Mercs are a burnin'

Started by retiredgord, May 06, 2009, 03:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

I thought I'd start this thread because of an unusual and somewhat amusing scene in todays play.  I happened to be out for a nice ride in the country on a beautiful sunny day when I was accosted by some very angry mercs. In the firefight that ensued I manged to attract the attention of a couple of assault trucks.  I managed to take care of them and decided to stop their unwanted advanced that were coming from the Guard post nearby.  I shot two more with the sniper rifle and noticed 1 beside a gas drum.  WELL ISN'T THAT SPECIAL..I thought. So I shot it and BOOM..a nice fire was started.  I then heard a truck starting up and the merc was attempting to move or use the truck.  His partner ran over and hopped in the passenger seat just as the driver was starting to be overcome by smoke and hopped out INTO the fire.  One a burnin'. The second hops out into the gunner position and then decides he will drive the truck and hops in the drivers seat.  WHAT A MORON.!!! He realizes he's not gonna get away and hops OUT INTO THE FIRE.  Two mercs a burnin and what nice candles they made.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

haha, that must have been quite a sight - those two fools, one after another.  I must admit it is quite humorous to see how the mercs react to fire.  They often turn away from you and then inch their way away from the fire giving you the breathing room you need.

JRD

Oh man... I had a similar experience I posted on the Artificial Dumbness thread... only that time one merc shot a yelow barrel (dying, obviously) and the others went into the fire to toast..... it was in a guard post somewhere with some 6 mercs in it. I only shot one of them, the others died of stupidity...........  ;D

Sweet to watch......
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Ricamundo

I aquired a GL truck yesterday, and since i was on my way to pick up a jackal tape, and they rarely seem to be located near bus stops, or rivers, i decided to try fighting my way past a couple of guard posts that were in my way.

The first one must have had extra gas drums in there, as it went up like a roman candle. One explsion flipped a gun truck over on top of the 2 mercs who then started making those dying yells.

oddly tho, even after the fires died out, and i drove thru, they were clearly dead, but continued to make the dying yells, all of them different, until they cycled thr
u them all again and again, so something got stuck, although I contunued on normally.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Tags:
🡱 🡳