Ammo Upgrades and Infamous

Started by Ricamundo, May 05, 2009, 01:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

Hey guys. I just finished the Barge mish. Holy jumpin jebus, i'm glad that one is over!  :P

Anywho, after escaping Leboa, and helping out barge Cappy Frank, I was notified that some goodies in the gun shop were unlocked. Hoo friken Ray!

I'd been impatiently waiting for those ammo upgrades to unlock, as some weapons, most notably the Dart/ Crossbow only has 3 shots, and i wanted at least one more.

Well, i went in and blew a pile of diamonds on  several things, such as the large serrette upgrade. In fact, i bought every upgrade except the Pyro one. I also bought the Deagle, as I was curious about it, but i'll have to wait and see how it is on my next mish.

When i went into the storage room, i replaced all my weapons, and oddly i could not pick up any extra ammo. When i went outside, i had the same 3 shots on the crossbow, although the Dart is now 6 shots.

The DLC weapons, apparently don't w@&k with upgraded ammo packs, and even my grenadier upgrade didn't change after i bought it, its still 3. I hope the serrette upgrade works, but i need to find another health station as the one at the gun shop hasn't respawned yet.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I'm sure that you purchased it, but wouldn't the crossbow require the rocketeer satchel?

Ricamundo

Quote from: PZ on May 05, 2009, 02:17:14 PM
I'm sure that you purchased it, but wouldn't the crossbow require the rocketeer satchel?

I'm pretty sure i bought it. I know i skipped the pyro upgrade, as i don't use many IED's.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

JRD

Quote from: Ricamundo on May 06, 2009, 02:03:27 AM
I'm pretty sure i bought it. I know i skipped the pyro upgrade, as i don't use many IED's.

Ooops... the pyro upgrade is effective for molotovs and flamethrower if I'm not wrong!!!
I think PZ is correct, the rocketeer satchel should add a few arrows to the crossbow, if it can be upgraded that is!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Ricamundo

Quote from: JRD on May 06, 2009, 06:44:07 AM
Quote from: Ricamundo on May 06, 2009, 02:03:27 AM

Ooops... the pyro upgrade is effective for molotovs and flamethrower if I'm not wrong!!!
I think PZ is correct, the rocketeer satchel should add a few arrows to the crossbow, if it can be upgraded that is!

I checked, and i have all the ammo upgrades except the pyro. I have 6 darts now which is great, but still only 3 with the crossie.

BTW, i bought a Deagle, and man that thing kicks a$$! Great stopping power.

So atm my loadout(just past 50% complete) is silenced shotty, deagle, Dart/Crossie depending on mish.

RedRaven

tried with all 3 weapons in DLC and on PC at least there is no change to ammo when regular upgrades are purchased, cant get manuals for them either. but at least they are freely available soon as tutorial is complete.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

TheFishlord

I believe that the DLC weapons come with the same amount of ammo, regardless of difficulty level or upgrades e.g. 36 for the sawed off, 42 for the silenced shotty, and 3 for the crossbow, that's it.

Ricamundo

The mag size for the shotty is ok with me, but 3 rounds for the crossie is a bit thin. I was doing a convoy mish for the gun dealer, and i missed the damned truck with all 3 rounds. Back to the gun shop for a reload. :-[

RedRaven

may well be wrong about ammo carried with DLC weapons, will investigate and let you all know asap.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳