OWG FC2 PC Multi-player & Top 40 Chart

Started by DKM2, May 17, 2009, 03:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

thanks, will do... meanwhile, keep fighting, you're our pride...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Hacko

My FC2 multiplayer name is Hacko84.

PZ

OK guys,
DKM2's MP server (PC only, sorry console guys) thread is now listed in the "You need these..." block on the main page - click the link to see the latest online persona's as well as the latest server name.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Hacko

I was on the server around 8pm (pacific time) tonight, and there were 16 people on.I saw that DK was on it for awhile. Good games. :-X

DKM2

haha, man those games were crazy! I didn't see ya, too many beers to see anything.    ;)
I fixed it up this morning, longer time and score per match.
I'll likely be around tonight too.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

DKM2

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

DKM2

Whole new map rotaion is up, all custom maps now,
including four by OWG's member Pac!ent.

Awesome maps by Pac!ent too.

Pac!ent

Guys I add to the download area my new map -  Sphinx.
Maybe you would like to try it out. Hope you will like it.
Have fun ;)

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

DKM2

Wow, looks awesome. I'll definitely check it out tonight.
I like maps that keep with the Africa theme, North Africa here I come!

Maybe I'll leave w@&k early today..  cough, cough...       ;)

PZ

Incredible, Pac!ent - your maps are the best I've seen on the 'net.  I can't believe how stunning the graphics are  :-X

Are you going to add this one to your map rotation DKM?

DKM2

Ya, they are, fun to even run around in LAN mode by yourself.

I have a whole new map rotation system now, so I'm going to review them all this weekend.
Some of standard ones have got to go, there are a few I just don't like.

I can now run up to 128 maps in a random order, so you hardly ever see the same map
come up or know which one is next.
I think I only have about 40 in my collection though.
It's a little crazy, and I don't know how people feel about that, maybe some like playing the same ones over and over???

If nothing else, it's different than any other server.

spaceboy

I'm jealous of those maps and playing with OWG members.  Wish I could join you guys, but alas no cross-platform MP.  :'(   
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I'd play more MP on the PS3 if I didn't hate the aiming using the controller on the console so much - I just can't get the hang of how the controller turns you slowly at first, then woosh... a rapid acceleration way past your intended aim point.  For me, the console is OK when doing the rather predictable  movements of the AI, but when it comes to the chaotic movements of real people online, my skills are just not enough, and probably never will be  ;D (Yes, I've tried adjusting the controller settings, but nothing really helps  :'(

Pac!ent

Yesterday I uploaded my new map here to the download section, but I cant find it lol :D
If you want see more screenshots and got a link for download, you can find it here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3171037696/m/7341036577
Thanks a lot for your all positive feedback about my maps !
Love you too ;)

DKM2

I found it, got it from your site. (can't read the language but found my way around)
Lots of hiding spaces and doesn't favor snipers, but they can still do their thing.
You can get on top of the sphinx, pretty suicidal though I think.
All and all, just nice to look at, I'll include it.
Maybe I'll see ya around your server DM.

On another note I'm quite amazed, in such a short time I've seen over 2400 players.
a third of which have come back more than once.

Art Blade

I like reading how the two of you are working together and how people return to the server. Great job, both of you :)

Indeed, Pac!ent, you maps are looking fantastic, nice themes, and the screenshots are beautiful. Thanks again for keeping us posted up  :-X

PZ

DKM2 - congratulations on your successful server; even though I've not visited yet, I plan to one of these days, but I regularly check the stats listing - amazing that you have so many repeat visitors.

Pac!ent - my fault that the download didn't show - was still sitting in the approvals listing.  It should be visible now. Sorry, my friend!

EDIT: DKM2 - I don't know if you used the link to Pac!ient's site that is in our top menu bar, but that link uses Google translator to translate most of his site into English.

Art Blade

yes, already downloaded it ;D By the way, man, the download is so quick!! I clicked it, and already reading "download complete" for 2.8 megs.  :-X

Pac!ent

Nice to know that you was able navigate there even without translation  :-X
But as PZ say - you can find on your site link to the translated version. And in the left upper corner of our site - link to this site :)
As for map "descripton" - yes, I wanted to let this map good not only for gunners and other "rifles" classes, but for snipers as well, because everybody sometime want to take that weapon and have some fun. But in this map you have to be good sniper, because otherwise you going down quicly  :P
Ok, so thx again for your feedback and I promise that I will post here about all my new maps in future. Btw, this site is no doubt the best FC2 fun site atm, so why not ;)
See you in the game :)

Art Blade

looking forward to it :) Our site is what our members make of it, so thanks for helping us with your w@&k :)  :-X

Pac!ent

DKM2, Please !!!! Can you tell me how you made that top 40 chart ?
Its some kind of sowtware which read real data from your server ?!? If yes, and if you can share this knowledge, it would be one of the greatest news for me. So please let me know. Thx in andvance ;)

DKM2

Ya its an application I made myself, similar to Mchats extender.

Right now its not particularly user friendly in that I have hard coded a lot and there is no help.
Basically it monitors the console output for messages like "DKM2 killed ZXY."
I take that info and put it into a database, +1 kill for DKM2, and +1 death for ZXY.
(all before ZXY can say "wtf?")    :P    ;D
Then every hour I sort the database by kills and make a report,
which then gets ftp'd here to the board, by PZ's good grace.
Just the first page though, 40 is what fits on a single page.
But in the game it does announce to everyone when a player logs on if they are in the Top 200.
I think there's about 60 different items I track for each player like that,
a lot of it isn't particularly useful, but I keep them anyways, just in case.

I haven't decided about releasing it, still needs some major cleaning up.
I just did it for fun, and it just grew.

PZ

Well, "you da man", DKM2 when it comes to being one of our most knowledgeable tech guys.  I'm impressed with the top 40 chart, and that it updates so regularly.  As I mentioned, I almost never go MP, but I do regularly check the chart!  :-X

Pac!ent

DKM2 thx for reply. That tool could be really "hot", if you would be able to release. Whole community asking for smth like that and still nobody made it, but you can become real "star" and all would be gratefull to you if you do so ;)
So please let us know if you will consider release, I would be one of the first who want to use it ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳