take damage just standing there..then you hafta save THEM.
Your vehicle, and theirs never seems to run out of fuel
I personally love this part..you never have to stop for  a leak  hahaha
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

haha! Mercs have to, that's ok with me though (I like to shoot them just then) ;D

- no matter who, everyone walking in the open has a weapon

- you don't need a doctor. You carry a set of tools and pull even full blown iron bars out of your body.

- gun wounds and blood loss can be healed in a second with an injection

- the only medication you find is wonder-syrettes and anti-malaria pills.

- you are the only person who can swim and climb ladders
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

You usually run AWAY from a fire and most times leave that vehicle to burn on it's own as there are lots where it came from.
You can jump and those clowns can't.
The opposing sniper is sually standing and wears a very noticable shirt.
You never say " Don't come any closer.  We got you surrounded.  Surrounded.  He's got us surrounded'
They like to stand /crouch near flammables.

JRD

- You shoot 15 bullets on a shirtless guy's chest and he still can shoot back  ;D

- You are high on morphine and still can aim well.

- You are walking in an unknown African country, torn apart by a mercyless war and some idiots leave a colorful hang glider for you do radical sports.

- You realize that rivers are, in fact, just a weird shaped lake  ;D

- You can see everything and everybody at night, but they can't see you well.

- Between one slaughter and another, you stop to enjoy the beutyful sunset (after all, you are a heartless, cold blooded mercenary who enjoys simple things in life  ;D )
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

-when a cease fire is dropped, the two opposing factions will only shoot at you, not each other.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

retiredgord

No matter how far or how fast I drive along those railway tracks I've never had a broken vehicle...even Datsuns :-X :P
The vehicles  always start..unless they are sitting in the middle of a fire.
The machete never breaks even when hitting rock.
The vehicles break when you hit them enuf with the machete.
I still really think this game is great with all these little things to find and w@&k with in your missions

JRD

I think its a great, great game too, I don't see those little things as flaws, just funny.

Art Blade

funny things you came up with :) The topic is about just that, what is funny or characteristic. Imagine someone asked what FC2 was like, and we sent him the points made in this topic as a description  ;D

Hacko

-that there are no predatory animals in Africa.
-the animals in Africa have very soft craniums.

JRD

- There are bus stops, but you never see a bus on the road.
- Diamonds are everywhere, but you are the only one looking for them (and only your GPS flashes when they are close)
- Cars and jeeps are a wreck... but all of them have GPS (that flash too, but when a merc is driving he doesn't care about that  ;D )

PZ

- when you practically drop your controller while laughing at the predictability of the vehicle mercs.

-when you can travel the FC2 countryside and not need to look at your map to get to your location

retiredgord

Wondering if "Fresh Fish" is bad advertising. Especially when youu look at the water  and what mercs do in it.
Where are the mosquitos?  They should be as big as sparrows there.

Art Blade

the mosquitos must be those things I run over at night, you know, when the car goes bumpy on a plain and otherwise empty road... :)

sometimes you see mercs go crazy and swatting flies or mosquitos that apparently are cruising around their heads. It's all in their heads though... Have to ease their pain with a semi-automatic pain killer sometimes...

PZ

... you see how beautiful the fire is.  I know we've said it many times before, but I experienced something new this morning - I threw 3 Molotov cocktails to start a fire at a GP north of the rail yard.  As the fire grew the wind picked up, and relatively large burning branches fell from the trees, expanding the fire.

Watching the fires in FC2 is almost as good as sitting by a campfire, being mesmerized by the flames.

Art Blade

only in FC2, after a couple of hours of burning everything there is, you don't have to worry about your clothes smelling of cheap bacon  :-D

JRD

Quote from: PZ on June 01, 2011, 01:39:59 PM
Watching the fires in FC2 is almost as good as sitting by a campfire, being mesmerized by the flames.

Only in campfires you won't try to find someone to set fire to and enjoy the screaming  ;D

mandru

Quote from: JRD on June 02, 2011, 03:50:51 AM
Only in campfires you won't try to find someone to set fire to and enjoy the screaming  ;D

I don't know JRD.  :-\\

If I could go back in time to when I was a boyscout and revisit some of the miserable camp outs one sadistic jerk of a scoutmaster led us on I think I would almost be able to argue that.   >:D

I wanted to hike and camp for the fun of it which put me in serious opposition to the scoutmaster's drive to seek out the raw edge of primal survivalism to grow men and for everyone to march in step to the tune he called.  More than once I overheard him instruct the older troop members (several gung-ho brown nosing goons he favored and surrounded himself with) to "Knock him into line!" (me being the 'him' ).

I think that a lot of his hostility towards me was that I was a kid that had grown up in the country with deep forest as my playground while the scoutmaster and the rest of the troop were city based.  I refused to go blindly 'by the book' and I didn't have the sense (at that time) to not point out things in the scout manual that would kill someone in some circumstances.

I also enjoyed packing in luxury food items when we would camp out.  I was willing to sacrifice what I considered to be negligible weight differences for what he deemed to be efficient provisions.  I'd started bailing hay at the age of 12 and had quickly built up the stamina of a bloody pack mule (and the appetite that goes with it  :-D ) so it was always a point of contention with him when he was struggling to reconstitute some freeze dried food substitute and I would load a couple vented cans of ravioli or whatever into the edge of the campfire to heat.

My little P-38 field can opener (I'd affectionately nicknamed The Scorpion) was my best friend on those outings.   :-X

I always had good eats, so my pack at one point became a target for some of the other troop members and a trend developed over several months that my food supplies were ravaged leaving me to scavenge for food or go hungry.  It did no good telling to the scoutmaster that I was being targeted and robbed on each and every outing.  Overheard snide comments he would make behind my back made me believe he was in on the redistribution.

"Then Man Up and quit showing off by bringing unnecessary foods" was the closest I got to getting him to admit that it was happening.

It took a couple big bags of mint meringue melt-away cookies with coarse grated Hershey's chocolate folded into them to put a stop to it.  On the way to the camp site I had shared generously with the entire group and they all knew I was the one who had brought those cookies.

The several dozen cookies in two bags I allowed them to steal out of my pack while I was studiously not watching it (actually they robbed me within 10 minutes of arriving at the camp site) were something quite different.  I'd had my mom use Ex-Lax (a fairly potent laxative in chocolate form) in place of the Hershey's for those bags.  It turned out she too had tried speaking to the scoutmaster about my food being stolen even though I'd asked her not to and when she was told by him that I was just being a crybaby or some such she later admitted "I'm sorry, I butted in when you asked me not to.  How do you want to take this ba$t@rd out?"  >:(

It was amusing to watch as a mysterious malaise spread from member to member of the 24 members of the troop but it was particularly rewarding when the scoutmaster succumbed too and orders were issued (which I diligently ignored because it really wasn't my problem  >:D ) to hastily dig more latrines.  I took off and found other fun things to do.   ^+-+

When the scoutmaster called us all together and announced we were pulling up stakes two days early so sick members could go get treated for food poisoning I told him to "Man up and ride it out ya wimps!  Oh, and it might help if you all try practicing the Scout Law and quit eating those Ex-Lax cookies my mom made that your stinking model scout thugs have stolen out of my back pack.

Things didn't really get better after that but my food was left alone.   >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Art Blade

That story makes me angry about those nobodies that turn into evil dictators once given some power. Spineless people with pronounced profile neurosis shouldn't be given any leading position, especially not when kids are involved who can't defend themselves. >:((

Nice thinking, mandru, and I bet it was somewhat satisfactory although it doesn't change a thing. I had to live through something somehow related and know what it feels like. All my victories left a bad taste. I'd rather not have had to fight than to win against such poor souls. :-\\

retiredgord

:-D When your vehicle is stopped, you are  a hundred yards away and the animal life still manages to run into it and kill themselves...like the 3 zebras just recently  :laugh: :laugh:

Art Blade

Oh yes indeed, they keep doing that, don't they, stupid buggers  :-()

mandru

I can sympathize Gord.  I often catch myself calling the gazelles torpedoes.
- mandru

fragger

:laugh: Gazedoes?

Quote from: Art Blade on November 14, 2011, 03:40:07 PM
Oh yes indeed, they keep doing that, don't they, stupid buggers  :-()

They do have a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time:

[smg id=3814 align=center width=400]

mandru

Quote from: fragger on November 15, 2011, 05:22:20 AM
:laugh: Gazedoes?

:laugh:

Good one fragger.  :-X

By the way fragger that pic would make an excellent where in FC2 is this.  It's got me stumped.   ???

I could only make a few guesses based completely on elimination.  You know, little clues like "Well, it can't be there because the light pole shows that the GPs on the wrong side of the road and it can't be from there because that place doesn't have zebras!."   ????

- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳