Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Started by Hacko, May 19, 2009, 12:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hacko

I just picked up this game yesterday. I played this series before and thought I would pick this one up. It is similar in gameplay to the other ones, but better visuals and the AI seems better. I am having fun so far with it, but haven't gotten too far in yet.

Anyone else have this game?

PZ

That was the first shooter that I bought for the PS3!  I still have it, but have played it through twice - I love the WWII theme, and the lighting is superb in my opinion.  **SPOILERS**

A couple of places I liked (my memory is a little shaky, it's been so long)

• In an open field during daylight where there are downled gliders - there is a shack that has a sniper rifle in it.
  • One of the night time scenes where the town square is lit up with what looks like strings of party lights.
  • The roof top near the end where you are set up as a sniper looking down over a town.
  • Driving in the tank - kind of cheesy, but fun!

Hacko

I like the action camera, you know the slow motion head shot camera. :-X That would be cool in FC2.

It would also be cool to have teams of Mercs to control, like Brothers in Arms. Could you imagine attacking a GP or doing a mission attacking from different directions. ;D

PZ

Very cool indeed; the detail is gruesomely vivid, and I agree, controlling a group of 3-4 buddies in FC2 would be great.  BIA is rather linear - would be marvelous if it was open world like FC2, but then I probably never would have started with FC2.

There is another older game Medal of Honor:Airborne which is quite open world, but because of it's age, the graphics are not stunning like in BIA.  None the less, I enjoy that game as well because of the WWII theme.

Hacko

I have been playing WWII games for quite a few years, BF42, RTCW,COD,and a few others I can't remember in my pre-senile years. :P

I love the slow mo cam, I blew up a sandbag emplacement earlier, and bodies went flying. ;D

Art Blade

there was this slomo cam in F.E.A.R. which was pretty funny while online... the voices were like in slomo too... funny if someone got shot, slowly blowing his brains going "EEEeeeaaaaaaoooouuuuhh...." lol
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Hacko

Hidden and Dangerous series was also another good WWII game series. :-X

Fiach

Have a friend really likes BIA HH, I'm not a fan of squad shooters though. Battlefield BC is pretty cool though.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Just for kicks, I played a bit of BIH:HH on the console this morning.  I forgot how much fun it is - linear, but because I had played through before I just did the chapters that I wanted to relive.  The cut scenes were fun to watch again - as I recall, it is quite a story. 

There were a couple of chapters where I was a squad leader in command of two units at a time from the following three types:

• Assault team - two soldiers
  • MG team - three
  • Bazooka - three
Evidently you are assigned these teams dependent on the objective - for instance a German MG42 emplacement in the top of a Church tower - needed to assign that to the bazooka team.  Initially I was not fond of controlling the squads, but today I had quite a bit of fun doing so.  I actually felt bad one time because I sent my assault squad to a position, and they were ambushed and killed.

As part of the squad fun, I'm becoming proficient at keeping them alive while they do my bidding very easy to control them - only two buttons: one to cause the team to move to a position, and another to cause them to fire on a target.

The fun part was assigning them to keep the enemy busy while I flanked the foe, which caused them to panic, stand up, and be gunned down by my MG crew.  Although linear, you can do a great variety of techniques when controlling the teams, which fulfills my "experimentation" needs.

While I only have the console version, I think that I'll look for the PC version on the bargain shelves - worth it just for the mouse aiming ability (I still hate my PS3 controllers for aiming)

Tags:
🡱 🡳