Patches

Started by DKM2, May 12, 2009, 04:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKM2

If I upgrade from FC2 1.01 to 1.02, are all my saves scrap?
Because thats what it looks like.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

sorry, no idea. When I installed my game it found a patch all on its own and installed that straight away, patching to 1.02.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

ARGG!!!, damnit, the game won't run at all now, crashes
about 15 seconds into the main menu.   :'(

Looks like an uninstall of the whole thing and start over.   >:(

some days just aren't worth getting outta bed...
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

remove all previous save games first and try from scratch.

Then I heard that there was a special tool to properly uninstall and reset the count of maximum installations... perhaps check manual or ubi etc about limited installations (5 installs on 3 PCs max)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

also, maybe remove those ini/cfg files and see if it helps

Dweller_Benthos

I had the patch installed and can load the old save games that were posted on FC2world, and I don't think they were saved under the patch, doubt it was out yet. Sorry to hear you're having problems, my patch went smooth as much as I remember.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

My recent fresh installation also downloaded and upgraded automatically - I didn't have a choice.  As to uninstalling, I got the impression that if your computer remained online while you did the un-installation, the UBI authentication server would re-increment your installation number.

Art Blade

that's interesting and sounds reasonable (comparatively)

DKM2

Okay all good now, I uninstalled it all and began fresh.
My own fault I suppose, I had 1.01 with the NoCD thing and updated to 1.02 with it still there.

Got the DLC now too.
Note: uninstall removes everything including the registry entries, which is good.

All my old saves are gone now (320+ saves, wow), but the good news is I get start again!

Art Blade

About time you got back, son  ;)

That's good news that everything worked out fine for you. Maybe you can download a savegame dke58 has uploaded (or is about to).

Tags:
🡱 🡳