Not able to go into "cease fire" zone !!!

Started by Bitfrotter, May 17, 2009, 10:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitfrotter

@all,

I am not sure where to begin but I am in act two in the south and after doing some missions I am not able to walk in the a "cease fire" zone without getting attacked immediately. Also I waited out of sight from a jeep patrol but they found me at the hiding spot, even when I did not move or shoot. Someone out here that experienced this also.

I have searched but was not able to find something related.

Greetings,
Bitfrotter

Art Blade

The getting-spotted problem I think will happen eventually to everyone.

About the main issue, cease fire zone... do you get any warning messages? Usually you need to provoke a merc's death (run him over, set him on fire, shoot him) and the town is after you. That moment a message pops up and stays on the screen telling you to leave the zone and loose your attackers. Drive/walk/swim away to get outside the boundaries, (new message telling you that you safely escaped) and then come back.

If none of the above has happened and still got a problem... then I reckon it's a glitch, a bug, a massive error... Try get older save games or different savegames (download section of this site, yet only with DLC at the moment) and see if the problem persists. If that is the case... I'd un- and re-install.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Bitfrotter,

You may have already tried, but when you enter and the alert turns on, are you able to then escape town and essentially reset the alert system?
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Bitfrotter

As far as I know I did not receive any warning or shoot a merc or provoke a merc in any other way. The first time I experienced this was coming out of a safe-house, that was away from the main road and before I got a chance to do something there where 2 merc patrols coming at me. When I get home I will do some more testing.

The last time I experienced this was when I got an assasination mission and wanted to walk peacefully into Sefapane. Before I reached the perimeter they came towards me and started shooting.

Will also try some old saved games to see if I can figure out when it started.

Greetings,
Bitfrotter

JRD

I had this problem once... I drove into Pala and the mercs were attacking me at sight.. I didn't do anything (I swear) to be attacked.
Reloaded a previous saved game, just a few minutes back, went to Pala again and all was well.
Maybe reloading a previous (maybe quite behind if it fails the first time) will do.
Hope it works
Let us know what happened so we can help you out if necessary!!
Good luck
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

One more thing to try - when you go into town and they come after you, kill one of them and then run out of town to escape.  Shooting/killing one of the mercs might reset the software.

RedRaven

as PZ says below but drop all your I,E,D,s as tou leave and take the cheeky gits out with a bang.!. other way is to stick I,E,D,s to a vehicle and drive it into the area and blow them before they start chasing, couple of mlolotovs tend to make em think twice about chasing you too.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Quote from: Bitfrotter on May 18, 2009, 07:12:24 AMwas coming out of a safe-house, that was away from the main road

Ohmygod... you didn't actually go into a safehouse, did you?  ;)

Ok, seriously, I think PZ's got a great idea about trying to actually do what those mercs pretend you have done. Might indeed reset the routine.

I was just thinking, maybe you could upload a savegame in which you have the problem... might be fun for some people to get an extra hostile environment :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: Bitfrotter on May 18, 2009, 07:12:24 AM

The last time I experienced this was when I got an assasination mission and wanted to walk peacefully into Sefapane. Before I reached the perimeter they came towards me and started shooting.

Greetings,
Bitfrotter

That exact thing happend to me last night on the same mission, I walked from the bus station into town and just as I got to the "cease fire" boundry I heard gunfire coming from town. Of course I was attacked but a quick Rambo action allowed me to get in and get the job done.  ;D Next time I play I´ll take a little trip to Sefapane to check things out.

Foghorn Leghorn

Hi Bitfrotter,

Is it possible you walked into one of those "off-limits" zones in town?  I mean the ones that are marked in red on the maps....

Art Blade

that would have caused the warning message he never got.

PZ

"Blast him..." [in a deep african voice]

Art Blade

I admit, that is a nice one too. Or three.

Bitfrotter

@all,

My apologies but I played along and had some difficulties to eliminate all the mercs. Then I saved the game and did not pley for a while. When I loaded the last saved game and started playing I noticed it was happening less then before. After saving once more it finally did not happen anymore. Is it also possible that this happened because I used the AS50 sniper rifle. It makes such a noise that it alerts mercs that are a long way away. I ultimately finished the game with all 1000 diamonds and 43 side missions. However I killed a buddy to soon so I missed some buddy missions. After my vacation I will start another run with some tips from you guys to get through some missions. Thanks for the help.

With kind regards,

Bitfrotter

Art Blade

Have a nice vacation, Bitfrotter! Good to know everything in FC2 turned out to be alright. Looking forward to reading from you when you're back :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳