Assassination of the Wandering Suit near the Airfield

Started by retiredgord, May 25, 2009, 08:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

I decided with some spare time on my hands that I would see what kind of mission The Voice  on the cell tower would give me.  I was in the North East near Fort so I checked it out.  Voice told me my target of opportunity would be touring down near the Airfield and I was to eliminate him, and I thought , sounds cool.
I went back to the bus stop with little interference and boarded the bus for the long but restful trip.  I arrived and went to the safehouse nearby to change my load-out and to rest and "save" my energy from 1:30 t0 3:30 p.m.
When I left I had an AK, Dart and the 6P9. Well I needed to get out to the route so I grabbed the Assault Truck and headed East my friends.  Well I got near the route and saw a huge rock outcropping which I figured I could use as cover from any M/G fire that was returned my way.  Good choice after as the convoy was just coming into site  over by the next large rock.  I grabbed the Dart and got off a round which took out the gunner of the first vehicle. The driver just kept going so I popped  a round at the gunner of
the second and missed. Well they came for me and I just had enough time to jump behind the rock and get ready for the firefight.  That jerk of a gunner jumps OUT of the position and tries to take me down with his personal weapon instead of the M/G.  I got him first as he had no cover and I then went around the truck firing short burst and reloading till I got my driver buddy in my sights.  Oops, another ad in Mercs a Plenty later. ;) By this time the first guy was on his way back Eastward and Target was almost up his tailpipe.  Well I decided I was gonna move position so I could get a better lock on both when they came avisiting.
Up to the next rock with my truck and I parked and waited.  Sure enough in less time it takes Ricamundo to down a beer, there they were just a bouncing around.  I got in the turret and to give  both the vehicles alternating bursts of fire.  The lead truck met a fence of lead and he stopped and driver expired.  The target guy was still a coming and I put up another heavy wall of fire until his vehicle started a'smoking (and not cigarettes).  I let the gun cool for a bit , mmm maybe 10 seconds, and then just let'er rip until the damn thing had black smoke and blew up.  The sign came up..Mission Accomplished.  I though, cool, not a bad way to earn a few gems. I'm gonna head back and rest a bit.  I'm sure there a more adventures? out there yet. In fact, I seem to have lost a few pages somewhere.  Maybe I will find them and then I can reminise a bit later.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

Quoteand driver expired

Hahaha! Nice one, retiredgord! ;D ;D ;D  :-X

Good story too, was smiling all the time reading  :)  :-X

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Great story retiredgord.....
I like the pace of your writing, straight to the point  :-X

but that one desrves a toast

Quote from: retiredgord on May 25, 2009, 08:39:44 AM
Sure enough in less time it takes Ricamundo to down a beer, there they were just a bouncing around. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I write it as I take a sip of a cold one, on a moday, without my wife, after a 6 hrs gaming session... more to come tonight  ;D (and no, no remorse at all  8) )
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

that line about Ricamundo made me smile too :)

JRD, enjoy it, have fun!  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Thanks, I appreciate the input.  They are not Nobel Prize Winners but still are fun to write.  I may add a few other characters in the future if no one is offended.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

PZ

I agree!  The line about Ricamundo really caught my eye and interjects the membership of the forums into the story - great way to create our "band of brothers"  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳