can't connect to any server?

Started by Art Blade, May 24, 2009, 01:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Hello,

some of the members actually persuaded me... I'm now registered with Ubi and should be able to play online. FC2 online profile is working, I get stats (none so far, haha) and if I try custom games, a server list is being displayed. Only every server has a ping of 9999. I tried quick games, deathmatch, ranked and not ranked, well, everything.

I either get the message "no suitable server found" (which means "never found any you could connect to") or "unable to join now, please try again later"

I even disabled my firewall just to make sure it's not that, same result.

Now... anyone out there any ideas what I could do/try to make it w@&k (I'd like to play at least once)?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

Do you have a router?
you may have to disable its firewall
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

no, no router.
silly problem... doesn't make sense to me what's happening. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

hmmmm, in my game the network options are set as;
Detect Public Address: ON

Scan for free port: ON
and the ports in this order top to bottom
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

Art Blade

meanwhile, changed to NO, changed kbyts values 512/512, still nothing.

I wonder, I heard that MP is not supposed to run with wide screen settings (strange as that is) - has anyone widescreen resolution and the corresponding checkbox enabled?

DKM2

you do have the 1.02 patch right?

Art Blade

Art Blade

I've just finished playing my first MP session.  :)

Since I have a dual boot system and FC2 had been installed on my XP partition (there I haven't been able to join) I used to play FC2 on that XP system rather than on my recent win7. Today I thought maybe the game starts from w7 and using the FC2.exe rather than the game launcher it indeed did. My firewall asked me if I wanted to allow FC2 and I agreed. I use my old UBI account and I can now play FC2 SP and MP. Side effect is that I'm now even playing on directX 10, all maxed out, looks nice  ;D

JRD

Can you get us some before / after pics?  :-D

I'm curious... you know... new rig and all... ::)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

It's still the same rig (just a different OS) -- and I really don't see much of a difference between dx9/dx10. It just looks nice because the game gfx is  nice  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳