the early demo is available!

Started by spaceboy, May 06, 2009, 06:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

...and it's downloading as I write (12% complete).  A nice chap who calls himself TheExecutive on the Sucker Punch forums for inFamous tried the early demo code and it worked and he nicely informed the rest of us!  I think it's going to be a long night...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

... long, electrifying night spaceboy...
Looking forward for your vids tomorrow  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I can't wait spaceboy, and hope that you have the time to record a video one of these days!  Exciting, really exciting to see the first true gaming content in the new forums.

spaceboy

I think I will just try to play a bit and post thoughts tonight (it's still only at 40%) I will plan on trying to record something tomorrow night.  To quote Mr JRD "OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy"  The demo was supposed to be available 5/8 so I am very stoked it came early and someone shared the info.

spaceboy

Woo hoo that was fun!  The demo looks to give you several main and side missions with basically one of the 3 islands to run around in as you wish.  True to the open world or sandbox style you can go to accept a mission or just run around and have fun. 

The climbing is incredible intuitive.  Assassin's Creed blew away Tomb Raider in climbing, and now inFamous takes it another notch or two higher.  Simple to run, jump, grab, fly/coast and grab on another ledge.  Power slams, riding on electrical cables from building to building, coasting on train tracks.

Aiming takes a bit to get used to as you have to push L1 to "aim" and do anything other than melee.  I was getting used to it pretty quick, but it is a two button process for any electrical attacks which is not what I expected.

Graphics look great and the city is fun to explore.  I'll give more thoughts later, but I'm going to have to shut off for the night  :'( :'( :'(

Will look to get some video recorded soon.

JRD

Thats great news spaceboy... climbing in Assassn's Creed was amazing and if you say InFamous is even better, then I.... wait a minute, no, I think InFamous is no big deal, it can't be such a cool game after all... see nothing new in climbing buildings and stuff..... I don't even want to play it......  :'(

PZ

Sounds like a winner spaceboy, with a great open world nature!

JRD

The sandbox nature to choose when and where to accept a mission is something that I really like. FC2 and GTA are masters on the subject.... I think OFP2 won't allow players that kind of freedom during the campaign. I read that if you stray too much in the island you will run into enemy patrols and since there is a whole army depending on each others actions, if you take too long to accomplish your goals, the whole battle can be at risk.
Apparently there won't be much fooling around in OFP2...  :(

PZ

Maybe not, but you can understand the limitations when there is much coordination that needs to take place with larger campaigns as would be the case with OFP2 - as they say, timing is everything!

JRD

Quote from: PZ on May 07, 2009, 09:42:54 AM
Maybe not, but you can understand the limitations when there is much coordination that needs to take place with larger campaigns as would be the case with OFP2 - as they say, timing is everything!
Yeah... I understand... however, there is something like a quickmatch mode where you are thrown in an area with an objective to accomplish, apart from the campaign. That way you can fool around and play with vehicles and commands without compromising the main flow of the game  ;D ;D ;D

PZ

Well, it won't matter to me anyway because I've enjoyed games like Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway, and it was not even open world.  It is challenging to oversee a small group of soldiers to ensure that they are positioned correctly, fire appropriately, and are able to bring in the big guns when necessary.  Your posts have sold me on this one J!  :-X

spaceboy

Worked late tonight so nothing to post other than I completed the missions in the demo and it was very fun.  It is not an easy game though, it's a battle with these guys.  Destruction rains even when you're playing "good", you can't help it.  Cars flying everywhere.  Any citizen dense enough to hang around when a fight is ensuing is asking to get blasted into a wall.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳