FC2 Members Server

Started by DKM2, May 24, 2009, 05:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKM2

I've setup a PC server for members to play online..
So far I'm just testing it, dunno if it will be fast enough.

Server Name:  Far Cry 2 Server dk         password:  rjm

I'll be on and off it, maybe with luck we'll run into each other online.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

<squinting, gritting teeth> I'm comin'! I'm comin'!  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

nothing. checked again settings, whatever comes to mind, nothing. your server asks for a password, it responds if it is incorrect, but with the correct pw it takes a while and then I receive the meassage that I couldn't join and should try later. My PC seems to lock me out :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

Changed the name to DK Far Cry 2 Server tst
and no password.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

sorry, after testing everything I can think of, for me it's impossible to join (any server).  :(

DKM2

ya, seems strange.
only thing I can think of is turning your firewall on,
but make sure FC2 is in the exception list.
Likely is, but....

Art Blade

tried everything. It is included in the exception list, but even shutting down the firewall doesn't change a thing. Played around with my ICMP settings, the DSL settings, everything I can think of. After failure I resetted everything back to what it was before playing around. Strange, really. And annoying, had I bought the game in the hope of a good online MP time... which wasn't my intention though. Gave it a try just to meet with you lot. Well... can't seem to solve it. Perhaps a matter of a new patch...

PZ

Strange indeed...

DKM2 - are you considering posting a calendar of when your server will be online for scheduled games?

DKM2

Yeah a calendar would be good for when people usually play, I'd like to keep it up 24/7 though.
Everything is pretty much set to defaults, so I haven't customized it yet.

I have had my problems with it thou.
The router losing the IP sometimes is the worst.
Found a background process that was causing probs (protein folding), fixed that.
No one has really been on yet, except me, looks like any other game I see though,
but maybe people can't get in? don't try?  9999 ping? I see it though, so I dunno.

Art Blade

the sad thing is, I saw you (1/16 players).

PZ

I'll plan on getting on my PC some time this afternoon (3-ish Pacific time) to see if I can see your server and log in.

DKM2

okay, that'd be great, about 6pm est for me or later.

PZ

DKM2 - I just installed the calendar (check the menu bar beneath the FC2 logo) and placed a test event entry for your server test.  The events are automatically entered into a new board called "Events" as well.  Please reply if the server name is wrong or other information is necessary.

DKM2

Hey, that's cool. the name is fine.

PZ

Hey DKM2 - I see your server in the list, but when I try to connect, FC2 responds: "Cannot join match at this time. Please try again later."

Art Blade

I get the same message, even if the server stats is "waiting" rather than "started".

DKM2

sigh.
ok, did you see anyone playing it?
was there a ping?
join other games?

Art Blade

that's PZ's call. I already gave up (read previous posts...)

PZ

Quote from: DKM2 on May 26, 2009, 03:43:04 PM
sigh.
ok, did you see anyone playing it? 1/16
was there a ping? yes, 9999
join other games? yes, and yours looked the same in the listings as all other games (ping 9999)

See above - I'm at a loss if all the proper ports and protocols are open on your router...

DKM2

hmmmm, 9999 means no ping.
most of the games I just seen had pings, but usually I can join the 9999 ones too.

Hmmm, okay I'm gonna try another router, I got quite the collection now, stupid things.
I'll check the settings etc. can't tonight thou, maybe much later.
Another guy I've been helping get his games started on his server might give me a few hints.
Almost there!

Thanks Guys.

Art Blade

that could have been me... PZ, have you ever managed to join any server with your PC? (I didn't)

DKM2

that 1/16 was me, just wandering around blowing things. :)

Art Blade

heh, when I saw you then, and couldn't join, I started my own server publicly (no one joined, and I walked abouts... I noticed the dart rifle is way more powerful than in SP)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on May 26, 2009, 04:01:43 PM
that could have been me... PZ, have you ever managed to join any server with your PC? (I didn't)

Yes, I can join other games, but I get killed right away!  ;D

PZ

DKM2 - have you tried direct connect online?  If that works, you could post your server IP address in the calendar at the time you start a session.  Then users could visit the calendar to pick up the IP.

Tags:
🡱 🡳