Where the #$%$^#% is that shooting coming from ?!?!?!?!

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 17, 2009, 08:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

So, I was attacking this guard post, and pretty much shot up the whole place from a distance, but was still getting shot at from somewhere. I finally got into the area and couldn't figure where this guy was. I could hear him shooting, was was taking damage, but couldn't see him. Finally followed the sound and walked up on a rock, only to find the guy INSIDE the rock with just his head sticking out a little... He would reload, and stick the gun up out of the rock and shoot at me. Tricky ba$t@rd. Took a few rounds to get it just right to kill him too.

[smg id=4818]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I think that the same rock shoots me every time I visit that guard post!  Throwing a grenade shuts him up for the moment...

JRD

Just like the beer bottle, I'veen this same guy and I think it's in the same GP. And yes, a grenade will do the trick.
Another funny thing I saw but never had a screenshot of it, was when you first get to the marina and kill all those mercs. When they were all down I walked in and somebody was shooting at me but I couldn't see him. A few syrettes latter I realised the wounded merc was under the water but right next to the dry land. He could see me and shoot at me without drowning but I couldn't... again, a grenade did the trick!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

It must be a misplaced spawn point for that guy, I went back and he was in the rock again, so he must spawn there. I need to go back with AI Ignore on and see what it looks like. Here's another screen of the top of his head and gun sticking out.

[smg id=4822]
D_B

PZ

Interesting, I've never seen any part of his body before - unrecognizable object bouncing around on my PS3 - do you recall exactly which guard post he is located at?  He deserves to be linked to the map in some way.

Dweller_Benthos

He's at this guard post, in the rock behind the shack

[smg id=4812]
D_B

PZ

Thanks D_B,
I'll add your screen cap to the location on the overview map.

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

PZ

I like this one better - at least I can see his hair color!  (I think that I recognize him as one of the town guys that gives me lip...)

Tags:
🡱 🡳