Idle Mercs

Started by TheFishlord, May 08, 2009, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFishlord

I'm not sure where to put this, but I want it to be kind of like a compilation of all the things you see the mercs doing in their idle times. Bullet them and bold them if you have any others please.

-Eating off a plate
-Eating a sandwich
-Eating a candy bar, and littering the wrapper
-Barbecuing something
-Smoking
-Panning for gold
-Fishing
-Applying deoderant
-Cleaning guns
-Tying shoes
-Chatting
-Sleeping
-Drinking
-Pissing
-Reading maps
-(I think) Fantasizing about shooting some one, they pull out their pistol and pretend to fire
-Sharpening their machete

Any others?

JRD

- Trying to get a cell phone signal
- Burping... ok, not a thing to do while idle, but retiredgord just saw it and I think it deserves a place on the list  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

JRD

- Doing push ups
I think D_B mentioned he saw a couple of mercs - boxing

By the way... great post TheFishlord... we all love to see details like that on FC2  :-X

PZ

To echo JRD, excellent post, TheFishlord!  That was a great idea to start a thread on merc activity, and one heck of a good list for starters.  I can't personally add anything right off the top of my head.

spaceboy

I don't suppose blowing themselves up constitutes and activity, does it?  I like the list.  Great idea.  After playing for so long, these mercs are like old friends (that want to kill you)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

cool idea there, TheFishlord

-grabbing ammo from ammo crate
-leaning against a wall with one hand
-sitting on a beercrate drinking beer, put bottle back in
-cleaning fingernails
-reloading/repairing firearms (rifle)
-scanning area with field glasses
-repairing a plane using a blowtorch
-laying on ground admiring environment/enjoying weather

well, that's what springs to mind so far :)
btw, LOL @ applying deodorants  :-X never seen that
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

I saw another lately. I was on my way on a mission and snuck near a G/P, can't remember where, and as I was watching their comings and goings for awhile I saw a merc LIGHT THE CAMPFIRE. I was amazed, second time and that's the first I saw that action.  Maybe cuz in the first game I always did things at night and this time I'm only taking minimal rests for saves.  I probably got there in time to watch this fellow start the fire so they could have Smores  and Hot Dogs later
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

nice observation there, retiredgord, never seen that one.

I've seen this here twice now:

merc rummaging through garbage on the ground, throwing away useless stuff, until finding either a bottle or a pack of cigs that he stuffs away in his pockets
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

This thread just keeps getting better..all these natural things that happen in FC2.  I haven't seen that type of details in any other game yet...unless I was busy getting injured or killed. Good observations Art.  I'm playing this round slower just to see some of these actions.  Maybe that merc is a former homeless person and just signed up through...wait for it.....MERCS A PLENTY magazine  (early post as an ad)

Art Blade

hahaha! @ mag mercs a plenty

I thought about that too, homeless...

by the way, I already watched a merc sitting on a beer crate, drinking beer, and put the empty bottle back into the crate. New was, another merc walking up, drinking his beer, handing the empty bottle over to the guy sitting on the crate, who then put that bottle back in too. Nice... :)

JRD

Some of those mercs read good literature, drink good wisky and have an environment friendly behavior.... too bad they shoot at sight or we could get along somehow...

... oh crap, then it wouldn't be FC2 and I would have to start shooting at sight to have some fun  ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

heh... I think it's ok we shoot them. Someone must have killed all those big animals (no elephants, lions, giraffes etc... sure those mercs had some "fun" with them)

PZ

It sounds like the time of day plays a significant role in how the merc behavior changes, i.e., lighting fires as it becomes cold and/or dark, etc.

Art Blade

wouldn't surprise me. The beer drinking happened around noon, and at night they doze off in dark corners or beds. I just love the game and it amazes me still how many details there are that you miss out on even if you're on the look-out :)

PZ

Exactly, when I get back on the PC, I'm going to set the ignore_player cheat so I can wander amongst the mercs and observe what they do up close and personal.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on May 21, 2009, 08:23:15 AMobserve what they do up close and personal.

... and then kill them if they start to get boring  ;D ;D ;D

retiredgord

Or kill them if they start bugging Michele or Flora.  They're our gals..until we have to  kill them for some reason. (hint, hint)

Art Blade

You only shoot them to impress the ladies. "Ma'am, here. Don't worry, I shot them scallywags. Ya know, it's kinda dangerous here. I insist you stay at my place tonite!" (wink)  ;D

deadman1

I was entering Mokuba on a mission to blow up a supplydump when I saw 2 mercs playing what looked like checkers ( I couldn´t see the board but there handmotion made me think of checkers or backgammon). I also overheard one of them say jokingly " just so you know, I always assume you cheat"

PZ

lol, that's a good one I've never heard.  Here's one I encountered today, although not during idle time, it is funny none the less - was driving through a GP when one of the mercs shouted: "shoot his tires out!"  I don't know if any of the others took his advice, but I was driving the Uni with the self-inflatable tires... ;D

Art Blade

ROFL!

nice finds, the two of you  :)

PZ

I overheard an interesting conversation between two mercs - they were discussing a friend that had been wounded and was recovering.  One of the mercs said "I was there when the Doctor lanced it."  to which the other replied "Really? What did it look like?" and the response "Hundreds of maggots - looked like spaghetti..."

spaceboy

PZ, are you hearing this while just being stealthy, in town, or are you using the trainer with ignore on?  I'm amazed you guys hear some of this stuff.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

lol, I heard that one a few times :) Like the guy with ants in his trousers (remember "barse"? the space between your bo...cks and your ar.. LOL)

I hope you don't mind me answering - my experience with lines like that - spaceboy, you can hear almost everything when you walk long enough around in the cease fire zones. No cheats needed for that, they will occasionally drop random lines, among which you'll find what is being posted here. Erm, apart from "shoot his tyres out" of course... cease fire...

Art Blade

there - just heard it in Port Selao:

"...it was big like a grapefruit. And?" "I was there when the doctor lanced it. Maggots, hundreds of maggots. It spilled down his knee, looked like a macaroni dinner."

LOL

Tags:
🡱 🡳