Specs

Started by JRD, March 17, 2009, 12:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Hello pzrzao...
I just saw the "Specs" in the menu above.
I think there's something misplaced in that table (maybe you are fixing it right now, if so... sorry to hush you man!!).
I'm playing Leboa with the Grenade Launcher M-79 purchased, but the table says its in Bowa convoy 1!!
Also I can't see the FAL paratrooper anywhere, its available in Leboa for sure, can't remember which convoy... will check it.
Something just hit me... you think there can be a difference in weapons availability from PC to PS3 and XBOX 360?
Hope not eh??
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Man, you're fast my Brazilian friend!
True, I wanted to build a weapons convoy page, and I found this information on another site - it looked to me as if things were missing too - (I kind of remember the AS50 on Bowa Convoy 1), but my memory is too bad as I age.  In any case I was going to ask for feedback so that we can get the list correct.

JRD

Hahahahaha... yeah, I'm fast... hahahahahaha
I keep the FC2maps screen always open here in the office - my boss doesn't care about that - so I'm checking it thousands of times a day ...
Well, I checked the Prima Official Game Guide and arranged the info of convoys so you can update it.
However I noticed a few things wrong in advance...
First things first:
Here is a list of weapons available during the game, in parentesis is the price of the weapon

Start of act I (Leboa-Sako)

G3-KA4 (6)
Homeland 37 (4)
M1903 (10)
IED (10)
Makarov (4)
"Magic" Crates (1W-12; 2W-6; SW-6) - I see a mistake here. As I remember, prices are higher here  (easy to check on early saved games)

Convoy 1

Flare pistol (4)
Silent Makarov 6P9 (6)
Star.45 (6)

Convoy 2

AK-47 (10)
MAC 10 (10)
PKM (10)

Convoy 3

Silent MP-5 (20)
SPAS-12 (10)

Convoy 4

Dragunov SVD (20)
Dart Rifle (10)
RPG-7 (20)

Start of Act II (Bowa-Seko)

FAL Paratrooper (10)
Eagle .50 (10)
UZI (20)

Convoy 1

M-79 Grenade launcher (20) - I'm sure its available in Leboa, maybe convoy 3, but we better check this one
M-249 SAW (20)

Convoy 2

AR-16 (20)
Type 63 Mortar (20)

Convoy 3

AS50 (35)
MGL-140 (35)
LPO-50 (20) - Again, this one is misplaced here. I'm sure its available in Leboa, maybe convoy 4.

Convoy 4

USAS-12 (35)
Carl Gustav (35)

I was trying to copy + paste a .doc table to make things easier for you, but it didn't w@&k.
Any ideas on how to upload a table? I plan to increase the info here adding things like price of upgrades or weapon stats (accuracy, reliability etc...).
Being part of this group since the farcry2world makes me feel like I should be contributing with something, other than comments and posts. Even if its just re-arranging info from a guide!! hahahahahaha

That's all I can arrange for now.
Will play a while tonight and maybe upload a few pics tomorrow.

PZ

Excellent w@&k jrderntl,
Let's keep an eye out for errors coming from the Prima guide too - I know that there are errors in their guide despite it's excellence.  That's a good idea about having the prices listed as well as the crates.  It might not be a bad idea to have recommendations about upgrades, and particular those about which bandoleers upgrade the ammo capacity of which weapons.  It looks like I'll need to create several Leboa/Bowa pages!

Dweller_Benthos

There are four weapon convoys in the south? I've only done three, and I've unlocked all weapons, unless I totally spaced and didn't mark down the fourth one. I'm getting ready to upload the convoy paths right now, let me know which one I might be missing.

The special weapon crate cost 20-25 I think, I know it was fairly expensive.

Just looked at the page here for them, might be a good idea to link to the maps for each mission.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Not sure if there are 4 missions or three - never paid much attention - the content is from other sites on the net as well as the Prima guide (which I know has errors, the special crate cost is one of them as jrderntl reported)

That's a great idea to link the weapons convoy listing to the mission maps.  I've also started individual weapons pages that will have cost, hit damage, accuracy, range, etc.  These will link to the main weapons page where you will be able to click the weapon and go to the individual weapon stats page.

On a general note, the advantage of having data like we're creating on our site is the power of multiple linking paths - to transparently go between maps, mission descriptions, and even links to the forums threads involved in those areas of the maps/missions.  Combine that with actual screen caps and you now have an extremely powerful game walk through.

Great job guys...

Ricamundo

Ive been trying to figure out how long i have to wait till i can buy the ammo upgrades. I've done all the buddy, cell tower, and gun guy missions, as well as 2 mains, and i'm still seeing the lock on some of the ammo upgrades, especially wanted is the one for the dart gun. The swamp boat reliability upgrade is still locked as well, dammit. ::)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

JRD

Just checked old saved games to see weapons unlocked for each convoy
pzrzao, you have the correct list on the specs menu as far as I can tell.
I just want to add the magic crates

Primary weapon - 16 diamonds
Secondary weapon - 8 diamonds
Special weapon - 24 diamonds

And maybe you want to have the weapons available at the beginning of each act, the PKM was missing in the firs list

Act 1

G3-KA4 (6)
Homeland 37 (4)
M1903 (10)
IED (10)
Makarov (4)
PKM (10)

Will confirm Act 2 today and wil get back to you.

PZ

Thanks jrderntl,
I appreciate you researching the accuracy of the items we post on the menus and will incorporate your recommendations.

Ricamundo, as far as I recall you need the marksman's bandoleer for the dart rifle which is not available until you do weapons missions in Bowa (don't recall any of the details, but I'm working on pages that reference this kind of thing.)

JRD

Updating info...

When you move south, besides some new weapons available right on start, before the first Armsdealer mission, you have some equipments available as well.
Here is a list of those availabe right in the beginnig of act II. In parentesis is the price

Webbing (10) - +30 ammo capacity (??)
Assault (10) - +30 ammo capacity (effective for primary assault weapons)
Marksman (15) - +4 ammo capacity (effectiver for sniper rifles)
Rocketeer (15) - +1 ammo capacity (effective for rocket launchers)
Pyrotechnic - +100 ammo capacity (+1 molotov) (effective for the flame thrower)
Gunner (15) - +1 ammo capacity (??)
Large medkit (25) = + 1 syrette...

PZ, I'm playing Hardcore, but I think what each bandoleer increase is the same on each difficulty level.....
... what kind of weapons they are effective to is still confusing to me, so we better confirm, just to add a precise info on the menu... I'll keep an eye on it
As I progress on  act II, I'll feed you up with more info...

RedRaven

hi, JRD says above his list of weapons/convoys is from prima guide. just wondering if its platform specific, cos i`m playing on PC and the order is a bit different ???
The ammo upgrades seem to increase more with lower difficulty settings. will confirm that later and post weapon/convoy list too.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Hi dke58.
Yes, the first compilation of info was from the prima guide, but PZ had it right latter and what you see at the specs menu is the right sequence of weapons availability.
I think the ammo upgrades increase the same amount of ammo (+30 rounds on assault rifles for instance), but you can carry more ammo on lower difficulty levels (150 total on easy, 120 on normal and so on)

PZ

You guys have hit upon a good point - the Prima guide is good, but I notice that there are errors, or at least there had been changes in the game subsequent to the compilation of the data for the guide.  As we get more data into the Specs/mission guides, etc, please don't hesitate to post things that you find in error.

RedRaven

hi all, apologies for week long absence, after a 13+ hour session on FC2 ( and far too much alcohol ) was bit ill !!!
Currently compiling a list of weapon stats (with&without upgrades), and when they become available, will also include the differences each difficulty level (bit of trivia really but may be useful to some of you out there)
probably get posted this eve but thought would let you know ...
P.S. on the subject of accuracy found out the each shot from any shotgun class weapon counts as 7 shots. just a little odd bit of info for you.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Thanks dke58
The more info we can gather here, the more rich and helpfull the site becomes to users.
No problem about trivia, I think its quite nice to have all info available.
Keep up the good w@&k and thanks for contributing  :-X

PZ

I'll echo JRD's comment - I love reading of the discoveries that our members post!   :-X

Great to see you again dke58, and glad that you've recovered!  8)

Art Blade

welcome back, dke58

The info about those shotguns is important if you care about statistics, your overall accuracy. Thanks for that :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳