Driving Stunts

Started by spaceboy, May 18, 2009, 08:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

I love vehicular manslaughter at the place in Leboa where you get your envelope for the jackal/predecessor tapes.  It's off on the lower right not far from the bus stop with the flare gun on the table.  There's so much room to do 180s and drive around while they run and shoot.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Indeed!  That is a great place because it is so open and relatively flat - road kill in no time...

Art Blade

Quote from: spaceboy on May 18, 2009, 08:41:27 AMThere's so much room to do 180s

Are you just turning or power-sliding? (I'm interested if the "funny tip" works for you)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Oh, it's a true 180.  I've been doing them since the beginning in FC2 (I think anytime I'm in a vehicle in a video game I try to do 180s - since I can't do them in real life).  But I haven't yet tried your tip to do a power slide.  Mines more of a 180 and stop.  I do want to try what you described to slide sideways - it'd be great to slam sideways and pin a merc between your truck and something else - could make for a great screen cap.

Art Blade

I do come to a stop myself, that's essentially why I do it... parking. Only with a hell of a lot of rubber and dust :) It could w@&k to slam a merc into a wall with that, given he doesn't run away when you try that :)

When you say 180, no power slide, does that mean you simply turn the car around in one go (no handbrake)?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Handbrake.  Otherwise, it's just a turn.  I've got one at the end of the video Assassinate Anto Kankaras. It's got a good amount of dust trail spitting up.

Art Blade

alright, I remember having watched it before, and I forgot to comment on it. Well, you pretty much did what I meant in my tip. Now I'm wondering if I wrote some kind of gibberish there :o :-[

spaceboy

nah, what you described sounded to me originally like a powerslide vs. a 180 - I still haven't tried it.  But maybe if you start the same with the handbrake but halfway through let go of the handbrake and straighten the wheel - maybe turn it just a bit the opposite direction...if you've got enought momentum (downhill might help) hopefully you can skid sideways for a bit.  I'd like to try this 1) coming head on into a "parking" spot, 2) slide into a low rock to see if you can roll the truck, and 3) pinning a merc. 

Art Blade

I recently did that by accident - sliding around a corner on grassy grounds on a slope next to a safehouse. Was a strange feeling, goind kind of sideways with a truck :)

Art Blade

just thinking, maybe split this off at reply #22 making a new topic like driving stunts, 180 vs power slide or something like that?

spaceboy

Done.  Thanks for good suggestion Art.  :-X

Continue discussion of driving stunts.................NOW!

retiredgord

Haven't tried the 180 or power slides yet but I did have  fun when being chased is to go full-speed and then (on PS3) hit x so I start to use the mounted gun.  By the time I've gotten the turret turned around I have a whole bunch of targets.  Myabe not original but fun for me.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

I think I know what you mean - are you speaking of using momentum? Like, your car keeps running, although slowing down, while you man the turret? If so, that is something I do myself. It is fun to veer away from (or opposite, drive towards) the enemies, yet being able to inflict massive damage to them at the same time :)

What I also like to do is ram Datsuns and or try to push them aside... it's somewhat like boarding an enemy ship  ;D

PZ

haha, this morning I was playing with the southeast bus stop Datsun Dummies - we were playing chicken and no one chickened out - my assault truck ended up on top of the Datsun, with me standing on top of the truck!  As luck would have it, the dummy also ended up on top of the truck right next to me.  A quick chop with the rusty lawn mower blade and it was all over, except the laughter, of course.  ;)

Art Blade

LOL!

you know what's coming next... the merc going...

Well, look what we got...  ;D ;D ;D

PZ

hahahahohohohehehe!!!  :-X

Art Blade

this line isn't funny in itself. But the many times we were mentioning it and laughing about it, makes me nearly drop off my chair when I come close to some mercs and one of them actually drops that line! The last time it happened I completely lost my aim and got killed LOL

PZ

There's another one that I dearly love to hear, partly because of the melodious voice (you all remember this one)

"Blast him..."

Art Blade

That's the one you get from the dull and brisk mercs. The cowardly ones go "oh no, it's him !"  ;D I love these :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳