Platform Comparison

Started by Fiach, May 06, 2009, 11:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Found this for a gamefaq poster and figure it would have some relevence here :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/far-cry-2-triple-format-face-off-article
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Ricamundo

Interesting comparison. TBH, all 3 looked about the same to my old eyes. Which is to say all 3 looked great.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

That was cool - get to see the graphics side-by-side.  It appears to me that xBox is better than PS3 when placed next to one another.  The PS3 appears a bit washed out in comparison - almost like it is a bit foggy.  The xBox version has more vivid colors.  However, when you compare the PC, it is superior to the textures you see close up, and seems sharper under certain circumstances when looking at distant objects.  This is consistent with what I experienced on the PC vs. PS3 - I noticed things with the PC that had completely escaped my notice on the PS3.  However, when playing the game on either platform, the differences are small enough so that I really don't mind.

Great link Fiach, thanks for posting.

RedRaven

going to stay at friends saturday night so will take PC with me, set it up next to his PS3 and compare between the 2, will let you know which looks/performs better next week.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

nice :) you better had someone sober with you to do the comparing and all, though  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Quote from: Art Blade on May 07, 2009, 03:18:45 PM
nice :) you better had someone sober with you to do the comparing and all, though  ;D

I dunno, my gameplay skills are enhanced when i have a cold one at hand. I swear! ;)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

spaceboy

Quote from: Ricamundo on May 08, 2009, 01:18:11 AM
Quote from: Art Blade on May 07, 2009, 03:18:45 PM

I dunno, my gameplay skills are enhanced when i have a cold one at hand. I swear! ;)

I agree ricamundo!  It takes the edge off just a bit  - not just the alcohol per se, but the act of chilaxing with a drink.  (Unless of course I decide to take a sip in game only to be accosted by roadside bandits)

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy."
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

heh, haven't read that lobotomy line in a while... :)

I perfer coffee while gaming. no need to chillax, go hard, heavy, quick, supert-alert, ultra-fast firing mode, heart racing gameeeeee and my typing speed increases as well cant even seem to register those full stps and smekll annor ds<kdowepa< sdegg  sddf
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on May 08, 2009, 05:15:40 AM
not just the alcohol per se, but the act of chilaxing with a drink. 

That's my idea of chillaxing  ;D :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on May 08, 2009, 05:22:45 AM
heh, haven't read that lobotomy line in a while... :)

I perfer coffee while gaming. no need to chillax, go hard, heavy, quick, supert-alert, ultra-fast firing mode, heart racing gameeeeee and my typing speed increases as well cant even seem to register those full stps and smekll annor ds<kdowepa< sdegg  sddf

Remember that "Angry German Kid trying to play Unreal Tournament" video?
Now I know how Art looks like  ;D ;D ;D

But seriously, that vid would be funny if it wasn't sad...... no offense Art  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

none taken :) I'm not a kid, anyway. I'd be the teacher shooting all the kids then  :-*  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳