This is my gun.....

Started by Dweller_Benthos, May 06, 2009, 04:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

[smg id=374 align=center width=400 caption="... and I'll shove it in your face."]

Started a new game last night, took some screens of the beginning, since I didn't do anything like that first time through.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Same here - I started a PC game some time ago and started taking pics of the faction officials - forgot all about it until you I saw your post.  I've an interesting one with Prosper Kouassi exhibiting a characteristic I've not noticed before.

EDIT:
Many of might have already discovered this, but Prosper is blind in his right eye:
[smg id=376]

Dweller_Benthos

Wow, now that's some looking out for detail, I never bothered to get close enough.

I had the idea of getting screenshots of the journal pages that show you your mission status, to use for posts here, but when you hit ESC to show your journal and take a screenshot, it shows what's happening back in the game, not the journal page, bummer.

I did one mission for the Indian guy, forget his name, the one with the turban, and then went on to the first mission, doing the side stuff for Michelle. I think it's going to be tough to carry out my "no buddies left alive" plan with her as the first one (gulp!).
D_B

PZ

If you use irfanview (or any other capture utility) and run FC2 in a windowed mode (alt-enter) then the screen cap utility will capture the journal, inside buildings, anything.  When finished, hit alt-enter to break out of windowed mode (unless you want to play in a window).

EDIT:  I too thought of the mission status jpg for entry into missions pages - here is an example of a compressed jpg of the journal in the mission: commando gear:
[smg id=378 width=400]

edited the pic width /Art

Dweller_Benthos

Yep, that's what I was thinking of. I figured an external screen porgram would do it, strange that it doesn't worj directly in FC2.
D_B

Art Blade

I think it is a side effect of a wanted effect.

Example: You shoot someone in a cease fire zone and see the message telling you to escape the zone. Take a "FC2 screenshot" right there and then. The screenshot doesn't show that message, or any side info such as ammo etc. Only the pure action is in the pic.

That suggests the game uses a dual layer screen, the background being the game, the foreground being any info. That includes the pause menu, which includes the stats.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I don't think so Art... when I take screenshots with a malaria pill flask showing on screen it also shows on my screenshots as far as I remember.. but will check it though....
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

on topic:

I'd like this as my gun :)

[smg id=381 width=400]

edited the pic width /Art

PZ

Cool... now that's attention to detail...

Dweller_Benthos

It's the new flare/deagle thingy. LOL
D_B

Art Blade

I found a community of good people who spend a good amount of time kneeling while wielding their Deagles. I dub them "Kneagles"  :-D

[smg id=7276 type=preview align=center caption="kneagles"]

PZ

:-X :laugh:

There appears to be a dead guy - did you do that?

Art Blade

No -- those guys lying on the ground only had one leg so they kept falling over. ;D

PZ

I guess they deserve a handicapped parking sticker  8-X

Art Blade

Unless you're referring to the hearse, I'm afraid that won't do the trick any more because after taking that pic, I revoked all of their driving licences. Permanently, as in eternally. >:D

fragger

That's about as handicapped as you can get...

Art Blade

calling death a handicap is a bit of an understatement, don't you think?  :laugh:

fragger

Absolutely :-D That's definitely something one has trouble getting up from...

Art Blade

PZ

Off topic here: I don't know about you chaps' experience, but in my area all businesses have handicap parking spaces, that are 99% of the time occupied by people that are using grandma's car and have absolutely no handicap whatsoever.

I went to a restaurant a couple of days ago, saw a man and his wife climb into a tall 4x4 truck (parked in a handicap parking space) while an old woman was wheeling her husband in from the distant parking lot.

This a$$hole was taking up a parking spot just because he and his worthless wife were to f'in lazy to walk the extra 50 yards, taking up a space that was needed by the truly handicapped.

I am disgusted with the way that people today justify their bad behavior hiding behind the letter of the law - "if you have a handicap license plate, then you deserve the spot, need it or not".  It reminds me of how people abuse the disability and welfare laws.

Art Blade

we have loads of those parking spaces for the disabled but usually no one dares to occupy them without an actual handicap plus licence. You wouldn't last long without and it costs dearly if you get caught. Our city relies on tickets and they make good money from parking offenders.

PZ

5 years ago the parking lot to my building hardly ever had a car in one of the 6 handicap spaces.  Today, I almost never see a space available, and parking enforcement does nothing about it.

Art Blade

oh, here we are very strict. Depending on how wrong you parked, you might have to go to the car impound to get it back -- and pay for towing, plus the ticket, of course.  :-D Even the police might show up and call the tow truck. Even more expensive  >:D

fragger

That's how it should be - hit the thoughtless buggers where it really hurts, in the hip pocket. It's the only way they'll learn.

There are lots of handicapped spaces in the carpark where I w@&k, and they are always full. I can't believe there are that many truly handicapped people all at the shops, all at the same time, all on the same day, every day.

Apparently the local police are going to be having a crackdown on this particular type of abuse, and it's about time too.

Tags:
🡱 🡳