Here's the Unimog... DLC vehicle

Started by PZ, May 06, 2009, 09:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I'm kind of liking the Unimog - takes plenty of punishment and sounds like a diesel.

Notice the .50 cal turret gun
[smg id=379]

Driving the beast...
[smg id=380]

JRD

Hehehe I noticed the corpse in the first picture....  ;D

Or is it someone getting a tan in Africa???
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

oops.... [snicker]  I think he fell down...

Art Blade

nice pics, PZ :)

say, are some of those vehicles bigger, as in higher? Should allow for new climbing experience, maybe the little bit you missed out on the truck... climbig a fence or the roof of a shack?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks, Art
Good thinking - I've not tried that, but it sounds like something to go for!

Hacko

Quote from: PZ on May 06, 2009, 10:30:20 AM
oops.... [snicker]  I think he fell down...

Or maybe he ran headlong into the UniMog and keeled over, like the animals do in the game. ;D

RedRaven

defo best vehicle in the game, great over any terrain, rolls nicely, often back onto its wheels, good mounted gun, and its a Merc!!!
they should run ad campaign with the tag line "The Best Mercs only drive Mercs"
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Sounds like you have experience with the Unimog that is quite positive - can't wait to use it some more to test it's performance.

Ricamundo

This is the first playthru where i've driven way more than i've walked, on account of the Uni, and the ATV. Its hard fro me to walk past either without grabbing it for a ride. 8)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Because I finally purchased the DLC for the PS3, I was able to drive the Unimog this morning for the first time on the console.  Although I have not tested it completely, I did notice the following:

• It is quite resistant to damage
  • It stands quite a bit taller than other vehicles
  • the .50 is a good weapon, but a GL would have been the ultimate
  • Repair manuals are not available, and it does not seem as if the standard repair upgrades w@&k with the Uni.
  • It's a diesel and sounds like the big truck, but is fast and agile.
An assault truck (what was your acronym Art?) came at me, crashing into the front end of the Uni - although I slowed, the power of the Uni allowed it to push the assault truck back down the road and off an embankment.

Taking all into consideration, I really like this vehicle!  :-X

Art Blade

ATP (assault truck patrol)

as in Association of Tennis Professionals, or Adenosine Tri Phosphate, or more likely to be recognised: Asynchronous Transfer Mode, a term used with modems :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Sounds like a good acronym for us to use - we might need to spell it out for a while to get people accustomed to it, but I'm sure that it will catch on.  :-X

Art Blade

haha, reminds me... DMP for Datsun Merc Patrol
or DDP for Datsun Dummy Patrol. Not sure which one is better...

DMP as in Disease Management Program, or Digital Manufacturing and Production, or Dynamic Multi-Pathing :)

DDP as in Delivered Duty Paid, or Disc Description Protocol,  or Debian Documentation Project, or Defect Detection Percentage :)

PZ

Both are good!

I was able to get some seat time in the Unimog this morning, and the thing is a beast off road.  Evidently the high ground clearance and huge tires are not just for show - they're for go.  For instance, I approached Sepoko from the west through the relatively narrow pass.  I normally am using an assault truck, but this time I was in the unimog, and what a difference!  Places that the AT usually had to carefully navigate, the Uni just cruised through.  Rocks that stopped other vehicles were often navigable by the Uni (as long as they weren't too tall).

Great off road vehicle and the handling is not too bad!

RedRaven

Unimog has got to be best vehicle in the game, certainly most fun to drive, have found when it rolls it usually ends up back on its wheels too. :-X
its the only vehicle i try to keep running, others are just part of my arsenal ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳